What's new

These types of Apple devices/services should be outlawed. No security fix is available at all

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Technology needs to evolve hand in hand with humanities Morals.
oh my gosh, that is such a loaded statement...

in jest - ever notice that in the federation (since we're on a star trek kick) - all of the peaceful civilizations are subservient to the all seeing/knowing federation...

Yes, the romulan and klingon's have a valid point there

:D

It's the idea. It's not Star Trek.

We don't need to have Star Trek fictional groups to have followed it properly.

Maybe the authors were like:
"look, they know this is important and they try to follow it but they fail"

Focus on the idea. Take it out of Star Trek.

Can it be followed? Is the logic flawed?

The main point being technology must slowly evolve with morals, I believe is what the creators were driving at from reading what others have posted online.

A quick note on Star Trek:

Episodes with Q are awesome and my favorite.

Critical view of humans from a God like being who does not think highly of us

Great food for thought and reflection.

I enjoyed Star Trek too, when I was a kid.

I grew up and the ideas are still interesting and relevant today. The show? Not so much.

I enjoyed Star Trek too, when I was a kid.

What's fun...

I'm 59 years old - I was exposed to star trek in the TOS network runs, and then NASA for Gemini and Apollo...

OMG - I really wanted to be an astronaut - space, the final frontier...

Why do you think Elon and Bezo's are doing their rocket games - it's because of Star Trek - like me, they watched it as well...

If you get a chance - catch Silent Running...

Picard, Season 2 - classc and a great roll up for that story line...

Ohh, so cool. I got quite a ways into Discovery. A bit kitsch.. But I also almost finished season 1 of Picard. Yea, that is a great freaking show!

What's fun...

I'm 59 years old - I was exposed to star trek in the TOS network runs, and then NASA for Gemini and Apollo...

OMG - I really wanted to be an astronaut - space, the final frontier...

Why do you think Elon and Bezo's are doing their rocket games - it's because of Star Trek - like me, they watched it as well...

If you get a chance - catch Silent Running...

Right! Taking me back to visiting the Air & Space museum in Huntsville, Alabama. So freaking cool getting to see a whole massive Saturn V rocket hanging above!

I will check out Silent Running. Thanks.

I don't of anybody without an iPhone or Android phone anymore. Even kids have phones. My grandkids do.
All my friends have phones.
you know 1 I have no cell phone , never will

you know 1 I have no cell phone , never will
Good for you. It will save a lot of $$ per month as they just keep going up in price and service. I could live without one. I only need a desktop or laptop computer. It would make my wife and friends unhappy.

One can always keep it simple...

tello is 9 bucks a month for a SIM card here in the US...

Nokia 2780 is a really nice flip-phone for about $90 US...

Good for you. It will save a lot of $$ per month as they just keep going up in price and service. I could live without one. I only need a desktop or laptop computer. It would make my wife and friends unhappy.
can't please everyone they have tried since 1988 to push me into getting a cell phone , never had a need for one .

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!