What's new

[384.15_Alpha - builds] Testing all variants.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dirty flash, I upgraded scripts (and AMTM) via ssh, then, removed SSD, flashed the 88U mesh node, rebooted it, flashed the 86U, rebooted it after it came up. Re-added the mesh node via the webui, and then reattached the SSD. NO issues. AMTM 3.1.0 FW is what shows up and no issues with any of the scripts working or being accessible via SSH. Thanks very much!

Look, I don't even know what SSH is. Is there anything here that is straight-up GUI, or is telnet required no matter what?

Look, I don't even know what SSH is. Is there anything here that is straight-up GUI, or is telnet required no matter what?

I see in your signature that you are running 384.15 Alpha 1 on your RT-AC88U.

Simply follow the link in my signature below to find the amtm Step-by-Step Guide to get script 'smart'! :)

Even easier? If you upgrade to the 384.15 Alpha 2 version, you can skip the part where you actually install amtm because its built-in to the firmware going forward. Everything else though is the same.

Use the guide; it's so easy even a non-tech like I can write it! :D:D:D

Once you begin, you'll never look back. Just like @thelonelycoder promised me and the rest of us so many years ago. ;)

I try alpha 2 on my RT-AC5300 and now radio Asus_5G-1 have no power and is unusable. The 2.4 Ghz and Asus_5G-2 are powerfull and look normal. I try factory reset and same problem.

I try downgrade to 384.14.2 and same problem too.

Someone have idea?

Thanks

I try alpha 2 on my RT-AC5300 and now radio Asus_5G-1 have no power and is unusable. The 2.4 Ghz and Asus_5G-2 are powerfull and look normal. I try factory reset and same problem.

I try downgrade to 384.14.2 and same problem too.

Someone have idea?

Thanks
Look at the post #364 (just above your post) and you will find a link in the footer of L&LD. The Nuclear reset and M&M config procedures are a true life saver in most cases where you encounter problems. (and certainly do not put your channels on Auto(!)).

With 384.15.xxx make sure that you (re-)enter a Host Name under LAN->LAN IP (!!!).

my JFFS is really broken, I don't know why...

Code:
/tmp/home/root# amtm
mkdir: can't create directory '/jffs/scripts': Read-only file system
mkdir: can't create directory '/jffs/addons/': Read-only file system

amtm failed to create the directory
 /jffs/addons/amtm
 Please investigate. Aborting amtm now.

@Sicario I think you may need to enable Enable Custom Scripts and configs in Administration, System Tab.

Or, you may want to flash to 384.15 Alpha 2 and it should be all ready to go. :)

You didn't post any specific testing you wanted done. Sorry if this was somehow incomplete.
I also did not say to remove the regular version before updating. Your post sounded like this is the way to go which I don't agree with.
Hence my post to not remove the regular version before the firmware upgrade.
No big deal.

I wanted magic pixie dust and sparkles raining down everywhere!
Magic also happens in your head. And you should see my sparkling eyes. That ought to do it for the sparkles :)

my JFFS is really broken, I don't know why...

Code:
/tmp/home/root# amtm
mkdir: can't create directory '/jffs/scripts': Read-only file system
mkdir: can't create directory '/jffs/addons/': Read-only file system

amtm failed to create the directory
 /jffs/addons/amtm
 Please investigate. Aborting amtm now.
I toyed with the idea to remove that check. Glad I left it in amtm. Let the router format the /jffs/ partition at next boot. Set it in the WebUI under Administration.

Self-compiled 384.15_a2 working well. AMTM working as expected.

Alpha2 working well on my AX88U.

Both my OpenVPN servers and client also working good

No issues to report at this time.

Thank you all.

@Sicario I think you may need to enable Enable Custom Scripts and configs in Administration, System Tab.

Or, you may want to flash to 384.15 Alpha 2 and it should be all ready to go. :)
I toyed with the idea to remove that check. Glad I left it in amtm. Let the router format the /jffs/ partition at next boot. Set it in the WebUI under Administration.

It's just my JFFS really broken, been trying to format but still can't make it work.

It's just my JFFS really broken, been trying to format but still can't make it work.
That's unfortunate. Time to replace the router but before that try some suggestions in other threads, search the forum.
Though it has been discussed ad nausea, the /jffs/ partition should not wear out as quickly as some users seem to pray all the time.
It does not, as it has been proven time and time again.
But things break or become faulty at some point, you may just happen to have that internal flash memory at odds in your router.

I have some issues with WPA2/WPA3 and old iOS devices that can't be updated to the latest iOS version. When the router is in WPA2/WPA3 mode the iOS 13.3 devices fail to connect. When I set the router to WPA2 only the older devices have no problem connecting. I was under the impression that WPA2/WPA3 is for older devices that don't support WPA3 only so they still can connect through WPA2. But I guess there are other underlying changes in the WPA2 implementation when selecting WPA2/WPA3. Does anyone know more about why those two authentication methods are not equal?

I have some issues with WPA2/WPA3 and old iOS devices that can't be updated to the latest iOS version. When the router is in WPA2/WPA3 mode the iOS 13.3 devices fail to connect. When I set the router to WPA2 only the older devices have no problem connecting. I was under the impression that WPA2/WPA3 is for older devices that don't support WPA3 only so they still can connect through WPA2. But I guess there are other underlying changes in the WPA2 implementation when selecting WPA2/WPA3. Does anyone know more about why those two authentication methods are not equal?

It’s called planned obsolescence.
That’s part of it, but standards change/improve and sometimes the older hardware isnt up to the task of running the firm/software while preserving user experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s called planned obsolescence.
That’s part of it, but standards change/improve and sometimes the older hardware isnt up to the task of running the firm/software while preserving user experience.

I solved this issue for now by creating a guest network that runs on WPA2 only. But still would like to know why WPA2 only is not equal to WPA2 in WPA2/WPA3?

That’s a workaround.
I don’t know- someone much more knowledgeable will have to see this and step up to explain.

I have no answer to your question but perhaps this might solve your situation:
If you have not done so already, it is strongly advisable to do a "Reset Network Settings" on Apple devices after you load a new firmware on your router. After that connect your devices to the router. The authentication to the WiFi is then completely on par again with your router(s). The initial authentication may take a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online