What's new

BQ16 Pro Quad Band

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

We're getting way off-topic here - the Broadcom vs. Qualcomm thing - as a Qualcomm shareholder at the time, it was a hell of a proxy fight between Hock Tan and Qualcomm's board of directors...

You say you "follow the M&A circles", but you're showing that you are not aware of the specifics here....
I was referring to this final straw that broke the camel's back:

But agreed, we're moving way-off topic so I'll stop here except for further developments in the BQ16 Pro.

Out starts to be dangerous to have legacy Asus routers, dikke are 12v (less power hungry) and some are 19v.

Imagine if by accident you attached the 19v to a 12v router...

Asus is also the only brand that does not have outdoor acces points. Therefore you cannot extend outdoors for cameras, pool, phones in the garden etc...

Don't they have the expertise to create outdoor products?

Considering the RT-BE96U got its FCC filing in April already and still isn‘t really available in Europe I think it will take a bit longer than that here unfortunately.

Btw. all the new Asus Wifi 7 devices don‘t have Wifi 6E right?

Considering the RT-BE96U got its FCC filing in April already and still isn‘t really available in Europe I think it will take a bit longer than that here unfortunately.

Btw. all the new Asus Wifi 7 devices don‘t have Wifi 6E right?

That’s not how it works. There are companies that launch products the day they get FCC approval.

The RT-BE96U is the first of its generation and took a lot longer to develop due to firmware. Initial filings were in January and it has been available for sale since August in small volumes.

6GHz frequency support is a key tenet of 802.11be. I encourage you to undertake more reading to deepen your understanding.

Two versions will be available:
1. ZenWiFi BQ16
BE25000, 2,4 GHz BE: 4x4 + 5 GHz-1 BE: 4x4 + 5 GHz-2 BE: 4x4+ 6 GHz BE: 4x4
2. ZenWiFi BQ16pro
BE30000, 2,4 GHz BE: 4x4 + 5 GHz BE: 4x4 + 6 GHz-1 BE: 4x4+ 6 GHz-2 BE: 4x4

I hear 'ZenWiFi' and I get a cold shiver down my spine. :)

Good to see more WiFi 7 products getting introduced. Not something (ZenWiFi) I would ever use.

Last edited:
Wondering if these are still on the roadmap. It seems any reference to BQ16 has completely disappeared from the ASUS websites.

Last edited:
BQ16 Pro would have been a bummer compared to the Deco BE95. I hope they revise it with something better, so I have a reason to continue buying ASUS vs jumping ship to TP-Link…

Let's hope for some good news and announcements coming out of CES later this week - fingers crossed.

A specific model (i.e. 'specs') is hardly a reason to jump ship from Asus.

A specific model (i.e. 'specs') is hardly a reason to jump ship from Asus.
Yes, true. I am used to them being first to market and then TP-Link following with a similar but lower price model. This round they seemed to have fallen behind though…

That was just coincidence for a few models, I'm sure.

But TP-Link is to far behind Asus, they not always follow, they never catch up either.

Even if today they have a (cheaper) model between Asus SKUs.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!