What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.5656

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

THe other day I opened a port one time:
Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U.
To access the settings of RT-AC68U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

this was the result. I waited for a day and then I could acess the router again. Very weird so anyway I needed to open another port and boom:
Same message..
Now Ive had it for couple of days and guess Im forced to totally reset router and all the settings... Zzz..
So weird I have no idea..

THe other day I opened a port one time:
Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh.
Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-AC68U.
To access the settings of RT-AC68U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number.

this was the result. I waited for a day and then I could acess the router again. Very weird so anyway I needed to open another port and boom:
Same message..
Now Ive had it for couple of days and guess Im forced to totally reset router and all the settings... Zzz..
So weird I have no idea..

I get the same thing when I change any settings over the WAN. Can take hours before I can get into the router again. Incredibly frustrating. Can't believe more people haven't complained. Even a full powercycle doesn't fix this!

I think that setting is only available in Merlin's Build.

No, this is from Asus's firmware, however it's not present on every model. Chances are the poster is posting in the wrong thread, and is not talking about an RT-AC56U.

I get the same thing when I change any settings over the WAN. Can take hours before I can get into the router again. Incredibly frustrating. Can't believe more people haven't complained. Even a full powercycle doesn't fix this!

I do a lot of webui fiddling during my tests and never ran into any issue. I suspect that many people affected by this are being played tricks by their browser autofill. There was at least one user who would be unable to log back into his router because he had an autofill addon that would change the username on him.

I do a lot of webui fiddling during my tests and never ran into any issue. I suspect that many people affected by this are being played tricks by their browser autofill. There was at least one user who would be unable to log back into his router because he had an autofill addon that would change the username on him.

For me, this only happens over the WAN connection, and it's 100% of the time. Definitely not a browser thing as I can go to a different computer altogether and get the same results. In fact, even if I use my public IP or DDNS, it does the same thing.

After many hours, it starts working again. I've completely given up doing any changes remotely as it's impossible. Locally, however, the router works fine. Every firmware version I've tried, Asus or Merlin, factory/WPS reset multiple times, same thing. My old D-Link had no such issue as I made changes and rebooted it remotely like it was going out of style! Disappointing since I'm a nerd and love to change/tweak settings remotely from work.

Edit: Added picture. Just rebooted it. Now inaccessible.
router.png

Last edited:
This happens to me sometimes after changing certain settings in the router but all i have to do is just close the browser and then reenter the user name and password and i am right back in. I have never had it lock me out.

USB sleep state?

Hi all,

I have one small usb drive and one big usb [raid setup] and want to set a sort of autosleep function.
My raid usb setup sleeps when unmounted. I figure this will count partly too for smaller usb 2.5" mini drives...
But is it possible to to unmount unless an active share is there?
Or wakeup on lan the drive en revives the network connection to the usb drive??

Any suggestions?
Just want to keep the health ok for my drives....

Ciao V

Hi all,

I have one small usb drive and one big usb [raid setup] and want to set a sort of autosleep function.
My raid usb setup sleeps when unmounted. I figure this will count partly too for smaller usb 2.5" mini drives...
But is it possible to to unmount unless an active share is there?
Or wakeup on lan the drive en revives the network connection to the usb drive??

Any suggestions?
Just want to keep the health ok for my drives....

Ciao V

I believe the Merlin firmware has that option added.

Random Disconnects

Apperantly my old HP Touchpad tablet, gets frequent random disconnects. Newer tablets dont seem to be affected. Before you say my tablet is failing, it is not because I got my old router and set it up as WAP and I dont get disconnected at all. This firmware must affect older wifi clients I cant be the only one.

Did you try forgetting the previous wireless setup and reconfigure it. Thats what i had to do going from 374.41 to 374.5656 on the 2.4 Ghz band for some reason 5 Ghz clients were not affected. Just a suggestion.

also beamforming can affect older clients from what i have seen. try disabling that.

I had similar problems and updating to the latest .net framework as well as updating my wifi driver then forgetting the network fixed my problem.

Updated through the automatic updater on the router itself to .5517, and the random reboot issue from earlier came back. Under load I would get maximum 30 minutes uptime before it rebooted itself.

Have downloaded .5656 and will try a manual update to see if that takes care of the reboots.

-KJ

Yes it seems we have some decent firmware for 68U now 5656 works great and so does Merlin's 374.41. :D

When i upgraded through the UI to 5517 I had disconnects every few minutes. Upgraded to 5656 a couple of hours ago and so far so good. :)

Very happy with the 3.0.0.4.374.5656 firmware, so far no issues at all! I can also vouch for Merlins latest build! Both seem very stable.

The .5517 update through router vs .5656 downloadable from ASUS website was indeed strange? I first ran the update from the router but shortly after downloaded the version from the site and installed it instead just to be sure...

UPNP not working

I'm on 3.0.0.4.374.5656 now.No boots but I cant get the UPNP for my NAS to work.I can connect to the NAS with Windows of through the AiCloud but not through other streaming devices (smart phone, tv etc). I've rebooted and restarted it but no luck. Anyone know if I could telnet to the router and restart it as a command line ?
DAve

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!