What's new

Advice for Gamer

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have been testing the speed on my hardwired ps4 and comparing them between the routers. I just tuned off Qos and tried testing it again and it still will not break 300. The Qos is important for gaming correct? It would not be better to take the Nighthawk back and use the Quantum instead right?

You really don't need QOS. I game with no QOS and 40 devices on my network with no issues. Not sure man. I only have a 200Mbps down and my R7800 gives me about 240Mbps down hard wired. Do you have another router you can test?

You really don't need QOS. I game with no QOS and 40 devices on my network with no issues. Not sure man. I only have a 200Mbps down and my R7800 gives me about 240Mbps down hard wired. Do you have another router you can test?

Yea I have the Verizon Quantum router that came with my gigabit service. I bought the Nighthawk because I read a lot that Qos was important to receive low latency on your console for FPS games. I'm confused at the fact that the Nighthawk is now pulling high 850+ download speeds on my desktop but only 120 download on my Ps4. Where the Quantum router was pulling 500+ on my Ps4. At this point should I just take the Nighthawk back and use the Quantum?

Yea I have the Verizon Quantum router that came with my gigabit service. I bought the Nighthawk because I read a lot that Qos was important to receive low latency on your console for FPS games. I'm confused at the fact that the Nighthawk is now pulling high 850+ download speeds on my desktop but only 120 download on my Ps4. Where the Quantum router was pulling 500+ on my Ps4. At this point should I just take the Nighthawk back and use the Quantum?
If you're happy with the ISP router go with it. Return the R7800 if you wish. I'm using the eero pro Gen 2 right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

If you're happy with the ISP router go with it. Return the R7800 if you wish. I'm using the eero pro Gen 2 right now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Yea i might.. Just doesn't make sense why my PS4 can't consistently pull 300-400+ when i have gigabit

Yea i might.. Just doesn't make sense why my PS4 can't consistently pull 300-400+ when i have gigabit

Yeah dude I'm stumped makes no sense. The R7800 gigabit ports should be able to handle a 1GB download speed.