What's new

amtm amtm - the Asuswrt-Merlin Terminal Menu

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BIG thanks for all your efforts in creating this handy tool. It made the job a lot easier when installing common scripts. I am running merlin 384.8_2 on my rt-ac68u. I have no problem what-so-ever getting this installed. I have a 32gb flash drive connected to usb3 port but with usb mode set to usb2. I followed L&LD instructions to install amtm without a single issue.

I just have a few questions:

-While checking the disk checker log file it shows the following:

Sat May 4 22:13:36 DST 2019 Firmware does not support filesystem type paramete
Sat May 4 22:13:36 DST 2019 Running disk check (v2.2) 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
misc: recovering journal
misc: clean, 384/1916928 files, 693782/7667708 blocks

Sun May 5 15:18:15 DST 2019 Firmware does not support filesystem type paramete
Sun May 5 15:18:15 DST 2019 Running disk check (v2.2) 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
misc: clean, 384/1916928 files, 694143/7667708 blocks

Is there anything I should worry about?

- Do you have any plans to add FreshJR script to the "install scripts or tools" menu?

BIG thanks for all your efforts in creating this handy tool. It made the job a lot easier when installing common scripts. I am running merlin 384.8_2 on my rt-ac68u. I have no problem what-so-ever getting this installed. I have a 32gb flash drive connected to usb3 port but with usb mode set to usb2. I followed L&LD instructions to install amtm without a single issue.

I just have a few questions:

-While checking the disk checker log file it shows the following:

Sat May 4 22:13:36 DST 2019 Firmware does not support filesystem type paramete
Sat May 4 22:13:36 DST 2019 Running disk check (v2.2) 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
misc: clean, 384/1916928 files, 693782/7667708 blocks

Sun May 5 15:18:15 DST 2019 Firmware does not support filesystem type paramete
Sun May 5 15:18:15 DST 2019 Running disk check (v2.2) 'e2fsck -p' on /dev/sda1
misc: clean, 384/1916928 files, 694143/7667708 blocks

Is there anything I should worry about?

- Do you have any plans to add FreshJR script to the "install scripts or tools" menu?
Read this about the disk check changes and the router firmware required.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...erlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-41#post-482891
About integrating FreshJR script.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...erlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-37#post-479688

Thanks a lot for the quick replay. So, since i'm running 384.8_2, by default I'll be using the previous disk check which is built in for routers not supporting it, is that correct? Also, is getting clean in the results after running the default DC, in my case the previous version, meaning that the disk is fine and passed the DC?

Thanks a lot for the quick replay. So, since i'm running 384.8_2, by default I'll be using the previous disk check which is built in for routers not supporting it, is that correct? Also, is getting clean in the results after running the default DC, in my case the previous version, meaning that the disk is fine and passed the DC?
Yes and yes

Noticed i've been getting a (23) failed writing body message when doing "SU" command. Anyone else? Shows between j2 and j3 script....

Noticed i've been getting a (23) failed writing body message when doing "SU" command. Anyone else? Shows between j2 and j3 script....

Yes, I think it is benign, something about closing the 'curl' command before it downloads the whole 'pipe'. :)

Yes, I think it is benign, something about closing the 'curl' command before it downloads the whole 'pipe'. :)
Thanks, Yea doesn't seem to break anything....just went into SCMerlin and ran "u" there and got same message so I assume its due to that script.

That should be fixed in the next amtm release. Nothing to worry about, the check works correctly, it's just curl's not happy about termimating the pipe or commection early.

Was the option to install Stubby from AMTM removed? I don't see it anymore. I had chosen to uninstall Stubby from within Stubby prior to updating to the latest .11 firmware but now I noticed I had better performance with Stubby compared to the built-in DNS privacy in the .11 firmware. As such, I would like to reinstall Stubby but the option in AMTM seems to have disappeared.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 12.41.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-11 at 12.41.22 PM.png
    73.2 KB · Views: 513
but now I noticed I had better performance with Stubby compared to the built-in DNS privacy in the .11 firmware.

Care to elaborate on your testing method?

Care to elaborate on your testing method?
I ran the test 3x.
My ISP speed is 50/5.
I disabled the OpenVPN Client.
I ran SpeedTest and got 30/1
I waited 2 minutes, and ran SpeedTest again, result was the same.
I turned off the built-in DNS Privacy in the router and waited 2 minutes
I ran SpeedTest again and got 48/4
I turned DNS Privacy on again and the SpeedTest results dropped to 30/1 again.

I know its weird and theoretically shouldn't affect the speed but for some reason it is. I didn't have this issue when running Stubby on my USB Drive.

I ran the test 3x.
My ISP speed is 50/5.
I disabled the OpenVPN Client.
I ran SpeedTest and got 30/1
I waited 2 minutes, and ran SpeedTest again, result was the same.
I turned off the built-in DNS Privacy in the router and waited 2 minutes
I ran SpeedTest again and got 48/4
I turned DNS Privacy on again and the SpeedTest results dropped to 30/1 again.

I know its weird and theoretically shouldn't affect the speed but for some reason it is. I didn't have this issue when running Stubby on my USB Drive.

DNS lookup's have no correlation to line speed. Your problem almost certainly is elsewhere in your configuration.

how do i get pixelserv working again? I got the following.

ep pixelserv-tls 192.168.1.254 (not running)

pixelserv-tls info:

Package: pixelserv-tls

Version: 2.2.1-1

Depends: libc, libssp, librt, libpthread, libopenssl, libpthread

Section: net

Architecture: armv7-2.6

Size: 25363

Filename: pixelserv-tls_2.2.1-1_armv7-2.6.ipk

Description: pixelserv-tls is a tiny bespoke webserver for adblock with HTTP/1.1 and HTTPS support

Installed-Time: 1557623317

restarting doesnt fix it.

how do i get pixelserv working again? I got the following.

ep pixelserv-tls 192.168.1.254 (not running)

pixelserv-tls info:

Package: pixelserv-tls

Version: 2.2.1-1

Depends: libc, libssp, librt, libpthread, libopenssl, libpthread

Section: net

Architecture: armv7-2.6

Size: 25363

Filename: pixelserv-tls_2.2.1-1_armv7-2.6.ipk

Description: pixelserv-tls is a tiny bespoke webserver for adblock with HTTP/1.1 and HTTPS support

Installed-Time: 1557623317

restarting doesnt fix it.

I had something similar after removing pixelsev-tls beta. Solution was to uninstall Diversion and then reinstall it. Can’t remember to confirm if I saw exactly what you printed, but some certainly seems familiar.

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...erlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-45#post-486057

Last edited:
amtm 2.2 is now available

What's new in amtm 2.2
- Bug fixes
- su (Check for script updates) now includes checking for amtm updates
- j5 is now supported by amtm. You guessed right, this is uiDivStats by @Jack Yaz.
- Gentle theme change when Diversion 4.1.0 is installed. All amtm installations will use the default built in standard theme until the next version of Diversion is released.

Use u to update amtm

Screenshot of amtm v2.2 with new theme 'reduced' selected in Diversion 4.1.0:

enfQw5v.png

Last edited:
That's quite an understatement... ;)

(so much red - instead of blue, in my case)
Yes, my poor eyesight needs the basic theme(s). I will hold off upgrading for now.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online