What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Yes: AiCloud content streaming port: 8082
s.1491502231.jpg

No. How to check?
Does not matter really, I am going to disable this check for the time being until I find a better way to find out if that particular feature works on the router.
Won't take long, I'll update the the script as soon as I'm done.

I have disabled the port 80 test, for those seeing the error below.
Also, a minor error has been corrected that would fail to correct the path to the email.cfg file in the firmware notification script /jffs/scripts/update-notification when the device name changes.
This can happen if no label is given to the USB device.

Please, run 1233 in AB-Solution to update, there's no version number change.
This re-downloads the main and all addon scripts, fixing the error during install.

This fixes this port 80 error, seen by some users:
Code:
Error: Your router's firmware (XXX.XX) is too
old and not capable to run pixelserv-tls.
Upgrade your routers firmware first.

And the new update times are in use, good to see!
I noticed them too! With earlier version(s) the update hours selection was rather limited indeed. So this is good! However, at first I always try to go and change the hours from router stats (rs) menu. And only then remember that the hours can only be changed from blocking file (b) menu because the weekly router stats "email service" and blocking file update hours are entwined. No problemo anyway. :)

I noticed them too! With earlier version(s) the update hours selection was rather limited indeed. So this is good! However, at first I always try to go and change the hours from router stats (rs) menu. And only then remember that the hours can only be changed from blocking file (b) menu because the weekly router stats "email service" and blocking file update hours are entwined. No problemo anyway. :)
The update hour was first, then the stats function was intrduced. Since the stats compiling is dependent on the log files being as recent (and large) as possible, the time to run them was set to half an hour before the update runs.

Running the update during the night has the advantage that the router is less busy, in most cases. Updating and running the stats for a heavily used router taxes the routers memory and processor(s).
But users want to have a choice, so I added 8, 10 and 12 to the available update hours.

Steps:
1) updated AB-Solution
2) setted AiCloud port to 9443 (instead 433)
3) setted "IP Pool Starting Address" to 192.168.1.3 (instead 192.168.1.2)
4) ps (install pixelserv-tls) ... result:
5) [: 0: unknown operand

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I have disabled the port 80 test, for those seeing the error below.
Also, a minor error has been corrected that would fail to correct the path to the email.cfg file in the firmware notification script /jffs/scripts/update-notification when the device name changes.
This can happen if no label is given to the USB device.

Please, run 1233 in AB-Solution to update, there's no version number change.
This re-downloads the main and all addon scripts, fixing the error during install.

This fixes this port 80 error, seen by some users:
Code:
Error: Your router's firmware (XXX.XX) is too
old and not capable to run pixelserv-tls.
Upgrade your routers firmware first.
After running 1233 to update, I ran (ps) and everything worked great. Thanks a lot for your work!

A question:
instead to change AiCloud Web access port from 443 (default) to 9443, is it not better to assign that port (9443) to pixelserv-tls?
This even for a security reasons?

A question:
instead to change AiCloud Web access port from 443 (default) to 9443, is it not better to assign that port (9443) to pixelserv-tls?
This even for a security reasons?
What security reasons? It's a port number. Just like any other port on your router.
AB uses the default ports pixelserv-tls uses. If I were to use another port, someone else would complain about that.
Changing the AiCloud port is much simpler.

However, you are free to run it on any port you may choose, the ps option 3 lets you set them.

First, the script works very fine.

I have the following message, see picture, how can i fix this?

Attachments

• abs.JPG
    abs.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 681
First, the script works very fine.

I have the following message, see picture, how can i fix this?
- Are those the only errors you get?
- Does the file /mnt/USB/adblocking/blacklist.txt exist, if so delete it with
rm -f /mnt/USB/adblocking/blacklist.txt

You may have a device with read/writing errors, check device.

Am I the only one who has issues with pixelserv and the Amazon app on android? I whitelist, it works for awhile, I whitelist some more...If I don't have pixelserv turned on the app works flawlessly.

I see it's been updated, I'm going to try a fresh install.

Am I the only one who has issues with pixelserv and the Amazon app on android? I whitelist, it works for awhile, I whitelist some more...If I don't have pixelserv turned on the app works flawlessly.

I see it's been updated, I'm going to try a fresh install.
No need to do a fresh install, just update.
Then use the new option 4 in f. See if that helps your whitelisting.

Upgraded to 3.8 for both home routers and working well. Thumbs up to the extended sanity check with rc - check router config for newbies like me.

Upgraded to 3.8 for both home routers and working well. Thumbs up to the extended sanity check with rc - check router config for newbies like me.
Glad your router is mentally healthy...
BTW, that check is not new, it was built in since AB 3.6.5.

ab-solution is blocking me from accessing icloud.com

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID this is the error I get in chrome. I've already whiteliste icloud.com but that didn't help. How can this be fixed?

ab-solution is blocking me from accessing icloud.com

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID this is the error I get in chrome. I've already whiteliste icloud.com but that didn't help. How can this be fixed?
Add www.icloud.com to whitelist if not already added.

Status
Not open for further replies.