What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is now available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, @Bogey make sure you have at least a 2GB swap file enabled.

I have GT-AX6000 as well running 388.2 and I had mem usage that high same as you. A temporary workaround I did, not really a fix, is to run diversion update twice a week which will drop the cache a bit to free some mem. I think i have seen it drop to about 53-54% after this. BUT a few hours later it will rise up.

I don't run Diversion or any AMTM/Scripts/Plugins on the Router, so this is interesting but I'll keep my eye on it over the next few weeks to see if it creeps back up.

I don't run Diversion or any AMTM/Scripts/Plugins on the Router

The reason your "Let's go!" works well. Most complaints in beta/release threads are not firmware related.

The reason your "Let's go!" works well. Most complaints in beta/release threads are not firmware related.
Keep it clean and simple. Let the router just be a router.

388.2_2 is now available. Changes since 388.2:

Code:
388.2_2 (7-May-2023)
  - UPDATED: Merged GPL 388_22668 for the XT12 (only)
  - UPDATED: OpenVPN to 2.6.3.
  - FIXED: QoS Status page wouldn't display Upload stats
           if the WAN interface was set to a secondary
           2.5G/10G port instead of the default WAN port.
  - FIXED: dnsmasq may crash if no DNS server is configured
           (fix backported from dnsmasq upstream)
  - FIXED: Missing GPY211 driver for the XT12 and for certain
           hardware revisions of other HND 5.04 models.

Let's GO!

DONE!

Well, LETS PLAY! 😂😉

Who's excited?

Updated my all system, seems way more stabler here for me.
It was smooth without any doubt.

AX88U*2+ AX56U , after 5m everything sync up by itself.

I think the changes here did something good for AX88U.

Thank you! @RMerlin

Interesting observation... the Bandwidth Monitor is now working as it was before, without Apps analysis enabled... weird...

Meea8gL.png

Updated to 388.2_2 on my GT-AX11000 and RT-AX58U dirty update from 388.2 all good so far.

Curious about a connection on the router from a process called wred I assume its (Weighted random early detection) after a quick google. Used the list open files command lsof -i -P (a entware surprised it's not installed by default) to see the process and connections, and it seems to have this established connection to a site curious what it's doing. I have an assumption its to do with Trend Micros Engine for ai protection or QoS possibly for traffic shaping maybe someone would know more.

wred.jpg

Last edited:
Updated to 388.2_2 on my GT-AX11000 and RT-AX58U dirty update from 388.2 all good so far.

Curious about a connection on the router from a process called wred I assume its (Weighted random early detection) after a quick google. Used the list open files command lsof -i -P (a entware surprised it's not installed by default) to see the process and connections, and it seems to have this established connection to a site curious what it's doing. I have an assumption its to do with Trend Micros Engine for ai protection or QoS possibly for traffic shaping maybe someone would know more.

View attachment 49953
It’s usually web reputation daemon (Malicious Sites Blocking) talking to rgom10-asus-en.url.trendmicro.com. But check and see if this name and the name redacted in your screenshot resolve to the same (or very close) IP addresses.

Last edited:
It’s usually web reputation daemon (Malicious Sites Blocking) talking to rgom10-asus-en.url.trendmicro.com. But check and see if this name and the name redacted in your screenshot resolve to the same (or very close) IP addresses.

Yeah it’s similar in that the CDN company Akamai Technologies Inc. is involved; the ip is different, but likely a local proxy or something. Either way I’ll assume it’s harmless.

Interesting observation... the Bandwidth Monitor is now working as it was before, without Apps analysis enabled... weird...

Meea8gL.png
Same on ax86u, toggled app analysis on the off and now it's all good. Even had the ping penalty of qos until I toggled that setting... strange that would be enabled by default on this software. After a reboot it reverts to being enabled and included about a 1ms penalty. Once toggled on, hitting no it disables it and things are normal.

Will try a factory reset and test from there.

Last edited:

Meea8gL.png
After withdraw Terms Of Policy of Trend Micro it stopped in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.