What's new

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm liking the firmware update, but for some reason the router doesn't want to change channels away from interference?! I have one 5ghz channel clear, and the other has some random interference spike every 5 seconds or so, and ever other channel is free...It just stays put?!

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135 is available.

39,48 (MBytes) 2015.09.30 update.

Updated my previous firmware (3.0.04.378.7838, 2015.08.04 ) no issues so far.

Regards

Change log on Asus site:

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135
- Release Note -

Security Fixes
- Updated TrendMicro security engine.
- Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis Collado at Praetorian.
- Fixed Web server Accept-Language buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
- Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.

New Features
- Time scheduling, Web & App filter, Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu can show offline devices.
- Web history and traffic analyzer can show device name.

Modifications
- Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
- Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
- Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
- Show current control channel while value is auto.
- Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
- Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
- Adaptive QoS can now be enabled without assigned upload/ download bandwidth.

Fixes
- Fixed setup wizard IE11 compatibility issue.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.
- Fixed Traffic Analyzer GUI issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN connection status display error.​

Regards

Change log on Asus site:

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9135
- Release Note -

Security Fixes
- Updated TrendMicro security engine.
- Fixed CVE-2015-6949 buffer overflow issue, special thanks for Elvis Collado at Praetorian.
- Fixed Web server Accept-Language buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Fixed Web server URL handler buffer overflow, special thanks for Elvis Collado at DVLabs.
- Enhanced router login password and wireless password(WPA2) strength check method to against brute-force attack.
- Reject administrator to set too easy to guess login and wireless password to avoid brute-force attack.

New Features
- Time scheduling, Web & App filter, Wireless MAC filter client drop down menu can show offline devices.
- Web history and traffic analyzer can show device name.

Modifications
- Added Meo and Movistar ISP profile.
- Adjusted Guest network mac filter maximum client number to 16
- Allow paste password on login page to fulfil some password management softwares requirement.
- Show current control channel while value is auto.
- Bandwidth limiter can accept decimal point.
- Unnecessary to reboot router after set allow only spcified IP address to enter GUI.
- Adaptive QoS can now be enabled without assigned upload/ download bandwidth.

Fixes
- Fixed setup wizard IE11 compatibility issue.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.
- Fixed Traffic Analyzer GUI issue.
- Fixed OpenVPN connection status display error.​

The smart connect is a mess. It never be able to connect my FireTV with the default setting, not until I remove the "AC Only" from 5GHz-2 and use the PHY rate > 433Mbps yet it lost the effectively separated the AC from non-AC.

4 round firmware upgraded later, this is still an issue. Now with the 9135, it starts to loss "target band" setting after saving changes. Can Asus ever make their firmware straight and at a minimum test the damn thing before put it out for release.

I know Asus is a hardware company, but its firmware management is so pathetic only waiting for Google or Apple to wipe the market out?

The smart connect is a mess. It never be able to connect my FireTV with the default setting, not until I remove the "AC Only" from 5GHz-2 and use the PHY rate > 433Mbps yet it lost the effectively separated the AC from non-AC.

4 round firmware upgraded later, this is still an issue. Now with the 9135, it starts to loss "target band" setting after saving changes. Can Asus ever make their firmware straight and at a minimum test the damn thing before put it out for release.

I know Asus is a hardware company, but its firmware management is so pathetic only waiting for Google or Apple to wipe the market out?

Relatively speaking, it blew away everyone else when they first launched their dark knight. Everyone's basically copied that. If you find something better, let us know.

Regards

In my case 9135 resulted in a corrupted main GUI page (half page showing without any functionality) and then it ended up being a blank white page. Once I reverted to the previous version it started working again.

The biggest issue I have, and I wonder if it can ever be fixed via firmware updates, seems to be related with too many entries in my manually assigned DHCP entries. The list no longer appears and the same applies for the port forwarding. The settings are still there but I can no longer edit them. Asus support was useless and could only suggest a reset. Issue comes right back when configuring the router... I read in other threads that the limited NVRAM is the cause of this so I checked by SSHing into my router and using "nvram show" on the CLI. Looks like I am at 60kB out of 64kB... all my attempts to use less have failed so if anyone has suggestions on how to fix this I'd be very grateful.

In my case 9135 resulted in a corrupted main GUI page (half page showing without any functionality) and then it ended up being a blank white page. Once I reverted to the previous version it started working again.

The biggest issue I have, and I wonder if it can ever be fixed via firmware updates, seems to be related with too many entries in my manually assigned DHCP entries. The list no longer appears and the same applies for the port forwarding. The settings are still there but I can no longer edit them. Asus support was useless and could only suggest a reset. Issue comes right back when configuring the router... I read in other threads that the limited NVRAM is the cause of this so I checked by SSHing into my router and using "nvram show" on the CLI. Looks like I am at 60kB out of 64kB... all my attempts to use less have failed so if anyone has suggestions on how to fix this I'd be very grateful.

Same issue on Port Forwarding table entries disappearing, and even worse when the router reboots the port forwards actually disappear/stop working which happens about every 2 weeks for me, meaning I have to reconfigure all port forward rules again. Makes this expensive router pretty much useless to me. Unfortunately I think you are correct, given it is an NVRAM issue, this cannot be fixed, ASUS should do the right thing and refund our money, but thats not going to happen.

Same issue on Port Forwarding table entries disappearing, and even worse when the router reboots the port forwards actually disappear/stop working which happens about every 2 weeks for me, meaning I have to reconfigure all port forward rules again. Makes this expensive router pretty much useless to me. Unfortunately I think you are correct, given it is an NVRAM issue, this cannot be fixed, ASUS should do the right thing and refund our money, but thats not going to happen.

