What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.4561 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fun fact: Immediately after submitting the previous post...the network died.
Case to Asus

Without more information no one will be able to help you.

For example;

Syslog
FW Version
Connected Device List
Bootloader Version
USB HDD format

etc etc

Reverting to 583 again... 4561 with new bootloader and reboot after 20h online... So the reboots issue is FW problem.

Gửi từ SM-N900 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Reverting to 583 again... 4561 with new bootloader and reboot after 20h online... So the reboots issue is FW problem.

If you don't mind going down the custom firmware route, version 374.40-alpha4 of my firmware has the security fixes but without the random crashes of 374_4422.

If you don't mind going down the custom firmware route, version 374.40-alpha4 of my firmware has the security fixes but without the random crashes of 374_4422.

Why dont you make custom fw of 4561?

Gửi từ SM-N900 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

Someone on this forum was overclocking their AC56U to 900,666 and the BogoMIPS they posted corresponded to a CPU clock rate of 1000MHz.

Have you been able to push your unit to 1400 and run the command for BogoMIPS? Perhaps the nvram rounds up the clock speeds that are not in the clock table to the next clock speed that is.

I'm just assuming here based on the other user running 900,666.

I have my AC56U set to 900/666...I tried setting it to 1000/666...and it would reboot by it self if I did heavy things like netflix or torrents. I put it back to 900/666 and it works fine.

At 900...the MIPS is 1998.84.... at 1000, it was higher (I don't remember exact value, forgot to make note of it.)

Last edited:
In my case its working at 1600mhz (cpu) and 800 (memory) and so far so good, i've made duzens of tests and not reboot/hang/others.

I've tried 2 other units and they were not even able to reach that speed.

Alpha 4 still going strong, 2days since the install on the 68u and no reboots (5 days on the 66u's)

Almost 3 days on alpha 4 on 68u. Had the reboot issue with 4165.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

In my case its working at 1600mhz (cpu) and 800 (memory) and so far so good, i've made duzens of tests and not reboot/hang/others.

I've tried 2 other units and they were not even able to reach that speed.

I've never heard of someone over clocking the CPU that high!!!:eek:

What's your CPU Temp running at?

finally got to telnet into my ac68r. My router was reboot almost every 7hours with 4561. Its now on 583 and uptime is more than 6 days 18hours. Here the details I got from telnet

bl_version 1.0.1.1
ARMv7 Processor rev 0 (v71)
processor 0
BogoMIPS 1599.07
processor 1
BogoMIPS 1595.80

Features : swp half thumb fastmult edsp
CPU Implementer : 0x41
CPU architecture : 7
CPU Variant : 0x03
CPU part : 0xc09
CPU revision : 0
Hardware : Northstar Prototype
Revision : 00000
Serial : 0000000000000000

nvram get clkfreq ->> 800,533

My router (RT-AC68U) reboots if I do anything bandwidth intensive with my iPhone. It'll stream movies do speedtests etc.. quite happily from any other wired or wireless device.

Do a speedtest on the iPhone, or try to stream (from iPlayer for example) and the router immediately reboots. Most odd.

I read through dd-wrt forums regarding the reboot issue. Before dd-wrt fixed it only users which enabled qos were affected by the random reboot issue.

I read through dd-wrt forums regarding the reboot issue. Before dd-wrt fixed it only users which enabled qos were affected by the random reboot issue.

I had reboot even without using Qos on stock firmware

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

Merlin since you chat with ASUS directly see if there a way they could make a test bios that I could put on my 68u that talks to the log on my 66u. I have the 66u in repeater mode if it was possible it could send diag info to it then the reboot issue may get sorted out quicker. I reboot at the least once a day.

Just an FYI, I updated to this FW to get rid of a problem I had with losing my ssid setup on an ac66u. So Far 8 days of uptime and works great even get better throughput at the far reaches of my home. We generally have 20 devices connected at any one time, a mixture of apple windows etc. we are heavy bandwidth users which is how I ended up with this router as many others I tried just couldn't perform with that many simultaneous sessions running.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online