What's new

News Announcing the ROG Rapture GT-BE19000 Tri-Band WiFi 7 Gaming Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TheLostSwede

Very Senior Member
TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 3, 2024 — ASUS Republic of Gamers (ROG) today announced the ROG Rapture GT-BE19000 tri-band WiFi 7 gaming router at Computex 2024. This next-generation powerhouse is designed to dominate gaming and computing experiences with ultra-fast tri-band WiFi 7 speeds of up to 19 Gbps, innovative features like Automatic Frequency Coordination, and comprehensive wired and wireless network functions.

Next-gen WiFi power

The ASUS ROG Rapture GT-BE19000 router boasts ultra-fast wireless speeds of up to 19 Gbps, thanks to innovative WiFi 7 features like 320 MHz channels, 4096-QAM, and Multi-Link Operation. It is the world's first gaming router with Automatic Frequency Coordination. AFC automatically checks the WiFi environment and chooses the least congested channel in the 6 GHz band, boosting peak transmit power by up to 63 times higher than Low Power Indoor networking devices. The GT-BE19000 also provides up to 31 Gbps of wired capacity, including dual 10 Gb Ethernet and quad 2.5 Gb Ethernet ports, ensuring strong, stable connections for building a robust local network in the new era of AI.

Effortless game boosts with Gaming Network

Guest Network Pro is an ASUS-exclusive network segmentation technology. It empowers gamers to manage network features and connected devices easily by connecting to a dedicated SSID or VLAN. Guest Network Pro features a Kid's Network, IoT Network, VPN Network and Guest Network to meet most modern network needs. It also features IoT device setup and management, parental controls, and advanced VPN instant connection.
The Guest Network Pro technology in the GT-BE19000 also includes a Gaming Network setting tailored for next-gen experiences. The Gaming Network combines all gaming features into a single SSID, allowing gamers to get the best possible experience without needing to configure each device individually.
Users of the GT-BE19000 can also take advantage of Triple-Level Game Acceleration, a concept pioneered by ROG that prioritizes a game’s data packets, enhancing experiences from the gaming device to the router to the game server.

AiMesh made smarter with WiFi 7 and AI

ASUS is also announcing Multi-Link Operation support for its next-gen Smart AiMesh feature included in routers like the ASUS ROG Rapture GT-BE19000. Smart AiMesh provides AI-powered wireless backhaul and intelligently prioritizes high-demand packets to the faster band, helping to ensure buffer-free gaming and streaming experiences. Meanwhile, the ROG GT-BE19000 10 Gb Ethernet LAN port provides a dedicated wired backhaul option for an always-connected extendable mesh network.

Feature updates for the complete ASUS WiFi 7 lineup

Along with the ROG Rapture GT-BE19000, users can also enjoy Multi-Link Operation support and cutting-edge features, including Smart AiMesh and enhanced security features such as Guest Network Pro (or its lite version, Smart Home Master) on many ASUS and ROG WiFi 7 routers[ii], including the ROG Rapture GT-BE98 Pro, ROG Rapture GT-BE98, ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 Pro (BE30000), ASUS ZenWiFi BQ16 and ASUS RT-BE88U

1. Some advanced features may be limited by regional regulations or WiFi 7 functions. Please refer to the product specifications on each product's website.
  2. Guest Network Pro is supported on selected WiFi 6 or WiFi 6E models, including GT-AX11000 Pro, GT-AX6000, GT-AXE16000, RT-AX86U Pro, RT-AX88U Pro, ZenWiFi Pro ET12, ZenWIFI Pro XT12.

Source: https://press.asus.com/news/press-r...e-gt-be-19000-tri-band-wi-fi-7-gaming-router/
1717493838188.png

1717493859213.png

1717493865920.png

1717493873638.png

1717493918009.png

Last edited:
Nice looking design.

Lacks SFP (Prob wont matter as much in North America unless we move past 10G), but has dual 10G for switch routing to home panel.

Is it Windows 11 Ready? 🤣

Seriously, though, is 10Gbps ever needed to the house? If your house is a data center, I guess.

There will be an influx of US ISPs providing 10G copper solutions in the next couple years. DOCSIS 4.0 + XGS PON Migration.

DOCSIS 4.0 side will require swapping out the nodes, taps, and connectors for ones capable of 1.8ghz. Spectrum for example is currently migrating to high split in major cities. (Symmetrical up to 1G).

D3.1 can support up to 2G on current 1-1.2ghz freq If I'm not mistaken.

After CMTS upgrades, Tiered plans will follow assuming an area has been fully upgraded. I'd assume by 2028-2030 for more rural.

PON upgrades are easier.. just requires new ONT and changes at CO OLT. Existing fiber infrastructure can remain in tact, but there may be modifications for split ratio 1:32>1:64.

Last edited:
Seriously, though, is 10Gbps ever needed to the house? If your house is a data center, I guess.
I've been running 10 Gbps between my PC and NAS for a few years now, it makes a massive difference for file transfers, but I would agree that it's not that useful for most other things. However, it means that I can put my spinning rust in a NAS out of the way, so I don't have to have them in my PC, yet I can access them at full speed, just like if they were in my PC. People have different needs/wants.

👍

Right, and in the LAN can be useful, but the author of the post to which I was commenting on was referring to the Internet connection (I think), just to be sure.
Just commenting where US ISP's are heading on hardware end. Custom ONT/ONU's and D4.0 will be equipped with 10G Ethernet. Many fiber companies already have 8 gig speed tiers in most major cities.

Spectrum (ISP) for example will offer both DPoE 10G PON (Newer development) and D4.0 (Legacy Infrastructure) on the same DOCSIS network. Both are fiber to node.

Whether you need it or not is another question, but it's more of a nice to have at this point.

I'll agree that it's not exactly needed if you're sticking to the lowest speed tiers or don't want a 10G home connection for file transfer.

I'm pretty sure I don't even saturate 100mbps unless I'm downloading games or uploading.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!