What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

When I type "su" to check for script updates, it says that "script updates are available" and "-> min upd" shows up next to Diversion, even though it's at version 4.0.9.

How can I manually update it? I didn't find any option other than "update ads counter" in its menu (I assume that "auto-update" is also related to the ads counter?).

By the way, this information shows up underneath the list of installed scripts and above "update Entware":

Code:
grep: /jffs/scripts/services-start: No such file or directory

What does that mean?

Open diversion and type u and enter

Reactions: EeK
amtm 2.1 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.1
- Checks for jffs partition before installing amtm
- fd format disk now has better way of device detection by using the same name the WebUI shows. Devices with no partition(s) are now also shown and can be formatted. Credit goes to @ColinTaylor .
- fd now stops file serving services such as Samba and FTP during formatting. This also solves most, if not all of the "Filesystem(s) did not unmount" errors. Credit goes to @ColinTaylor for figuring that out!
- su script updates / installed scripts: Unified code where possible to reuse code-block
- ps pixelserv-tls beta install option removed due to @kvic suspending the service until further notice. Menu is still shown if supported beta version is installed, with the option to remove the beta and install the latest Entware release version.
- Now supports these scripts by @Jack Yaz :
  • YazFi
  • connmon (new)
  • ntpMerlin
  • scMerlin (new)
  • spdMerlin (new)

Use u to update amtm
Ironically, amtm fails to notify you of an available update for ..... amtm! :)

(or it was there and I didn't see it)

Ironically, amtm fails to notify you of an available update for ..... amtm! :)

(or it was there and I didn't see it)
u checks for amtm updates exclusively, while su checks for installed third party script updates exclusively.

u checks for amtm updates exclusively, while su checks for installed third party script updates exclusively.
But I'm incredibly lazy!!! I just want to hit su and know everything that needs updating!!! In my perfect world, su wouldn't update amtm, it would just tell you that an update was available.

Diversion requires Entware. Why not use ps to remove the beta? It does it all in one go.
Many thanks; will do. I was a bit confused: I thought it was possible to cause problems by installing the pixelserv-tls version in Entware when one is running Diversion, which has its own, possibly different, version of picelserv-tls.

I removed pixelserv-tls beta and tried to install the entware version, but now i get
Collected errors:
* opkg_download_pkg: Package pixelserv-tls is not available from any configured src.

upgrading entware packages doesn't help either

It seems the 'ps' option tries to install the old entware version in my case:

Installing pixelserv-tls (V35.HZ12.Kk-1) to root...

which failes.
Running 'opkg list pixel*' shows two pixelserv-tls packages (the old and the new one);

pixelserv-tls - 2.2.1-1 - pixelserv-tls is a tiny bespoke webserver for adblock
with HTTP/1.1 and HTTPS support
pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Kk-1

Running 'opkg install pixelserv-tls' always tries to install the old version.
Any ideas on howto remove the old package listing? It's no longer part of entware is it? Don't understand why it still shows up o_O

so I fixed it reading your opened issue for entware on github: https://github.com/Entware/Entware-ng/issues/850 (zyxmon's comment)

Probably opkg considers these are different packages. Thу dirty solution is -

1. open /opt/lib/opkg/status file on the router with the text editor and delete "section" with pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Kk-1
  2. install with opkg install pixelserv-tls command
all good now :)

so I fixed it reading your opened issue for entware on github: https://github.com/Entware/Entware-ng/issues/850 (zyxmon's comment)

Probably opkg considers these are different packages. Thу dirty solution is -

1. open /opt/lib/opkg/status file on the router with the text editor and delete "section" with pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Kk-1
  2. install with opkg install pixelserv-tls command
all good now :)

Not sure if your snag is the same as mine; I used ps to remove pixelserv-tls beta and install pixelserv-tls, but pixelserv-tls won’t start.

syslog says:

Apr 29 16:58:38 Diversion: created br0:pixelserv-tls 192.168.10.2, from /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls

Apr 29 16:58:38 Entware (armv7sf-k2.6): Failed to start pixelserv-tls (Diversion) from /opt/bin/diversion

So I tried uninstalling Diversion (choosing the option to leave Entware intact) and then reinstalling Diversion. It didn’t help.

