What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.5656

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Someone have the problems about very slow internet?
And i really dissapointed about ASUS Products. I buy a RoG G750JW but my laptop just connect only 72.2 Mbps with AC68R. G750GJ always has high ping when playing game...

Or it's driver and/or settings.

It is not about wifi card because I connect to a TP-Link and speed is 150Mbps...

Gửi từ SM-N900 của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

I'd go with L&LD then, drivers/settings, in the router and/or in the laptop.

Not all card/router combinations of settings are perfectly optimal/compatible. One router you can connect to may work just fine, another you may not even be able to connect at all. I can't tell you how many times I have seen this over the years.

Merlin is Asus going to be updating firmware at any point for any of their routers? Usually they would release one every other month and I know there are still some non-major issues going on with the router still. Im sure after the prior couple months they are still shell shocked over the problems they had.

Merlin is Asus going to be updating firmware at any point for any of their routers? Usually they would release one every other month and I know there are still some non-major issues going on with the router still. Im sure after the prior couple months they are still shell shocked over the problems they had.

See the link Jay posted.

Basically, they are working on a lot of major changes at this time, plus adding support for new incoming routers. That's why you don't see as many frequent release these past few months, until they are done with that major update (what was referred to as being "Asuswrt 2.0" by some Asus representatives.

I currently have 376_1088 in my hands, and I'm expecting a newer version sometime this week. So yes, development is currently very active on Asus's end, they just aren't ready just yet to release anything.

I have an ASUS RT-AC68U with 3.0.0.4.374.5656 Firmware version. If I enable IPv6 with - Native - PPP - and DHCP-PD enabled I can't play Farmville 2. See the PrtSc below. The game works fine if I disable IPv6. Is this an Asus IPv6 bug ?
error farmville2.jpg

I don't understand why beam forming is such a problem. Is it the router or client causing the issues? I downgraded to f/w .583 a few months ago for stability.

IIRC its a broadcom based feature that only works with certain AC cards (the BCM4352 being an example). From my experience turning it on didn't have any adverse effect on clients that don't support it (Intel 7260) but I did notice it gave my BCM4352 a higher link speed compared to the Intel card (I assume with a little help of some 'broadcom magic')

Honestly I wouldn't worry about having it enabled or disabled as it probably won't make any noticeable difference.

Latest threads

Support Us - Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!