What's new

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

krum

Regular Contributor
ASUS RT-AC66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.130
Fixed:
1. Reduced the redundant packets when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN and opened web browser.
2. Fixed the traffic monitor related issues when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN,
3. Fixed client duplicated issue in network map
4. removed modem setting button in AP mode
5. Fixed IE related parental control issue.

Added:
1. Unmount all disks with 1-click

3G/4G dongles:
1. Support Huawei EC306

http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=RT-AC66U&p=11&s=2

i just updated and now the router is stuck (on the 5ghz band) at channel 36. nothing i do will change it. and i'm not getting full speed. im stuck at 206 mbps on my ac adapter and 144 on my notebook's adapter. i'm thinking of going back to .270 (i think thats the one i had, cant remember) anyone getting that issue?

Last edited:
just an update, went the the previous version (.372) which was newer than my .270 and it seems it resolved my issue, just wondering if any of you had the same problem as I

just an update, went the the previous version (.372) which was newer than my .270 and it seems it resolved my issue, just wondering if any of you had the same problem as I

Going from 270 to 374 is a fairly big jump, that includes a wireless driver upgrade. I would recommend trying with a factory default reset.

it didnt work but when i flashed .372 THEN flashed .374 it worked like it supposed to. i did a factory reset just to be sure but it works great, thanks, much appreciated.

Well there be a firmware update for the ac66R version does anybody know because I feel like my ac66R router on a 2.4ghz is choppy on wifi items such as iPhones and iPads

The scary part is this string in the log....

Build_for__asus_n66u_2011-10-27_U86_r187446_b122

The scary part is this string in the log....

Build_for__asus_n66u_2011-10-27_U86_r187446_b122

Read the line just before that... This is the NTFS driver, it's the same binary build used by N66, N16 and AC66U since they all use the same kernel.

Well there be a firmware update for the ac66R version does anybody know because I feel like my ac66R router on a 2.4ghz is choppy on wifi items such as iPhones and iPads

AC66U and AC66R are the exact same hardware and firmware.

AC66U and AC66R are the exact same hardware and firmware.

Not that RMerlin needs to have his statements verified, as most of us know to trust him implicitly, but I have the AC66R. Yesterday 374 wasn't showing up on Asus's web site yet for this model (it is today, though), so I downloaded and installed the firmware supposedly earmarked for the AC66U and I confirm that all is fine.

question for all of you: did anyone notice the 5ghz band "speed" drop after a little while being on? i.e. my computer would say 702 mbps then a little while later it would drop to 216 or so. and my laptop would be at 300mbps then be at 150. i'd have to reboot it to get the speed back. also, if there is a fix for this it would be great :) thanks

p.s. and it would be -50 db then go to ~-60 but when i reboot it goes back to -50

Last edited:
question for all of you: did anyone notice the 5ghz band "speed" drop after a little while being on? i.e. my computer would say 702 mbps then a little while later it would drop to 216 or so. and my laptop would be at 300mbps then be at 150. i'd have to reboot it to get the speed back. also, if there is a fix for this it would be great :) thanks

p.s. and it would be -50 db then go to ~-60 but when i reboot it goes back to -50

Don't rely on the link speed, it doesn't reflect reality as it will vary based on power management and other factors. Do an actual file transfer to compare the real throughput. Also use a fixed channel instead of leaving it on Auto.

yup, used inssider to check for best channel, as soon as it drops i'll check the transfer speed with both my laptop and desktop(ac adapter on the desktop)

Running for more then a day now with ipv6 dhcp-pd and hw acceleration enabled with no sudden reboots:)... so I think the reboot issue in this case is fixed... lets see if it runs stable another day also:)

Broadcom ACSD service

Does the new beta (or, indeed the released 372.31) disable the Broadcom ACSD service (security hole)?

Does the new beta (or, indeed the released 372.31) disable the Broadcom ACSD service (security hole)?

The changelog on ASUS's web site reads (with emphasis added):

Fixed:
1. Reduced the redundant packets when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN and opened web browser.
2. Fixed the traffic monitor related issues when used 3G/4G dongle as WAN,
4. removed modem setting button in AP mode
5. Fixed IE related parental control issue.
6. Disabled the Broadcom ACSD service to prevent buffer overflow vulnerabilities.

Added:
1. Unmount all disks with 1-click

3G/4G dongles:
1. Support Huawei EC306

I'm having signal issues with this firmware on my ASUS RT-AC66U. I started with the .270 firmware, had it on 354 before going back to .270, because of signal issues (5ghz and 2.4ghz). Now recently updated to 374 firmware. Did a clean NVRAM.

With factory settings the 2.4ghz had constant faillures. Changed bandwith to 20 mhz. Have it on a fixed channel and now it is working, but not as fast as before.

My 5ghz is on factory default settings, but not visible on my macbook pro.
Is router broken?

Running for more then a day now with ipv6 dhcp-pd and hw acceleration enabled with no sudden reboots:)... so I think the reboot issue in this case is fixed... lets see if it runs stable another day also:)

After 1,5 day the router restarted it self:/

Edit:
Going to test without hardware acceleration again to be sure that is stable.

Last edited:
Fixed:
1. ..
2. ..
4. ..
5. ..

This might be fixed when running in router mode, but in AP (I don't know if this is duplication thou) and media bridge mode I still see duplication on this version.

I'm talking about the same mac address xxxx:80:88. (My netgear repeater)

Ap: I got the same mac address xxxx:80:88 with 2 different ip addresses. Maybe this is not duplication.
Media bridge: I got the mac address xxxx:80:88 duplicated (3x) 2 times with the same ip address and 1 time with a new ip address.

After 1,5 day the router restarted it self:/

Edit:
Going to test without hardware acceleration again to be sure that is stable.

I had lots of restarts during the first day, but after I took a factory reset on the device it seemed more stable. But I'm still have devices that have a connection but suddenly doesn't seem to get their dns lookups through.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!