What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 myusername    root         89828 Mar 26 23:33 /opt/bin/pixelserv-tls

@thelonelycoder

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 myusername    root         89828 Mar 26 23:33 /opt/bin/pixelserv-tls

@thelonelycoder
Yeah, that's not a supported way of beta installation in amtm, never was.
If you'd installed it the kvic's way or through amtm you'd see the linked beta path:
Code:
lrwxrwxrwx 1 myusername root 51 Apr 22 09:38 /opt/bin/pixelserv-tls -> /opt/tmp/pixelserv-tls-beta/dist/pixelserv-tls-beta

I've pushed yet another amtm update and still no version change
- Covering more missing case(s) for automatic swap file error correction when opening amtm
- Supporting "antics" such as @cmkelley 's case. And maybe more. ;)

Use u to update amtm.

Diversion will be updated if all goes well with the changes in amtm.

That's only halve of what I proposed to use, but Adamm disagreed because of backwards compatibility.
Yours would not mount if not found on the "usbssd" mount.
I proposed this line in post-mount, which would always work if the file is found:
Code:
[ "$(find $1/myswap.swp 2> /dev/null)" ] && swapon "$1"/myswap.swp
But again, this would not work with the current tests.
I'll get yours to work, you just wait.
Right, I wrote mine for the specific case of my router, so it needs my mount point. I did that pre-scribe, I would have done it differently today (and I still might). I did not mean for that to be code that was usable in the general case, just showing what I had done (and that I wasn't indenting that block).
You can indent your code just fine. Look at my /opt/share/diversion/file/post-conf.div which is sourced in dnsmasq.postconf. It does a LOT when restarting Dnsmasq ;).
I do indent my code in general, it was just that bit I couldn't, which I see you caught in a later message. scribe is very much indented.

Right, I wrote mine for the specific case of my router, so it needs my mount point.
How's amtm treating your swap file entry now? All good?

Code:
 Swap file found at:
 /tmp/mnt/MY_LINUX/myswap.swp
/tmp/mnt/RECOVERY/myswap.swp

Delete the Swap file? [1=Yes e=Exit]
It'll work.
Hi thelonelycoder
I created a second swapfile in a differnt location other than on my primary USB stick. Not sure why I did this - it was not my intention at the time - so I have actually created 2 swap files 1GB and 2 GB - 3 in total. AMTM recognises both swap files - however when i try and delete one of them ( it cant recognise which one I wish to delete ) it actually deletes neither when executed. I guess this scenario is not captured by your recent changes to the script.

after execution i get this - i always seem to find ways to break a script!
Code:
No Swap file found at
 /tmp/mnt/MY_LINUX/myswap.swp
/tmp/mnt/RECOVERY/myswap.swp

Added missing swap file entry to
 /jffs/scripts/post-mount

Last edited:
What does that mean? Did you install pixelserv-tls trough amtm? If it does not show up as installed in amtm, then it's not a supported way of installing pixelserv-tls betas.

Installed through amtm, yes. Just typed in "ps" in amtm's "install scripts or tools" menu and selected the regular beta version ("dynamically linked beta version").

This is what I get from the line you requested (same as @underdose):

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 username root         72960 Mar 20 04:45 /opt/bin/pixelserv-tls

I tried installing it again (via amtm), and, apparently, the author has temporarily suspended the service (Apr 23, 2019 announcement). Edited with the full announcement in the spoiler tab.

(c) 2017, 2018, 2019 kvic (aka kvic-z@github)

https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/

PERMISSION IS GRANTED TO USE OR MODIFY THIS SCRIPT FREE OF CHARGE
AS LONG AS THE ABOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICE REMAINS INTACT.
NO WARRANTY IS PROVIDED. PLEASE DECIDE AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Apr 23, 2019 - Announcement

This script was created upon requests of a few SNBforum members to easily partic ipate in
the development cycles of pixelserv-tls. All the past cycles ran great. For exam ple, I
introduced forum members to

* realize pixelserv-tls
1) offering them a smoother, faster and cleaner browsing experience
2) having capabilities to inspect privacy breaches by all sorts of websites
3) quickly cherry picking hostnames to whitelist for broken websites, and
4) much more on adblock related techniques and know-how's
* memory optimization in OpenSSL that people will not realize they could benef it otherwise
* latest TLS 1.3 and some of its leading edge features, and
* using 'htop' for inspecting memory & cpu hogs

Thanks to all people who participated back then. It was fun and great times.