@Jwagner010 - I emailed Asus about the DHCP MAC Address list vanishing and the blank screen on the latest firmware and they acknowledged both bugs by saying they have started work on a new revision of the firmware that will address those bugs. Fingers crossed....

I am new to this router. Replaced a RT-N66 only because I gave to my daughter as she moved out recently. After buying this router, upgrading to the latest firmware, I just downgraded. The download throughput was terrible after 3 or 4 hours. Now on ver: 3.0.0.4.378_7838. Will see if this fixes things for me. Based on all I have read here, including my experience -- the latest version, i.e. xxx.xxx.9135 seems to be a real problem...... IMO.

This router has the best consumer firmware I have ever seen. There are many areas for usability and maybe feature improvement but the bulk of it is really great. For a long time I was using DD-WRT custom firmware until I got fed up with the never ending BETA periods. I used the Netgear R8000 for a year but it died on me which was good because it got me to change my router to the Asus RT-AC3200 which IMO is way better. The firmware is far superior! ...and yes, I did install DD-WRT for a short period on the R8000 but it cut my ISP speed from 950Mbps down to 300 or 400 Mbps max while stock allowed the max ISP speed. I am not sure I would dare put DD-WRT in place of Asus' firmware as it is pretty much all I really need.

I trust that Asus will fix the bugs we are running into as they said in an email to me but it may not hurt for others to email them reporting same or similar issues.

I am new to this router. Replaced a RT-N66 only because I gave to my daughter as she moved out recently. After buying this router, upgrading to the latest firmware, I just downgraded. The download throughput was terrible after 3 or 4 hours. Now on ver: 3.0.0.4.378_7838. Will see if this fixes things for me. Based on all I have read here, including my experience -- the latest version, i.e. xxx.xxx.9135 seems to be a real problem...... IMO.

Follow up. I have removed this router from my configuration and do not believe the firmware has anything to do with my download speed degradation. I am running down leads over from www.dslreports.com about ASUS using and how they implemented the driver(s) for the the QCA chip used for the switching LAN/WAN ports and how EEE is programed. I changed out the AC-3200 for another router and problems are solved, for now.

http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC3200/HelpDesk_Download/

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9459, 2015/12/29
Bug fixes
- Fixed PPPoE multicast bugs
- Fixed time scheduling warning page issues.
- Fixed Bandwidth limiter related bugs.
- Modified Bandwidth limiter strings in Czech
- Remove unnecessary message in system log when enabling tunneling
- Fixed OpenVPN server configuration file exporting bugs.
- Fixed UI issues when login with a smart phone browser.

ASUS RT-AC3200 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9383, 2015/12/29
- Release Notes –
- Added Movistar Triple VLAN profile in IPTV setting page
- Fixed too many repeat information in system log.
- Fixed Traffic analyzer issue UI issue when changing the data.
- Fixed Adaptive QoS bandwidth setting issue.
- Fixed low samba transfer throughput issue when enable bandwidth limiter.
- Fixed web history related issue.
- Fixed abnormal bandwidth increasing in bandwidth monitor.
- Fixed VPN client UI issue when using Firefox.
- Fixed wireless channel issue when set 2.4G channel in 12 or 13 (only for EU region)
- Fixed dual wan ping time watch dog issue which might cause .false fail over to secondary wan.
- Fixed Bandwidth monitor and Web history UI issue which was caused by "<" or ">" in SSID.

:)

Hmm, my router is using version 3.0.0.4.378_7838 and when I do the Firmware Update Check it says I'm using the latest available. Is that right?

Check for updates in router UI usually doesn't work. You must manually go to Asus support website.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I am on 3.0.0.4.378_7838 which is 2 versions behind. Can I install the latest, or do I have to install all the previous updates first?

And I believe I read here I have to do a certain process when upgrading, something like reseting to factory defaults? Am I remembering that correctly?

I am on 3.0.0.4.378_7838 which is 2 versions behind. Can I install the latest, or do I have to install all the previous updates first?

And I believe I read here I have to do a certain process when upgrading, something like reseting to factory defaults? Am I remembering that correctly?

I upgraded without resetting any settings and I have no problems at all. If I remember correctly some earlier version required a reset as per the patch notes.

edit: 3.0.0.4.378.9313 was my previous version. From your version xxx7838 I have upgraded to the next in line/newest as they became available - without issues.

Im still in lost. I want to buy but the option is AC87U (ac88u didnt available on my country) and ac3200 . my country didnt support low 5ghz channels. And i see so many people saying prob with this and ac87u router. And for note i use macbook too. And my router now having idk like it just drop connection with the wifi still connected .so what the best router of two for me to buy? Thx sorry for noob questions

Im still in lost. I want to buy but the option is AC87U (ac88u didnt available on my country) and ac3200 . my country didnt support low 5ghz channels. And i see so many people saying prob with this and ac87u router. And for note i use macbook too. And my router now having idk like it just drop connection with the wifi still connected .so what the best router of two for me to buy? Thx sorry for noob questions
As i see the quantina chip on ac87u makes prob. And here the smart thing too. Any fix for macbook? Thx

OK well I upgraded manually and everything seems to be ok...

To what fw? No drop? Smart thing working? Pls report thx

If you read up a couple posts you will see that I was concerned about jumping a couple versions. That is what I was referring to when I say 'everything seems to be ok'. To answer your questions I am on the latest now, 3.0.0.4.378_9459. 'No drop', not sure what you mean. I don't see any devices dropping the Wifi if thats what you mean. 'Smart thing'? If you mean Smart Connect I don't use it as I haven't yet learned how to set up the rules properly.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!