I could try again, this time choosing the option to remove Entware, but it’s time to pause and reflect before I make things worse.

Any recommendations? And if I have run into the same snag as you, is there an alternative to your “dirty” method: I’m not too keen on editing the status file: I’m away from home right now and using OpenVPN server to access the router and I don’t want to cock things up more than I have done already!

By the way, this information shows up underneath the list of installed scripts and above "update Entware":

Code:
grep: /jffs/scripts/services-start: No such file or directory
What does that mean?
You have one of these installed but not properly as the /jffs/scripts/services-start file is missing and should have been created during the install.
- /jffs/scripts/connmon
- /jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin
- /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin
Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If the issue persists, ask the script maintainer for help.

It seems the 'ps' option tries to install the old entware version in my case:

Installing pixelserv-tls (V35.HZ12.Kk-1) to root...

which failes.
Running 'opkg list pixel*' shows two pixelserv-tls packages (the old and the new one);

pixelserv-tls - 2.2.1-1 - pixelserv-tls is a tiny bespoke webserver for adblock
with HTTP/1.1 and HTTPS support
pixelserv-tls - V35.HZ12.Kk-1

Running 'opkg install pixelserv-tls' always tries to install the old version.
Any ideas on howto remove the old package listing? It's no longer part of entware is it? Don't understand why it still shows up o_O
What router and firmware version are you using? If it's a MIPSEL based router you will have the option to use parallel use of Entware-backports repo in "6. Manage Entware packages" in ep.
Your Entware version might be very dated. A fresh install of Diversion including Entware would solve that best.

What router and firmware version are you using? If it's a MIPSEL based router you will have the option to use parallel use of Entware-backports repo in "6. Manage Entware packages" in ep.
Your Entware version might be very dated. A fresh install of Diversion including Entware would solve that best.

I don't think that's the issue.
I'm running FW 384.10_2 on a RT-AC87U (ARMv7) . This is the entware version shown in Diversion:

Entware version: Entware (armv7sf-k2.6)
Installed from: bin.entware.net

That seems to be the correct package for my router. I also regularly update & upgrade the installed entware packages.
When entware-ng and entware-3x merged last year I manually ran opgk update en opkg upgrade to make sure I was on the right repo. All other installed packages also show the correct version as found in http://bin.entware.net/armv7sf-k2.6/Packages.html

It must have been some kind of leftover from running the old entware version number (K numbering), switching to the beta version afterwards and then reverting back to the entware version (2.x.x numbering).

Not sure if your snag is the same as mine; I used ps to remove pixelserv-tls beta and install pixelserv-tls, but pixelserv-tls won’t start.

syslog says:

Apr 29 16:58:38 Diversion: created br0:pixelserv-tls 192.168.10.2, from /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls

Apr 29 16:58:38 Entware (armv7sf-k2.6): Failed to start pixelserv-tls (Diversion) from /opt/bin/diversion

So I tried uninstalling Diversion (choosing the option to leave Entware intact) and then reinstalling Diversion. It didn’t help.

I could try again, this time choosing the option to remove Entware, but it’s time to pause and reflect before I make things worse.

Any recommendations? And if I have run into the same snag as you, is there an alternative to your “dirty” method: I’m not too keen on editing the status file: I’m away from home right now and using OpenVPN server to access the router and I don’t want to cock things up more than I have done already!

Yeah could be the same problem. I also use armv7 based entware for kernel 2.6.
I didn't check the syslog at the time pixelserv-tls failed to install using the 'ps' option in amtm but I tried to reïnstall it in Diversion using the 'ep' option and could see it was trying to install an old 'k version' (V35.HZ12.Kk-1). I then tried to manualy install it through opkg and saw the same error.
After digging around i found I had a double listing in the /opt/lib/opkg/status file. I suggest you check that aswell. If you have two entries for pixelserv-tls there you have the same problem as me.
Just remove all the lines containing the old pixelserv-tls version (V35.HZ12.Kk-1) with nano or vi. Save the file and run 'opkg install pixelserv-tls'. It should then install the correct 2.1.1 version.
It's not realy a 'dirty' method, you are actually cleaning the entware install and putting it back to a 'normal' state for pixelserv. I think zyxmon called it dirty because it requires some manual tingering with the status file but realy its quite a simple fix :)
The whole problem is still a leftover from the change in version naming Kvic introduced a year ago. My guess is the stats file got upgraded when entware-ng and entware-3x merged but clearly the old lines for pixelserv wernt removed for our entware package (armv7 - kernel 2.6.36 and higher).
Anyway, long story short: just edit the stats file, remove the lines containing the old pixelserv version, reinstall using opkg and you're good to go!