This script later has evolved into bringing latest pixelserv-tls to SNBforum mem bers without
waiting for the long update cycles of Entware. So this acts both as releases of beta versions
as well as final release versions of pixelserv-tls.

This script also brought people latest TLS 1.3 by supplying a statically linked version
during a time of doubt and uncertainty of the availability of OpenSSL 1.1.1 on O penWRT/Entware.
For people who enjoyed it, you should realize that's my extra time and work for you.

I don't foresee a major development cycle on the current pixelserv-tls in the co ming months due
to work and other hobbies. For new features and performance elevation that I've been pondering
for a long time, they will come in a brand new pixelserv-tls from scratch. No ti meline there
really. Hence, temporarily suspending this service.

For people who have installed through this script binaries regardless being call ed beta or final
releases, you can undo by:

1. opkg --force-reinstall install pixelserv-tls
2. rm -rf /opt/tmp/pixelserv-tls-beta

This will give you a clean install from Entware repository.

If you have absolute need for the original service, please contact me at
https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/ or https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv-tls/

This service may resume on a future time when I pick up major work on this proje ct. Until
then enjoy pixelserv-tls and preach the gospel by all means.

Cheers,
kvic

Press ctrl-c to go back or quit...

I then followed the suggestions listed:

For people who have installed through this script binaries regardless being call ed beta or final

#1 gives me this:

Code:
Removing package pixelserv-tls from root...
Installing pixelserv-tls (2.2.1-1) to root...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/pixelserv-tls_2.2.1-1_aarch64-3.10.ipk
Configuring pixelserv-tls.
Place ca.crt and ca.key to /opt/var/cache/pixelserv before starting HTTPS mode.
Start options can be adjusted via /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls.

See 'pixelserv-tls -h' for details

#2 gives me... nothing.

Not sure if the removal process worked, how can I tell?

Installed through amtm, yes. Just typed in "ps" in amtm's "install scripts or tools" menu and selected the regular beta version ("dynamically linked beta version").

This is what I get from the line you requested (same as @underdose):

Code:
-rwxr-xr-x    1 username root         72960 Mar 20 04:45 /opt/bin/pixelserv-tls

I tried installing it again (via amtm), and, apparently, the author has temporarily suspended the service (Apr 23, 2019 announcement). Edited with the full announcement in the spoiler tab.

(c) 2017, 2018, 2019 kvic (aka kvic-z@github)

https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/

PERMISSION IS GRANTED TO USE OR MODIFY THIS SCRIPT FREE OF CHARGE
AS LONG AS THE ABOVE COPYRIGHT NOTICE REMAINS INTACT.
NO WARRANTY IS PROVIDED. PLEASE DECIDE AND USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Apr 23, 2019 - Announcement

This script was created upon requests of a few SNBforum members to easily partic ipate in
the development cycles of pixelserv-tls. All the past cycles ran great. For exam ple, I
introduced forum members to

* realize pixelserv-tls
1) offering them a smoother, faster and cleaner browsing experience
2) having capabilities to inspect privacy breaches by all sorts of websites
3) quickly cherry picking hostnames to whitelist for broken websites, and
4) much more on adblock related techniques and know-how's
* memory optimization in OpenSSL that people will not realize they could benef it otherwise
* latest TLS 1.3 and some of its leading edge features, and
* using 'htop' for inspecting memory & cpu hogs

Thanks to all people who participated back then. It was fun and great times.

This script later has evolved into bringing latest pixelserv-tls to SNBforum mem bers without
waiting for the long update cycles of Entware. So this acts both as releases of beta versions
as well as final release versions of pixelserv-tls.

This script also brought people latest TLS 1.3 by supplying a statically linked version
during a time of doubt and uncertainty of the availability of OpenSSL 1.1.1 on O penWRT/Entware.
For people who enjoyed it, you should realize that's my extra time and work for you.

I don't foresee a major development cycle on the current pixelserv-tls in the co ming months due
to work and other hobbies. For new features and performance elevation that I've been pondering
for a long time, they will come in a brand new pixelserv-tls from scratch. No ti meline there
really. Hence, temporarily suspending this service.

This will give you a clean install from Entware repository.

If you have absolute need for the original service, please contact me at
https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/ or https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv-tls/

This service may resume on a future time when I pick up major work on this proje ct. Until
then enjoy pixelserv-tls and preach the gospel by all means.

Cheers,
kvic

Press ctrl-c to go back or quit...

