What's new

Asus Rog Rapture GT-AX6000. No rog version avalaible in last Merlin 3004.388.8

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bmwjavier

New Around Here
Hi, In Merlin 3004.388.7 the rog version was available for my ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 but in the last version (3004.3888.8) I cant find a rog version. Is it for some reason?

Thanks,

Hi, In Merlin 3004.388.7 the rog version was available for my ROG Rapture GT-AX6000 but in the last version (3004.3888.8) I cant find a rog version. Is it for some reason?
This was addressed by RMerlin in posts #2 and #4 on the first page of the Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8 is now available thread:
Known issues:
  • No ROG versions of the release (was accidentally left disabled in the build process, should be re-included in the next release)
It was accidentally left disabled in my build script when I generated this release, so these images didn't get generated.

I don't really feel like going through the full rebuild + release process just to recreate all release archives with the missing images, so this release won't have ROG versions for the time being. Keep in mind that I initially mentionned that ROG releases were experimental and not fully supported, so they were never guaranteed to be alaways present or fully working. I am in fact dropping their support for the 3006 releases due to the amount of extra work involved in properly maintaining them.

If there is need for a 3004.388.8_2 point release at some point I will re-include them at that time.

Thank you for your answer. The truth is that it makes me sad that the rog version is not included. I guess if I directly update my Rog Rapture GT-AX6000 with the normal version 3004.388.8, it will work without problems, right?
Read through (or use the forum search feature to search through) that linked 388.8 discussion to see if there are any issues others have reported either with the GT-AX6000 router or with updating from ROG to non ROG firmware.

And to be honest, problems from GT-AX6000 may not be replicated. Some may encounter, some may not. It depends on how far the administrator had customized their build with other add-on available in this forum. For me, the FW from ROG to non-ROG didn't cause me much issue just have to forget about the fanciful look of the ROG UI.

And to be honest, problems from GT-AX6000 may not be replicated. Some may encounter, some may not. It depends on how far the administrator had customized their build with other add-on available in this forum. For me, the FW from ROG to non-ROG didn't cause me much issue just have to forget about the fanciful look of the ROG UI.
This is true for any router (whatever the FW). As a non-gamer the first thing I did was to replace the default ASUS FW with the Merlin one once satisfy with the stability of my GT-AX6000 router with its default (basic) configuration almost two years ago. So far I did not encounter any issues that I could not resolve (most of them were caused by inattention or brainfart from myself).

Hi, I just wanted to ask a similar question if it's OK? Not sure if I should have asked here or in the 388.8_2 thread as it is specific to this router model. A member at an AU forum told me that support may be getting dropped from all ROG models in the future. If so, does that just mean the ROG version of the firmware is getting dropped and we'll still likely get the regular version to be able to be used on routers such as the GT-AX6000? I just wanted to ask as I don't want to buy the GT-AX6000 or any other ROG model if support is getting dropped all together for them.

Also, what is the actual difference between the ROG and non-ROG versions? Is it just the UI or other things too? Even though I don't have that specific model, I downloaded the firmware for the GT-AX6000 and see there's two versions inside.

Last edited:
If so, does that just mean the ROG version of the firmware is getting dropped and we'll still likely get the regular version to be able to be used on routers such as the GT-AX6000?

You get Asuswrt-Merlin support with regular blue RT style GUI.

If so, does that just mean the ROG version of the firmware is getting dropped and we'll still likely get the regular version to be able to be used on routers such as the GT-AX6000? I just wanted to ask as I don't want to buy the GT-AX6000 or any other ROG model if support is getting dropped all together for them.
Here is what Rmerlin has indicated about ROG UI support going forward in the 3006.x firmware.
I decided I will be dropping support for the ROG UI with 3006. Having seen that the ROG UI for the GT-98_PRO had issues, I didn't feel like debugging these on top of the rest of the UI work already required for the regular 3006 UI.
The standard non ROG UI firmware will continue to work on the GT-AX6000. It should be noted that RMerlin has indicated, in this post about the 388.2 ROG UI Asus-Merlin firmware; "I don't really test the ROG UI, so I can't guarantee that it's fully working."

While there may be a few settings that are specific to the ROG UI, it appears that primarily you are paying for the ROG UI interface and extra or different LED lights ROG branded routers may feature or support.

Thanks for the reply guys. Fair enough on his part. What he said makes complete sense. Too much work to stuff about trying to fix UI issues on top trying to do the regular UI. I don't have any issue whatsoever using the regular blue RT style UI if it works fine.

So using the regular UI might affect a setting or two in the ROG models if it's specific to that ROG UI, that setting may not be there with the regular UI?

Would you advise to just stay away from the ROG models if you want to run Asuswrt-Merlin?

fwiw, i've used both versions with his ...8_2 release. had one problem with the rog version that prevented the tools>sysinfo page from loading but it eventually got better after a reboot or few. i'm currently running the greyhound-bus ui as a matter of personal preference but the devil-in-a-red-dress rog version worked fine.

i'm relatively new to the gt-ax6000 but so far, it's a device i've come to appreciate in this size house. i was a bit confused because i read that there was no rog support but my download contained both versions.

Last edited:
Would you advise to just stay away from the ROG models if you want to run Asuswrt-Merlin?
IMHO, if the device is the one that suits your needs, just go for it. ROG UI exclusive features are just marketing bluf. Classis Merlin's interface is all you need. Once again, imho.
i was a bit confused because i read that there was no rog support but my download contained both versions.
The "support" you are talking about refers to have BOTH FW files, one for classic UI and other for ROG UI (altough the latter not being fully tested)
There IS support on actual 3.0.0.4 branch for both UI's, there WILL BE NOT on soon to be released brand new 3.0.0.6 branch.
On that new branch, the device WILL HAVE Merlin's firmware support, but just on classic UI version.

Yeah, cool, thanks guys. Thanks for the information about the GUIs.

As for the GUI itself, I'm more than happy with the regular UI if RMerlin support will still be there for those GT-AX/GT-BE ROG models currently listed.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!