What's new

[Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374.43 LTS releases (Archive)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Also, are they the same model router? The MIPS based routers will top out at about 10-12 Mbps best case when running OpenVPN.

Are they both using the same PIA server location? There are some good PIA servers and some not so good. I actually get better performance by going to a PIA location/server that is not closest to me. (Could also be your ISP routing to the various servers with the same effect).
Yes they are both Asus AC68U both using the Mexico location. Both on Verizon but two different locations, about 10 miles from each other.

Any idea

Yes they are both Asus AC68U both using the Mexico location. Both on Verizon but two different locations, about 10 miles from each other.

Any idea
OK...a few more questions....

- Did you factory reset both routers after loading the fork firmware?

- Just to double check...however you are measuring the speed is the same for both routers when you turn off the PIA VPN?

- Are both routers the same rev level? A1 and A2 have an 800MHz processor, B1 has a 1000MHz processor. C1 is also 1000MHz (but as of now it's not supported by the fork). You can check the CPU clock speed on the tools page. Also, are you overclocking at all?

- Double check that the PIA openvpn setup is the same (especially certs, encryption and ports). PIA uses each of these to set up their servers.

- As a last resort, since the routers are only 10 mi from each other, can you swap the routers and see if it follows the router, or there is a difference in the ISP connection.

Hi, one question.. Wasn't this firmware auto updating? I just realised i was still on version 374.43_2-12BGj9527 for soo long..

And one more question, does anyone know why i have so much packetloss while uploading? Even when not uploading i randomly start to lag while gaming and get some packet loss from time to time.
I got a 200/20 internet connection and my ISP is saying that everything should be running fine, so i am clueless..

Hi, one question.. Wasn't this firmware auto updating? I just realised i was still on version 374.43_2-12BGj9527 for soo long..

Nope. No auto-update.

And one more question, does anyone know why i have so much packetloss while uploading? Even when not uploading i randomly start to lag while gaming and get some packet loss from time to time.
I got a 200/20 internet connection and my ISP is saying that everything should be running fine, so i am clueless..

How are you recording packetloss? How much packetloss?

Less than 1% is acceptable.

Nope. No auto-update.

How are you recording packetloss? How much packetloss?

Less than 1% is acceptable.

Wow, i feel really dumb for not checking if it auto updates or not..
So many security fixed that i missed out on..

Well, i check the packet loss while being on Teamspeak, and when i get the packet loss, my voice gets "static" i warp all over the place in game, and my ping gets pretty high in game.
I get something between 25 and 50 packet loss from time to time.. Sometimes higher, sometimes a bit lower i think, but i kinda forgot the exact digits.
Also, for example, when i upload a video to youtube or on utorrent, my download barely gets the speed it's supposed to get. Feels like it's getting "throttled". I am on the same ISP as i have been for years, the only thing i changed was going to a different internet package, i had 120/12 now i am on 200/20 and it feels worse..
My pc is fine so that should not be the problem, but no clue what it can be.

Btw, at this moment, it looks better after using the latest firmware. But i would have to check later on, when i have some stuff that i can properly upload, and when i can get on the same teamspeak and game.

So many security fixed that i missed out on..

Well, i check the packet loss while being on Teamspeak, and when i get the packet loss, my voice gets "static" i warp all over the place in game, and my ping gets pretty high in game.
I get something between 25 and 50 packet loss from time to time.. Sometimes higher, sometimes a bit lower i think, but i kinda forgot the exact digits.
Also, for example, when i upload a video to youtube or on utorrent, my download barely gets the speed it's supposed to get. Feels like it's getting "throttled". I am on the same ISP as i have been for years, the only thing i changed was going to a different internet package, i had 120/12 now i am on 200/20 and it feels worse..
My pc is fine so that should not be the problem, but no clue what it can be.

Btw, at this moment, it looks better after using the latest firmware. But i would have to check later on, when i have some stuff that i can properly upload, and when i can get on the same teamspeak and game.

Try to check your modem's stats. I was provisioned for speeds I couldn't handle with my old modem and would get disconnects, though didn't think to check for packet loss at the time. Maybe your modem can't handle it but I'm guessing you're on fiber and have a fiber modem? Don't know, I never had speeds anywhere near that fast where I've ever lived. So I'm unfamiliar how you internet upper class live.

Also, for example, when i upload a video to youtube or on utorrent, my download barely gets the speed it's supposed to get. Feels like it's getting "throttled". I am on the same ISP as i have been for years, the only thing i changed was going to a different internet package, i had 120/12 now i am on 200/20 and it feels worse.

Disable QoS and everything that disables hardware acceleration and reboot your router. Make sure hardware acceleration gets reported as enabled.

Because you do torrents, timeouts have to be set really small.

Just wondering if there is any status on when or if there might be a version of this fork for the ASUS RT-AC87R. Have this loaded on the RT-N66R so familiar with the enhancements over the Merlin version.

Thanks,

Just wondering if there is any status on when or if there might be a version of this fork for the ASUS RT-AC87R. Have this loaded on the RT-N66R so familiar with the enhancements over the Merlin version.
Post #1
The following routers were released after the base code used for this fork was available, and are NOT supported.
  • AC87U, AC3200 (and the retail R versions)

Thanks,

As ColinTaylor said, this fork is an older firmware release with some enhancements here & there. The older release it is based on does not support your router, so this fork will probably never support your router.

As ColinTaylor said, this fork is an older firmware release with some enhancements here & there. The older release it is based on does not support your router, so this fork will probably never support your router.

Thanks. Guess it doesnt always pay to get the newer things... ;)

Disable QoS and everything that disables hardware acceleration and reboot your router. Make sure hardware acceleration gets reported as enabled.

Because you do torrents, timeouts have to be set really small.

QoS is disabled, i don't think i turned something on that disables hw acceleration. Most of the options are on default and at tools it reports as enabled.
In case i didn't mention, i have a asus ac68u btw.
This is how the timeout settings are. I don't remember changing anything about these settings but i see some options that are not set to default values, strange.
708d3e2d7c31e0f53f37659f565f1184.png

https://gyazo.com/708d3e2d7c31e0f53f37659f565f1184

So how should it look like? For example i am sure that i did not change TCP Timouet: Established, it looks to be very high, but what should i set those settings to?

So how should it look like? For example i am sure that i did not change TCP Timouet: Established, it looks to be very high, but what should i set those settings to?

Try the default?

IIRC, that huge number was an error with an older firmware. Have you updated and subsequently "Factory Defaulted" after said update?

Try the default?

IIRC, that huge number was an error with an older firmware. Have you updated and subsequently "Factory Defaulted" after said update?

Yes, i think so.. But i reverted back to original a loooong time ago, maybe the last time i put this firmware on, i could have forgotten to set factory default.
So what should i do now?
I have put everything on default now at the TCP settings.
But if i set to factory default, i will loose my nvram settings right?

Last edited:
Yes, i think so.. But i reverted back to original a loooong time ago, maybe the last time i put this firmware on, i could have forgotten to set factory default.
So what should i do now?
I have put everything on default now at the TCP settings.
But if i set to factory default, i will loose my nvram settings right?

Yes if you preform a factory default you will lose all NVram settings that you have set.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!