What's new

Apple Wireless problems with Asus Routers?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Allygash

New Around Here
My setup: (500 Mbps)Fibre ONT bridged to Asus rt-ac68u(Router) with an Asus rt-n66u(another room) as an AP, both run latest Merlin builds. All are wired with cat6 cable. Used latest Merlin because i thought it was an issue with asus firmware, same problem. Zero problem with lan connections on PC's or anything hard wired to either router(eg my WDTV Live or Pioneer AV amp).

Problem: my ios devices show connected and i get very good d/l & u/l speeds on speedtest but when i use the browser on an iphone 4/5s or ipad air i get constant disconnections or safari/chrome cannot connect to the website.... My other mobile wireless devices, Samsung S4 nokia 920 various windows labtops etc all work normally. Is there a specific setting i need to use for ios devices?

I have an old seperate ADSL connection(old 2Wire wireless modem) in my house as well which works perfectly via wireless with the ios devices......

Thx in advance

Very similar to this thread http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1194399-issues-with-asus-wireless-routers-and-apple-devices/

I would reset your iOS device network settings. This does not delete your data.

Navigate to Settings > General > Reset
Select Reset Network Settings. Tap button twice to confirm.

Thx tried that already still disconnecting. Must be something Asus specific cause my crappy old 2wire wireless modem on an old ADSL line works perfectly, so its not the ipad or iphone...

you need to check in the Apple support forums
someone may have come into a similar situation
because we have a iPad Gen 1 and a iPod (gen 3) and they work fine on our RT-AC68U
Check to see if something is doing a proxy on port 80 on the phone