What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

just to let you guys know that my new AC87 came with firmware 3.0.0.4.376.2769 installed.

Not to give you any hope with this newest firmware; 5ghz range seems to be very disappointing compared to the R7000. It just cuts me off at around 15 meters distance. DFS channels are a real mess when trying to bridge = does not work for me. Just opened a case with Asus support.

Not to give you any hope with this newest firmware; 5ghz range seems to be very disappointing compared to the R7000. It just cuts me off at around 15 meters distance. DFS channels are a real mess when trying to bridge = does not work for me. Just opened a case with Asus support.

What mrromero is saying is that a newer firmware is being discussed on a forum from Singapore and supposedly should be released soon. The revision is apparently 30xx and it is currently in ASUS' release candidate stage. If this is correct, we should hopefully see a newer firmware soon. With any luck it will address some of your issues.

I wonder if this is the firmware the Asus SG person was talking about. As that person stated next major firmware to be released soon. Looking at the change log, nothing major about it imo. I notice the file size is even a bit smaller then the .2678 release. Also this is the same release, someone just posted about the other day, that came installed on there router.

Doesn't seem like it was the one they were talking about it. Still going to give it a try since my 5ghz band is totally whack on my Mac.

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.2769

Fixes:

1.Fixed the network looping issue when multiple Sonos speakers connecting to router by network cable.
2.Fixed EU model lan connection speed drop issue.
3.Fixed string and browser compatible related GUI issues.

Updated

1.Increased AdaptiveQoS bandwidth monitor application icons.
2.Adjusted priority setting GUI in Adaptive QoS bandwidth monitor.

Download ~> http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC87U/FW_RT_AC87U_30043762769.zip

That changelog certainly doesn't suggest "Most of the bug(s) will be resolve by next firmware." Not to mention that the Asus rep there was talking about 2900+ build numbers two weekends ago.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88666627-post532.html
http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88487604-post435.html

If this is all we have to look forward to for a while from Asus, then it sounds like a perfect chance to jump to Merlin's 2678 build.

EDIT: This looks more like a quick hotfix for Sonos users than any major release; I would hope we see another big drop this month.

Last edited:
Hello,

I know its been mentioned many times that R and U are twins.

Am curious this version does not show up for the 87R.

Anyone have an 87R and installed the 87U version?

Hello,

I know its been mentioned many times that R and U are twins.

Am curious this version does not show up for the 87R.

Anyone have an 87R and installed the 87U version?
It works fine. If you ever notice, the zip files contain the same file, just with a different letter.

Well I am kind of hoping this was released, after someone seen the guy post that this firmware was already on his router after purchase, and another release will be coming soon after. As I would consider this release, a minor one as the change log is very small, and even size compared to the 2678 release is smaller. Which I know size doesn't matter, as there are ways to make the release's smaller over time.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online