What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is anyone still having issues with devices (on 2.4 OR 5 Ghz) losing WAN connectivity without losing WiFi connection? Nearly all the smart phones and tablets in my house exhibit this issue with this router. The solution either involves waiting several minutes or resetting the WiFi connection from the device side. WAN connection is restored immediately after that.

I have noticed with a wired device my media NAS it going slow and pausing while streaming. Does it a few times during a movie. Almost similar to what would happen with the 68u reboot issue. if you wait a little bit any where from 10 seconds to a minute it continues on fine. Or I can stop the movieand restart and it goes on fine till next slow down. No sign or a problem in the wireless router log.

Gary when will see the new build

I'm going to make a suggestion that I and others have made to you in other cases.

That suggestion is to be patient, so as to avoid annoying both forum users and helpful people like Gary and RMerlin by continuing to spam with "When will xxxx be available?"

It will be here when it is here. Everyone else here manages to wait; perhaps you can too.

That suggestion is to be patient, so as to avoid annoying both forum users and helpful people like Gary and RMerlin by continuing to spam with "When will xxxx be available?"

Disagree. Posts from joejoejo are not spam and help keep the forums lively and prevent the threads going dead.

Gary and Merlin NEED to be prodded to help prevent AllTimers!

I'm going to make a suggestion that I and others have made to you in other cases.

It will be here when it is here. Everyone else here manages to wait; perhaps you can too.
That user will ignore your advice as they have so far with the advice given by everyone else. Gary hasn't posted since the 28th so he may have left the forum for good. I, for one, couldn't blame him if he did. However there are others too unfortunately but that user is in a league all by themselves. I guess this is our own private version of Eternal September... <sigh>

Last edited:

When people start pushing me, my first reaction is to dig my heels in, and refuse to move. So, not a good idea. The end result might be... bad... for the rest of the community.

When people start pushing me, my first reaction is to dig my heels in, and refuse to move. So, not a good idea. The end result might be... bad... for the rest of the community.

I agree with you. Asus appears to be doing better with releasing critical updates.

Perhaps they are heeding your and others advice to get their firmware corps in order.

So your role may be rapidly approaching its natural death.

Last edited:
Disagree. Posts from joejoejo are not spam and help keep the forums lively and prevent the threads going dead.

Comments like your's and joejoejoe's ARE considered spamming by myself and others in this community, and in the Terms of Service. In fact, I consider your comment about prodding Gary and Merlin as cyber bullying and not appropriate. Gary and Merlin have NO CONTROL over when updates are released and Asus is NOT required to tell us about them before the public, nor are they required to give us early access to them. Please cease and desist with such spamming and cyber bullying comments please.

Take your sweet time with the next release. Go camping, fishing or whatever. We'll still be here when you get back. :)

Thank you RMerlin!

Thank your RMerlin for all of your hard work! Please take your time. Thank you for your patience with people on this forum. This is the internet after all and you get a mixed bag of people. :)

Reported posts

Look folks, you can stop sending me requests to ban annoying users. RMerlin has full moderation powers in these forums for posts and can let me know if he wants anyone banned, which he hasn't as yet.

Stop feeding the trolls....

I appreciate the thoughts guys, but as Tim said, just ignore these posts rather than feeding them by replying. There's no ground for a ban at this time, I'll simply ignore those posts that personally annoy me, and move on.

On a related note, I'll unstick this thread since it has now served its purpose. Asus now has official webpages for the RT-AC87R and U from where you can download firmware updates. Plus, this thread has gone way off topic by now.

Does that mean no more betas here prior to official release?

I check here once a day just in case something is released

Does that mean no more betas here prior to official release?

I check here once a day just in case something is released

Not necessarily, as I don't know what are Asus' plans in this aspect. Just that this thread no longer requires the visibility of a sticky - back then there was no support page on Asus's website for people to look up when searching for firmware updates.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!