What's new

ASUS RT-AC66R Slows down when wireless devices connect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Firewater

New Around Here
Hey everyone,
First off, new to the forums and networking. As stated in the title I have an ASUS RT-AC66R with Merlin's firmware on it.

I have this problem where if multiple wireless devices are connected it pretty much will drag down the wired connections to almost a stand still. I've tested it multiple times with numerous wireless devices and it does it like 98% of the time. It doesn't take much either, it could be from just loading a website to playing a simple online game on one of their devices. As soon as they lock them or shut off a game or stop surfing the net the wired connection pretty much goes right back to normal.

This has gone on for quite awhile and we have just gotten used to it. Has anyone had anything similar to this happen to them? Any help or advice is greatly appreciated and I'd like to thank anyone who is willing to chime in before hand.
Thanks!

What firmware specifically? How many clients? Which bands?

More details always better than the bare question...

What firmware specifically? How many clients? Which bands?

More details always better than the bare question...

The firmware is 374.40.

The amount of clients can vary from 1-15 or so.

The router is on 5ghz
Wireless mode is set to auto
Channel bandwidth 20/40/80

Not sure if that's what your looking for, but I will provide what is needed

Thanks again