What's new

OpenVPN 2.3.2 -- released on 2013.06.03

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

HawkInOz

Regular Contributor
Thanks!

Just installed OpenVPN 2.3.2 onto my client PC's.

2749711493.png

OpenVPN 2.3.2 throughput thru TAP connection tunnel...

2749716597.png

NOT connected thru OpenVPN....

FWIW Seems OpenVPN 2.3.2 not anymore throughput as still limited to @10Mb/s on Asus RT-N66U...

Shibby's latest build firmware still back on OpenVPN 2.3.0 which is the OpenVPN server that I test on. Will have to wait for OpenVPN 2.3.2 to be included into the next Tomato firmware build!

At a first glance, I don't see anything in the changelog that makes it worth the trouble to upgrade at this point.

At a first glance, I don't see anything in the changelog that makes it worth the trouble to upgrade at this point.

I can confirm that OpenVPN 2.3.2 does now fix a serious bug that was introduced back under 2.3.0 that I have been working around to maintain a stable TAP UDP connection.

I've had to eliminate the
push "route-gateway dhcp"
line from the Custom Configuration of my Asus RT-N66U running as an OpenVPN server in order to stop OpenVPN clients running OpenVPN 2.3.0 or 2.3.1 from crashing whenever a wireless or LAN connection was established on the RT-N66U. This included a remote wireless router configured as an OpenVPN client running Shibby's tomato with OpenVPN build 2.3.0.

Now with the client PCs updated to OpenVPN 2.3.2, OpenVPN clients no longer crash whenever I disconnect the wireless connection to RT-N66U (reboot a wireless PC) but the remote wireless router with older OpenVPN build 2.3.0 connecting as client back to OpenVPN server still crashes when I include
push "route-gateway dhcp".

So just to fix this bug and others, I would recommend updating to OpenVPN 2.3.2!;)

Last edited: