What's new

AC66U VPN connection problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kche3572

New Around Here
I brought a Asus AC66U a few days ago and flashed it with the latest Merlin firmware.
I setup the PPTP VPN as per instruction on the manual. I have no problem connecting to the VPN with PC but I can't connect the VPN with iPhone or mac OSX.
did anyone experience this before?

I played around with the VPN setting these few days and found out it is not about iOS or Mac OSX. As I mentioned before, I was able to connect the my VPN with a PC on another network. However, I was not able to connect to the VPN with my iPhone on 3G network. Today, I tried to connect the VPN with my iPhone connecting to a Wifi network at work an it worked.
So it is a matter of whether my devices are connected to a 3G network or a ADSL network.

Is there any setting on the VPN that allow me to connect via 3G network?

I played around with the VPN setting these few days and found out it is not about iOS or Mac OSX. As I mentioned before, I was able to connect the my VPN with a PC on another network. However, I was not able to connect to the VPN with my iPhone on 3G network. Today, I tried to connect the VPN with my iPhone connecting to a Wifi network at work an it worked.
So it is a matter of whether my devices are connected to a 3G network or a ADSL network.

Is there any setting on the VPN that allow me to connect via 3G network?

Your provider might be blocking PPTP traffic, in which case there is nothing you can do about.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online