What's new

YazFi YazFi - enhanced AsusWRT-Merlin Guest WiFi inc. SSID <-> VPN Client

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I don't have ipv6 enabled.

Interesting results when I temporarily disable Skynet.

1) Ping from main wireless (10.100.100.x) to guest (10.100.2.x) > failed (this passed before)
2) Ping from main wired (10.100.100.x) to guest (10.100.2.x) > failed (this is unchanged)
3) Ping from guest (10.100.2.x) to guest (10.100.2.x) > pass (this is unchanged)

edit: not sure if this info will help but here goes anyway:

Guest network: all devices get IP through DHCP
Main network: all existing devices have a static ip, DHCP enabled for new devices (none connected that don't have static IP as of now)
I think I have got this fixed in the develop branch, I will PM you with a link to a patched script.

Essentially the issue is that I was only blocking new connections - any related/established could pass through. While this seemed fine in 99% of my testing, I found that in some situations connections would be allowed. YazFi will now block connections regardless of state, and I have moved the YazFi chain insertion as below:

Code:
From
-A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
-A FORWARD -j YazFiFORWARD

to
-A FORWARD -j YazFiFORWARD
-A FORWARD -m state --state RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT

EDIT: This addresses points 1 and 2, 3 I have a fix I'm trying locally before pushing to the script

EDIT: This addresses points 1 and 2, 3 I have a fix I'm trying locally before pushing to the script
Confirmed the change fixes 1 and 2! Many thanks :)

YazFi v2.3.9 has been released

Changelog:
Code:
Update YazFi to fix isolation of guest from other networks

YazFi now blocks regardless of connection state
To update:
Code:
/jffs/scripts/YazFi update

Many thanks to @infra_red_dude for helping me track down the issue - I recall a user previously had a similar issue, but at the time, I could not re-create it

Hello!
I have Asus AC66U and i want that users from guest network were able to connect to local dns (pihole).
Here is config:
Code:
wl01_ENABLED=true
wl01_IPADDR=172.18.0.0
wl01_DHCPSTART=160
wl01_DHCPEND=199
wl01_DNS1=172.16.0.2
wl01_DNS2=172.16.0.2
wl01_FORCEDNS=true
wl01_REDIRECTALLTOVPN=false
wl01_VPNCLIENTNUMBER=
wl01_LANACCESS=
wl01_CLIENTISOLATION=

Does this feature work in YazFi v2.3.9?

Last edited:
Hello!
I have Asus AC66U and i want that users from guest network were able to connect to local dns (pihole).
Here is config:
Code:
wl01_ENABLED=true
wl01_IPADDR=172.18.0.0
wl01_DHCPSTART=160
wl01_DHCPEND=199
wl01_DNS1=172.16.0.2
wl01_DNS2=172.16.0.2
wl01_FORCEDNS=true
wl01_REDIRECTALLTOVPN=false
wl01_VPNCLIENTNUMBER=
wl01_LANACCESS=
wl01_CLIENTISOLATION=

Does this feature work in YazFi v2.3.9?
It should indeed! Let me know if you run into any issues

What does
Code:
iptables -S YazFiFORWARD
look like?
iptables -S YazFiFORWARD
iptables v1.3.8: Unknown arg `-S'

Code:
iptables -L YazFiFORWARD
Chain YazFiFORWARD (1 references)
target     prot opt source               destination
YazFiREJECT  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

iptables -S YazFiFORWARD
iptables v1.3.8: Unknown arg `-S'

Code:
iptables -L YazFiFORWARD
Chain YazFiFORWARD (1 references)
target     prot opt source               destination
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
Ah, which firmware version are you running?

I'm getting ready to unveil YazFi v3.0.0 which moves to a menu system (commands are still supported!) - ready for integration with amtm

Are there any willing testers out there?
I'd much rather be doing that than doing what I am doing this weekend, which is going to the funeral of a very good friend taken way too early by metastatic breast cancer. :-( I'm planning on being far too drunk to be of much use testing.

I'd much rather be doing that than doing what I am doing this weekend, which is going to the funeral of a very good friend taken way too early by metastatic breast cancer. :-( I'm planning on being far too drunk to be of much use testing.
Sorry to hear that - all the best, and while tempting, don't drink too much

I'm getting ready to unveil YazFi v3.0.0 which moves to a menu system (commands are still supported!) - ready for integration with amtm

/me raises hand up to be guinea pig :D

I can surely help test the use cases that I currently use YazFi for (guest isolation, separate subnet etc., no VPN though).

Hey Jack,

I finally managed to acquire a testing device an 68U apart from my normal network setup, I can give it a whirl.

Obviously it will not be on my 5300 due to my network setup, so I can't try the extra radios. :(

Jack Yaz,

I am running an RT-AC3100 as the main router and an RT-AC68U as an AP.

I'm not sure if your script can support this setup? If it does; great!

If it doesn't; I'm willing to drop the RT-AC68U to test your v3.0 script out. Having it be 'amtm' compliant is a huge boost in usabilty. I've just recently started using amtm and I know I'm lost without it.

If you want feedback from a newbie, I'll do my best to help.