What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the difference between alpha1-g4fecf771de and alpha1-gea333a6048 because on the RT-AC5300 the
alpha1-gea333a6048 version installs where as the alpha1-g4fecf771de does not install?

what is the difference between alpha1-g4fecf771de and alpha1-gea333a6048 because on the RT-AC5300 the
alpha1-gea333a6048 version installs where as the alpha1-g4fecf771de does not install?

FYI I have it running on one of my RT-AC5300 routers

I upgraded to the refreshed alpha 1 build and everything went smoothly. No issues to report. Previous alpha was strong. Thank you for all your hard work, RMerlin.

I also updated both my RT-AX88u units to the latest alpha version, no problems here either... Everything went smooth.

However I noticed that with these last 3 alpha versions, clients speeds and connection times aren't reported anymore. The picture below shows that 2 clients have been connected to the AiMesh node, but the information is incomplete...

upload_2020-1-2_14-37-4.png

The android app doesn't show the speeds either...

Anyone else noticing this??

What is the best thing to do: Update the Aimesh node with the same Merlin firmware as the router or use the latest stock firmware??

Update: When I reboot the Aimesh node, link speeds and connection time are updated once. These values appear in the client list, after that these values don't change anymore.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-2_14-35-37.png
    upload_2020-1-2_14-35-37.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
I think it is the new @Jack Yaz playground of webpages.
Didn't install for me, but I haven't been able to flash anything since the first A1.

Off-topic: From your signature you have a 56U on .13? How?

Running 384.15_alpha1-g4fecf771de I still get this error logged. DDNS however seems to be working.
Code:
Jan  2 09:10:32 inadyn[1379]: Failed connecting to dynupdate.no-ip.com: Interrupted system call
Jan  2 09:11:09 crond[1008]: time disparity of 874625 minutes detected

I am probably blind this morning , but i cant find on Github from what branch this commit come from , (mainline, master,384.14_x) ?
RT-AC86U_384.15_alpha1-g4fecf771de_cferom_ubi.w

I am probably blind this morning , but i cant find on Github from what branch this commit come from , (mainline, master,384.14_x) ?
RT-AC86U_384.15_alpha1-g4fecf771de_cferom_ubi.w

RT-AX88U from rtax88 branch, everything else is always mainline.

I have a rt-ax88u and in the log apear this:
kernel: CFG80211-ERROR) wl_cfg80211_change_station : WLC_SCB_AUTHORIZE sta_flags_mask not set

Despite this, everything apparently works smoothly

With the new firmware update, continue the error entries, does anyone know what they are?

Finally found time to upgrade my AX88U to latest 384.15 Alpha - running like an oiled machine since then :)
Great job!

Local device names from the DHCP static list no longer work on my AC86u.

Example: I have a (fictitious) entry 192.168.1.21 for device "pi" and the router has domain name "home.lan"

Then I can't resolve/access "pi" or "pi.home.lan", but 192.168.1.21 is reachable...

Worked fine on 384.14, but I have a lot of weird DNS related issues... (getting close to nuclear reset)

Hi, just noticed at my rt-ax88u that frequencies are not being saved when setting them at health scanner disk units:

frequency.png

Due to all my DNS issues I decided to do a factory reset with 384.15 (alpha 1).

Quite early in the process I seem stuck:
  • /jffs is completely empty (no scripts, configs, nvram, etc. folders)
  • my perfectly valid Let's Encrypt SSL certifcates are not uploaded to the router (maybe because of the jffs issue?)

Did you enable JFFS custom scripts and configs in the GUI?

Another reboot seems to help; though it did remove my public SSH key from the router.

Just don't restore anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!