What's new

[ 3004.388.7 alpha 2 Build(s) ] Testing available build(s)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed the Connections on Tools page is gone. As far as I noticed that was the only place to state in numbers how many of max is there and nr of active ones?
It was useful to me...

Or just add it elsewhere, like to the System Log - Active Connections or to the Classification page...
System Log -> Connection Tab is more useful as it shows the whole list, and I don't see anyone needing to check is they reached the 3000000 max limit.

System Log -> Connection Tab is more useful as it shows the whole list, and I don't see anyone needing to check is they reached the 3000000 max limit.
They would certainly have other issues before they reached the max limit of 300K!

True, but in my case I dont care for the unattainable ASUS Router 300.000 max limit 😁
But I do care of my poor ISP-s HGW that can easily crash already on 2.000 and on 10.000 is long gone... 😅
So sometimes I need to monitor that.

This looks awesome! I did notice that the temp graph didn't fill in the last column between 57 and 60. Thank you for all of your hard work @RMerlin!!! Checked everything I use and seems all is running smooth as silk.
4f7d1429-9354-475e-9ff5-3b0c1045cd60.png

This looks awesome! I did notice that the temp graph didn't fill in the last column between 57 and 60. Thank you for all of your hard work @RMerlin!!! Checked everything I use and seems all is running smooth as silk.
View attachment 57915
Is that because "60" is the same as "0" of the next minute? 🤔

1.Here is a list of unknown ipv4 port forwarding i never set.屏幕截图 2024-04-14 115444.png
2 ipv6 upnp failed, its qbittorrent client

屏幕截图 2024-04-14 115503.png屏幕截图 2024-04-14 115513.png

3 the icons for lan devices overlap on aicloud page
屏幕截图 2024-04-14 115543.png

Attachments

• 1713066984897.png
    1713066984897.png
    208.5 KB · Views: 34
Upgraded to Alpha2 from the latest Alpha1. Running stable for more than 10 hours. Nice new System Information page! Thanks RMerlin and other devs!

Units been working great:
AX88U Pro
AX86U
Thank You :)

Working fine here.
One minor issue, tools > swap is showing “no swap configured” but I do have a swap configured on USB.
Mine was doing this on A1 but its not now on A2.

I noticed the Connections on Tools page is gone. As far as I noticed that was the only place to state in numbers how many of max is there and nr of active ones?
It was useful to me...

Or just add it elsewhere, like to the System Log - Active Connections or to the Classification page...
Agree. Its such a small line to include on the NETWORK bit. I also like to know connections. I have the max tcp connections lower on the config page as it probably helps memory etc if lower but enough with headroom.

I did notice that the temp graph didn't fill in the last column between 57 and 60.
It looks like there are 21 x-axis labels in the code, but only 20 data points permitted. So 0 or 60 needs to go…

Another batch of observations:
1) Improved memory management. With a USB drive connected, previously my memory usage was almost maximum, now it hovers around half.

asus1.jpg

2) An error occurred when the list of connected devices was frozen. In the first release of Alpha 1 this problem did not exist, in the next Alpha it already appeared and in the latest release the error still occurs.

asus2.jpg

The rest looks stable.

Another batch of observations:
1) Improved memory management. With a USB drive connected, previously my memory usage was almost maximum, now it hovers around half.

View attachment 57928

2) An error occurred when the list of connected devices was frozen. In the first release of Alpha 1 this problem did not exist, in the next Alpha it already appeared and in the latest release the error still occurs.

View attachment 57929

The rest looks stable.

Note the changelog:
- CHANGED: Updated free memory report on networkmap to also
consider reclaimable memory as being free (kjbracey)

You're only seeing "improved memory management" likely because of this, with likely little actual change.

Note the changelog:
- CHANGED: Updated free memory report on networkmap to also
consider reclaimable memory as being free (kjbracey)

You're only seeing "improved memory management" likely because of this, with likely little actual change.
Now I checked by copying and then deleting the file from the USB drive. The cache value is simply not included in the graphical chart and in "System status"

@Darek : It would be helpful for everybody if you would add a signatute with your setup.

An error occurred when the list of connected devices was frozen. In the first release of Alpha 1 this problem did not exist, in the next Alpha it already appeared and in the latest release the error still occurs.
That works for me as expected (as it always did before). Did you change time of "Automatically refresh"?

EDIT:
I'm not sure if it's supposed to be this way, but for me the bandwidth monitor only works with "App analysis" enabled. Can someone please confirm this. I know that has been discussed before..

Last edited:
For alpha 2, Network Map, Interface Mode, Wired can not sort using Clients Name --> Access time headings. Sorting OK for 2.4 and 5 GHz interfaces. Note: yellow highlight bar sits under column headings for Wired and over column headings for 2.4 and 5GHz interfaces.

Performed a dirty update to alpha 2 with a subsequent reboot on my AX86U Pro. Not other issues observed.

1713111223669.png

1713110633962.png

alpha 2 network map observation.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online