What's new

Asus Rog Rapture GT-AX6000. No rog version avalaible in last Merlin 3004.388.8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bmwjavier

New Around Here
Hi, In Merlin 3004.388.7 the rog version was available for my ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 but in the last version (3004.3888.8) I cant find a rog version. Is it for some reason?

Thanks,

Hi, In Merlin 3004.388.7 the rog version was available for my ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 but in the last version (3004.3888.8) I cant find a rog version. Is it for some reason?
This was addressed by RMerlin in posts #2 and #4 on the first page of the Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8 is now available thread:
Known issues:
  • No ROG versions of the release (was accidentally left disabled in the build process, should be re-included in the next release)
It was accidentally left disabled in my build script when I generated this release, so these images didn't get generated.

I don't really feel like going through the full rebuild + release process just to recreate all release archives with the missing images, so this release won't have ROG versions for the time being. Keep in mind that I initially mentionned that ROG releases were experimental and not fully supported, so they were never guaranteed to be alaways present or fully working. I am in fact dropping their support for the 3006 releases due to the amount of extra work involved in properly maintaining them.

If there is need for a 3004.388.8_2 point release at some point I will re-include them at that time.

Thank you for your answer. The truth is that it makes me sad that the rog version is not included. I guess if I directly update my Rog Rapture GT-AX6000 with the normal version 3004.388.8, it will work without problems, right?
Read through (or use the forum search feature to search through) that linked 388.8 discussion to see if there are any issues others have reported either with the GT-AX6000 router or with updating from ROG to non ROG firmware.

And to be honest, problems from GT-AX6000 may not be replicated. Some may encounter, some may not. It depends on how far the administrator had customized their build with other add-on available in this forum. For me, the FW from ROG to non-ROG didn't cause me much issue just have to forget about the fanciful look of the ROG UI.

And to be honest, problems from GT-AX6000 may not be replicated. Some may encounter, some may not. It depends on how far the administrator had customized their build with other add-on available in this forum. For me, the FW from ROG to non-ROG didn't cause me much issue just have to forget about the fanciful look of the ROG UI.
This is true for any router (whatever the FW). As a non-gamer the first thing I did was to replace the default ASUS FW with the Merlin one once satisfy with the stability of my GT-AX6000 router with its default (basic) configuration almost two years ago. So far I did not encounter any issues that I could not resolve (most of them were caused by inattention or brainfart from myself).