What's new

ASUS RT-AC68U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.374.5656

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Back on 5047 firmware.

Galaxy S4.
Link speed out in the garage that is detached from the townhouse is at 19Mbps, but at a constant 2 bars and no fluctuations. Roughly 40 feet away from the router on the ground level.
Webpages don't load as fast as they did with 5656 firmware. There is a give or take a second difference.

Did you stick with 5047?

What´s everybody veredict, stay with 5047 or go for latest 5656? Is there significant improvement/fix for this update??

Last edited:
UPNP issue with this firmware

PS got it working-mapped a higher folder on the external drive-maybe the index was corrupt-funny thaough that only the UPNP service was affected by this ....

Looking at rmerlins github can't wait for .42

So 5656 broke my mapped network drive. I have a WD My Book plugged into the USB3 port. I have the drive named Cloud, and when going through windows map network drive feature, i can click browse and see the RT-AC68U. Before when i clicked the drop down for it to expand it would show a drive called Cloud and i could map to it. Now Cloud is gone and as soon as i expand it shows all the folders in my drive.

Under USB Apps > Media Server when you go to add a directory it sees the MY Book, then shows Cloud, then shows the folders. I select Cloud and hit ok, hit add then apply and it shows up /mnt/Cloud. But i still can't map Cloud like i could before on 4422.

Also under the Media server tab they spelled Video wrong, they put Vedio.

A work around that i've had to do is to plug the drive into my computer, create a new folder then move everything into that folder then plug it back into the router. I can now map that folder with everything in it. Still not happy that after doing the upgrade i had to go around to each computer and remap the drive, which involved entering the admin login info for the router to gain windows security permission to access it.

Last edited:
What happened to WEP encryption?? Has only open, wpa and wpa2 encryption.

WEP does not work with 802.11n or 802.11ac. To use it, you must set the Wireless Mode to Legacy.

WEP does not work with 802.11n or 802.11ac. To use it, you must set the Wireless Mode to Legacy.

That makes sense but wasn't the wep selection in the list originally? Im guessing when you picked it that it set you to legacy and caused problems for some.

That makes sense but wasn't the wep selection in the list originally? .

Yes, perhaps Asus decided that WEP is obsolute and not secure in this day and age so they have made the option in the right place. In effect it's the owner's deliberate action to enable the unsecure encryption.

That makes sense but wasn't the wep selection in the list originally? Im guessing when you picked it that it set you to legacy and caused problems for some.

It was changed by Asus a few months ago. Probably because users were using WEP, and contacting their support asking why they couldn't connect at speeds higher than 54 Mbps. So now they have to consciously downgrade their speed to 54 Mbps before the WEP option appears, which does make sense.

It was changed by Asus a few months ago. Probably because users were using WEP, and contacting their support asking why they couldn't connect at speeds higher than 54 Mbps. So now they have to consciously downgrade their speed to 54 Mbps before the WEP option appears, which does make sense.

They could have used their handy exclamation point to explain that. :D

Jim,
How would you compare 5047 with 5656? Beside wake on lan issue is there any other stability or fix that really is worth It upgrading to 5656?

@whsbuss - I had major problems with the RT-AC68U but since firmware 5656 am very happy - but I did a hard reset first (30/30/30) before installing it.
Dave

@whsbuss - I had major problems with the RT-AC68U but since firmware 5656 am very happy - but I did a hard reset first (30/30/30) before installing it.
Dave
Hi,

There is no such thing as 30/30/30 reset on Asus devices - why are people keeping to tell this??? :confused:

Please read the manual on how to reset the router via WPS- and Reset-button or the GUI.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!