What's new

AC87U 2.4GHz LED

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

basilisk

New Around Here
Hi All,

I have an ASUS AC87U and last week moved from stock firmware to the latest Asuswrt-Merlin firmware (380.68_2). So far all is working great and I really appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

Of course I have a little problem that I thought I would share. When I turn off the wifi using the button on the front of the router both wifi leds turn off as expected but after a little while (a matter of seconds) the 2.4GHz led (only) turns back on again. I confirmed that the wifi is off but the led is on.

It's not a big deal but it's a little weird. Is this known behaviour or have I done something wrong?

Thanks

Hi All,

I have an ASUS AC87U and last week moved from stock firmware to the latest Asuswrt-Merlin firmware (380.68_2). So far all is working great and I really appreciate all the work that has gone into it.

Of course I have a little problem that I thought I would share. When I turn off the wifi using the button on the front of the router both wifi leds turn off as expected but after a little while (a matter of seconds) the 2.4GHz led (only) turns back on again. I confirmed that the wifi is off but the led is on.

It's not a big deal but it's a little weird. Is this known behaviour or have I done something wrong?

Thanks
My 87U does this too sometimes. Repeatedly pressing the button always fixes it, pause about 5 secs in between pressing.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online