What's new

Asus Rt-ac66u B1

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrboonmee

Occasional Visitor
Is the Asus Rt-ac66u B1 a decent router to recommend to friends and family that want to ditch the thing that the cable company gave them?

the merlin software has worked well on my 86u.

Yes, it's the most frequently recommended model, due to its performance and price point.

ordered! arrives today. hopefully, a quick flash with Merlin works, I have always just flashed and never an issue. I think it's
s called a dirty flash?

ordered! arrives today. hopefully, a quick flash with Merlin works, I have always just flashed and never an issue. I think it's
s called a dirty flash?

Yes but to get a clean start with Merlin you should do a factory reset after doing the minimum setup required by the wizard before entering all the custom settings you want to add.

that is just holding the reset button for a bit? sorry, I looked for that info and not found.

Go to the Administration -> Restore/Save/Upload Settings tab, and do a Factory Default restore from that page.

Thank you, did the factory reset after putting the lastest Merlin software and the router works perfectly.