I then followed the suggestions listed:

#1 gives me this:

Code:
Removing package pixelserv-tls from root...
Installing pixelserv-tls (2.2.1-1) to root...
Downloading http://bin.entware.net/aarch64-k3.10/pixelserv-tls_2.2.1-1_aarch64-3.10.ipk
Configuring pixelserv-tls.
Place ca.crt and ca.key to /opt/var/cache/pixelserv before starting HTTPS mode.
Start options can be adjusted via /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls.

See 'pixelserv-tls -h' for details

#2 gives me... nothing.

Not sure if the removal process worked, how can I tell?
You never had a beta version. Nothing to remove in step 2.

You never had a beta version. Nothing to remove in step 2.
Regardless of whether beta had been installed, I believe that the rm command would never have any output unless you add the -v (i.e., verbose) option.

Regardless of whether beta had been installed, I believe that the rm command would never have any output unless you add the -v (i.e., verbose) option.
Also true.

I'm good to go, then? No further instructions necessary?

Also, I'm amazed at how fast web browsing on mobile has become since installing the scripts. The content blockers I used to have running (1 Blocker X and Firefox Focus) did an okay job blocking ads and whatnot, but never provided a significant speed boost.

Now that everything's being blocked at the router level, my experience is so much faster and smoother. Thanks again for all of your help and work, @thelonelycoder, @L&LD and others.

I'm good to go, then? No further instructions necessary?

Also, I'm amazed at how fast web browsing on mobile has become since installing the scripts. The content blockers I used to have running (1 Blocker X and Firefox Focus) did an okay job blocking ads and whatnot, but never provided a significant speed boost.

Now that everything's being blocked at the router level, my experience is so much faster and smoother. Thanks again for all of your help and work, @thelonelycoder, @L&LD and others.

I agree, however, when I use my mobile devices 'off my home network' I find that I need the contect blockers. I can't be bothered to enable/disable them each time I leave/return home.

I forgot to ask about something. My mom plays a lot of free-to-play games on her iPad, and has complained about those apps "taking a long time to load" since I installed the scripts.

I haven't had time to check what she means by that myself, but I assume it's because those apps are ad-based and the scripts may be interfering on how they work.

Is it possible to block those kinds of ads entirely, or do I need to whitelist her device - and if so, how?

I agree, however, when I use my mobile devices 'off my home network' I find that I need the contect blockers. I can't be bothered to enable/disable them each time I leave/return home.

Good point, I had forgotten about other networks. Which content blockers do you use? Also, are you still using extensions/add-ons on your PC browser?

EDTQ2R5.png
With dc I only have option to remove Disk check script. No way to open Disk check options like in the capture of yours? Why is that?

My options are:
Code:
 dc remove   Disk check script   dcl show log

And you wrote:

- New Disk check script thanks to @ColinTaylor . It now uses a more reliable filesystem type detection by the router.
This requires firmware version 384.11 or V39E1 (John's LTS fork) or higher to work.
A fall-back to the previous disk check is built in for routers not supporting it.

From the contents of my amtm-disk-check.log I can see that the new disk check script is not used because of firmware ( RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.10)? Do I have to update fw to 384.11 alpha to get the new script in action?

Code:
 Sat May  5 08:05:29 DST 2018 Firmware does not support filesystem type parameter, probing Linux on                                        device /dev/sdc1.
 Tue Apr 23 21:03:12 DST 2019 Running disk check (v2.2) 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sdc1
 DT_1: clean, 53/474208 files, 1464417/1893320 blocks
 ---------------------------------------------------
 END FILE

Delete log file now? [1=Yes e=Exit]

With dc I only have option to remove Disk check script. No way to open Disk check options like in the capture of yours? Why is that?

My options are:
Code:
 dc remove   Disk check script   dcl show log

And you wrote:

From the contents of my amtm-disk-check.log I can see that the new disk check script is not used because of firmware ( RT-AC68U (armv7l) FW-384.10)? Do I have to update fw to 384.11 alpha to get the new script in action?

Code:
 Sat May  5 08:05:29 DST 2018 Firmware does not support filesystem type parameter, probing Linux on                                        device /dev/sdc1.
 Tue Apr 23 21:03:12 DST 2019 Running disk check (v2.2) 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sdc1
 DT_1: clean, 53/474208 files, 1464417/1893320 blocks
 ---------------------------------------------------
 END FILE

Delete log file now? [1=Yes e=Exit]

Yes, just like the quote you included in your post shows, firmware version 384.11 or higher is required.

Did you reboot the router and see if the dcl option shows then?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!