What's new

YazFi YazFi guests showing in main network map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dmolavi

Occasional Visitor
AX-88U here with latest merlin and YazFi. I'm noticing that clients connected to the guest network, and showing up in YazFi's list of connected clients (with addresses in the guest subnet), also appear in the main network map list, with static IPs on the main subnet. Is this due to iptables NAT rules? Just wondering if it's something I should be concerned about or if it is expected behavior.

Do those guest WiFi device have reserved IP addresses assigned for the main LAN IP address range? If so delete those reserved IP addresses and reboot both the guest WiFi devices and the router..
Which IP addresses are those guest device using? YazFi IP addresses or the main LAN IP addresses?

On a side note there was a recent thread in the ASUS Merlin subforum where a YazFi user discussed weird issues they were having which is somewhat similar. May want to give that thread a read through (if you haven't already) to see if anything applies to your situation.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wrong-ips-shown-on-wireless-log-webpage.77643/

Do those guest WiFi device have reserved IP addresses assigned for the main LAN IP address range? If so delete those reserved IP addresses and reboot both the guest WiFi devices and the router..
Which IP addresses are those guest device using? YazFi IP addresses or the main LAN IP addresses?

On a side note there was a recent thread in the ASUS Merlin subforum where a YazFi user discussed weird issues they were having which is somewhat similar. May want to give that thread a read through (if you haven't already) to see if anything applies to your situation.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/wrong-ips-shown-on-wireless-log-webpage.77643/

None have reserved or static addresses in the non-guest block, but they show up both in Yazfi with the guest IP and a static entry in the main block. They should only have guest addresses, and looking on the devices (TP Link IOT smart plugs) themselves, they are connected to the guest SSID and they have a guest IP.

I'll check out the referenced thread. Thank you :)

Hi, I have a similar issue... except clients connected to Guest network are not shown in main network table at all.

Edit: I see there was an updated firmware available. I updated to 386.5_2 and it's the same. Guests only shown in YazFi and not Asus LAN menu or quick network view form main page.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.58.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-28 at 10.58.48 AM.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 152
  • Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 10-59-31 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - Network Map.png
    Screenshot 2022-03-28 at 10-59-31 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AX86U - Network Map.png
    129.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Hi, I have a similar issue... except clients connected to Guest network are not shown in main network table at all.

Edit: I see there was an updated firmware available. I updated to 386.5_2 and it's the same. Guests only shown in YazFi and not Asus LAN menu or quick network view form main page.
The Network Map section doesn't show YazFi clients. You either need to look at the YazFi GUI page or look at the System Log > Wireless Log page. Or use SSH to view the YazFi CLI or issue the command: cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

Resurrecting this because I have the same issue - I have clients connected to the yazfi guest 2.4 and 5g networks but they won't show in the network map. Usually I would sort by interface to troubleshoot the guest networks - after firing up yazfi I noticed I can no longer do this. Wondering if it's by design?

Resurrecting this because I have the same issue - I have clients connected to the yazfi guest 2.4 and 5g networks but they won't show in the network map. Usually I would sort by interface to troubleshoot the guest networks - after firing up yazfi I noticed I can no longer do this. Wondering if it's by design?
As the post preceding your post indicates. You can view YazFi clients on the YazFi page (GUI > Guest Network > YazFi page), or on the GUI > System Log > Wireless Log page. Or use SSH to view the YazFi CLI (option #2) , or use SSH issue the SSH command: cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases

YazFi clients do not show up in the Network Map. The simplistic answer for why is due to YazFi clients using IP address ranges that are different than the main LAN IP address range.