Yeah could be the same problem. I also use armv7 based entware for kernel 2.6.
I didn't check the syslog at the time pixelserv-tls failed to install using the 'ps' option in amtm but I tried to reïnstall it in Diversion using the 'ep' option and could see it was trying to install an old 'k version' (V35.HZ12.Kk-1). I then tried to manualy install it through opkg and saw the same error.
After digging around i found I had a double listing in the /opt/lib/opkg/status file. I suggest you check that aswell. If you have two entries for pixelserv-tls there you have the same problem as me.
Just remove all the lines containing the old pixelserv-tls version (V35.HZ12.Kk-1) with nano or vi. Save the file and run 'opkg install pixelserv-tls'. It should then install the correct 2.1.1 version.
It's not realy a 'dirty' method, you are actually cleaning the entware install and putting it back to a 'normal' state for pixelserv. I think zyxmon called it dirty because it requires some manual tingering with the status file but realy its quite a simple fix :)
The whole problem is still a leftover from the change in version naming Kvic introduced a year ago. My guess is the stats file got upgraded when entware-ng and entware-3x merged but clearly the old lines for pixelserv wernt removed for our entware package (armv7 - kernel 2.6.36 and higher).
Anyway, long story short: just edit the stats file, remove the lines containing the old pixelserv version, reinstall using opkg and you're good to go!
I did indeed have a dual entry in the status file, which I removed. So I now only have the entry for pixelserv-tls 2.2.1-1. I saved the status file and then checked that entry was gone. I then ran opkg install pixelserv-tls and got the message:

Package pixelserv-tls (2.2.1-1) installed in root is up to date

but again pixelserv-tls is not running. Syslog has the same error message:

Apr 29 16:58:38 Diversion: created br0 pixelserv-tls 192.168.10.2, from /opt/etc/init.d/S80pixelserv-tls

Again I tried a force reinstall of Diversion without succes.

I then took the bull by the horns, removed Diversion AND Entware, then reinstalled Diversion Standard and now all is well.

Many thanks for your guidance and help.

(Note: the network address 192.168.10.2 is correct for my network.)

Last edited:
Hi Lonelycoder
sometimes when running su - check script updates - I get the following
Code:
( 23 ) Failed writing body
between the j2 and j3 entries.
The script continues fine and if i run it again immediately after the occurrence - I no longer get this error.
Anyone else get this? Any idea what could cause this?

Hi Lonelycoder
sometimes when running su - check script updates - I get the following
Code:
( 23 ) Failed writing body
between the j2 and j3 entries.
The script continues fine and if i run it again immediately after the occurrence - I no longer get this error.
Anyone else get this? Any idea what could cause this?

Yes, I've seen it too. Seems to correspond to one of the Jack Yaz scripts running on their schedule. ;)

Yes, I've seen it too. Seems to correspond to one of the Jack Yaz scripts running on their schedule. ;)
That's curl being shut too early, from when I googled it. I normally see if around spdmerlin's scheduled times, so it's probably memory management in play

Open diversion and type u and enter

Well, that was easy. Thanks!

You have one of these installed but not properly as the /jffs/scripts/services-start file is missing and should have been created during the install.
- /jffs/scripts/connmon
- /jffs/scripts/ntpmerlin
- /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin
Try uninstalling and reinstalling. If the issue persists, ask the script maintainer for help.

Thanks for replying. Edit: Found out that I had installed spdmerlin, somehow. Uninstalled it for now.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!