What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have also been seeing my log on both my 87r and n66u in media bridge mode. The NTP is really spamming my n66u log every 30 seconds, oddly n66u not syncing up date and time while in media bridge mode either.

I plan to put Merlin's latest beta release back on both my routers tonight or tomorrow. As these two logging are rather annoying, also the n66u not syncing time and date, are causing mass ntp log spam. Which i think is causing connection to it to be spotty.

port forwarding

Hi got the 87 for few days. Before the 87 i Got the 68 and all works fine, but now with the 87U i am not to able forward the port for my DVR camera.

I have tried different ports (of course i have the ports changed also in the DVR) but i can not access the DVR from outside.

In the Lan i have ip Adress of the DVR 192.168.0.111 and the port 5002 so if i put 192.168.0.111:5002 it works also if iam on the LAN and give mi private adress 212.183.23....:5002 i can also access it but if i connect from the WAN (outside) its not working.

Can anyone hlep me?

Yes. I see it in my log also.

Anyone else seeing something similar?

The message in my log is thus:

Nov 11 10:59:57 rc_service: ntp 1515:notify_rc stop_ntpc :mad:

BTW, my uptime with current firmware (376_3561) is:

1 days 18 hours 28 minutes 2 seconds :D

The best thing is no issues over that time! :)

Last edited:
Read Merlin's & Tim's posting Hx's

Hi got the 87 for few days. Before the 87 i Got the 68 and all works fine, but now with the 87U i am not to able forward the port for my DVR camera.

I have tried different ports (of course i have the ports changed also in the DVR) but i can not access the DVR from outside.

In the Lan i have ip Adress of the DVR 192.168.0.111 and the port 5002 so if i put 192.168.0.111:5002 it works also if iam on the LAN and give mi private adress 212.183.23....:5002 i can also access it but if i connect from the WAN (outside) its not working.

Can anyone hlep me?
OK here goes.

First, it is impossible to give any advice as you do not give enough information regarding network topology or system information from both your server, or workstation, and router. One of the known issues with ac87x firmware currently is port forwarding, IIRC.

Second, search these forums first. The port forwarding issue alone has had many posts recently. If all else fails, simply call up Merlin's posting history. Invariably you will find that Eric has already answered the same question for another user. It just takes a couple of clicks/keystrokes and I have found reading his posts to be VERY informative. Tim also posts great stuff so you should check him out as well.

Last edited:
What I find odd is ASUS said we would see a new FW in 2 weeks. Well it has been two weeks, and the only thing out is a "leaked" fw by an ASUS employee. Nothing new on their website ............

frequent communication has been a little lacking however they're not paid to do so here so it's great when they do come by.

It's a guess but most likely the build they planned on releasing either didn't pass their internal Q/A or they had another build not that far behind with even more fixes.

Bottom line is I'd rather get a solid update then one which could be worse or buggier in different ways then the one I'm on now and I suppose that's their view as well.

But I agree waiting isn't always easy when things aren't working 100% as is.

This router is unfinished but lets not bite the hand that feeds us regarding info from Asus. We all know how software development slips. All we can do is be patient.

Last edited:
I have found that if I reboot my router I have to delete my Port Forwardings apply and then re-add them and apply in order for it to work again. Kind of a pain, but that is my workaround.

Well its been a month since Gary's last update, 2 months since the last official update. Hope we get something soon.

Hi

I'm participating in a betatest program for future FW-releases and I thought I'll share this beta with you guys.

RT-AC87U_3.0.1.4intel7260_378_0-gb8145c1.trx

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rceq7vhlo8i0wsl/RT-AC87U_3.0.1.4intel7260_378_0-gb8145c1.trx?dl=0

It is meant to address a particular issue with the Intel 7260 and the Quantenna chipset. In my case regularly all packet flow stops but the wifi link is still up and running and everything appears to be fine.

I'm still testing it but so far the issue has not occurred with my Dell XPS 15 running the latest drivers.

It is meant to address a particular issue with the Intel 7260 and the Quantenna chipset. In my case regularly all packet flow stops but the wifi link is still up and running and everything appears to be fine.

Hello,

Now this sounds exactly like what I have been experiencing since installing the AC-7260 in my laptop. Not all the time and never predictable yet usually occurs when loading new web pages.

Hi

I'm participating in a betatest program for future FW-releases and I thought I'll share this beta with you guys.

I'd check if there was any agreement you had to participate in the beta program. Sharing outside the beta is usually a no-no.

Well i am disappointed in the way asus has been communicating with releases as of late. The last couple official releases, have been labeled as beta's. So i don't understand the month or more between releases. As i understand not releasing official firmwares to much, but asus knows the forums here is a channel for releasing beta's, and getting some real feedback from there customers. As of now, most of us are in the dark, and don't know what is, or isn't being looked into, and trying to be resolved.

With the last beta released, system log just getting crammed with more random stuff. I wish the network loop log would get looked into a bit by asus. As i have went threw my whole LAN without finding anything to cause it. Plus i have seen plenty of others on here complain of same error log. So i personally feel this error is like a false positive, and maybe error in code somewhere. System log spam bothers me a good bit with this router.

@zoon

Thanks for sharing the beta. I am keen to try it. Is there some reassurance you can offer me that this is genuine ASUS firmware and not something re-complied from source code with "special undocumented" features. I am a bit risk adverse.

@zoon

Thanks for sharing the beta. I am keen to try it. Is there some reassurance you can offer me that this is genuine ASUS firmware and not something re-complied from source code with "special undocumented" features. I am a bit risk adverse.

hi friend, i was as sceptical as you. However in desperation, I still gave this beta firmware a shot. so far, my opinion of this firmware is, it is gonna make you feel the difference.

This beta firmware is by far the most stable one. I have it running for almost 6 hours, and the wireless performance is definitely noticeable for you to judge.

I was running the beta firmware 3561 previously, and it was totally crap.

If you are as desperate as me, give this fix from zoon a shot, it should change your mind in ditching this product.

Just a word of advice, I strong advise you to perform a reset using the hard button, followed by a nvram reset using the wps button. I did this and now, my router is a beast..

While a little better than the previous beta, I still don't get consistent speeds on my mac. Might be a yosemite issue though...

While a little better than the previous beta, I still don't get consistent speeds on my mac. Might be a yosemite issue though...

definitely, my mac is not sustaining speed as well. but random speed tests using my android devices connect on wireless-AC is giving me gd results throughout the day..

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!