What's new

ASUS RT-AC87 Firmware - Official Releases

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

obviously, this the one bug i noticed still present in this firmware but you can easily fix this by change to whatever time doesn't have the offset time on the bottom, hit apply then change to your time zone again and this should work fine.

Tried that. Won't switch to any other Time Zone except US Central. Even resetting to all defaults doesn't fix it. My Nest thermostat also won't connects it any more either, doesn't even see the router.

Ended up having to type in router login name to change to time zone. Sheesh.

Nest now sees the router, so the mucked up time zone setting effects that too. What a mess.

In the firmware you go to Administration->system-> enable telnet. You don't have to port forward. I am assuming you just want to telnet into the router.

obviously, this the one bug i noticed still present in this firmware but you can easily fix this by change to whatever time doesn't have the offset time on the bottom, hit apply then change to your time zone again and this should work fine.
Thank you both guys, I successfully activated telnet en noticed also the time zone bug. Changed mij login records and hit applied with a time zone without off set and changed it back. Then the time bug was gone and I can login again into Putty

Send from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

my iPhone 6 plus still have wifi issue with this firmware while my mac book retina display wireless N work fine. while browsing with i phone 6 for awhile the site stop responding, to fix this i have to turn off wifi with on my phone and on again, then it'll work again but will happen sometime after that, wifi signal bar still showing strong on the phone. Switch back to 2.4ghz works with no problem.

i spoke to soon on my previous post, my macbook have a similar issue too, when click on something it taking a while before it will run, seem like something wrong with the ping, but again switched back to 2.4ghz works perfectly fine.

They aren't necessarily related to one another. I occasionally get these in my own router log as well, but it never affected connectivity.

Interesting. I jumped on my RT-N16 running kong SVN revision 25630M and frequently see these in the syslog:

kern.warn kernel: eth1: received packet with own address as source address

Still leaves me wondering what triggered the broadcast storm. Would the interface make the difference here? On the RT-AC87 it seems to be a problem on interface br0. Only occasionally do I see a log generated from eth1.

i spoke to soon on my previous post, my macbook have a similar issue too, when click on something it taking a while before it will run, seem like something wrong with the ping, but again switched back to 2.4ghz works perfectly fine.

Your not alone. Exactly the same issues here on my wife's iPhone 6 and mine. Also, my iPad air 2. Old driver seemed to work better for the iOS AC devices. My wife's mid 2013 Mac Pro also gets booted off once a day. I always do a factory reset and enter settings manually, so not a problem there. Same thing happens with Merlins build ..._49_5 with the updated driver.

I've had no issues since I started fully booting the router first then boot the modem. This especially helps on the PS4 side of things.

I've had no issues since I started fully booting the router first then boot the modem. This especially helps on the PS4 side of things.

i even went further than that, factory default then put the router in recovery mode to write this new firmware and factory default again but problem still there.

You should ask Microsoft to fix it rather. The XBox One has a bug where if it goes into sleep mode and comes out later, it does not properly re-establish its UPNP forward rules that have long expired on the router due to inactivity. This is actually a bug in the XBox One, it wouldn't surprise me if it also occurred with other consoles.

With Asus RT-AC87U is problematic even the first opening of the door via uPnP, it is absolutely necessary to turn off the router and console and pray. At the second turning on the console NAT is 90% moderate.
Impossible to use two Xbox on the same LAN.
I do not remember such problems with RT-AC68U.
With Netgear R7500 (and R7000) I use two Xbox on the same LAN with dynamic address and have NAT open on both machines.

With Asus RT-AC87U is problematic even the first opening of the door via uPnP, it is absolutely necessary to turn off the router and console and pray. At the second turning on the console NAT is 90% moderate.
Impossible to use two Xbox on the same LAN.
I do not remember such problems with RT-AC68U.
With Netgear R7500 (and R7000) I use two Xbox on the same LAN with dynamic address and have NAT open on both machines.

I have a xbox one and the 360. I am able to play on Xbox Live just fine with my AC87 and I am running the latest Merlin firmware. The Xbox one is connected by wire and the Xbox 360 is wireless.

3754 Official Build/Source Code is up on the Asus site
15. Fixed LED abnormal behavior when disabled LED and reboot RT-AC87U by UI button.

I see this issue still exists on the latest fw and before anyone asks, yes i did a factory reset after upgrading fw. Quite often (but not always) even though the LEDs have been disabled they come back on after a reboot irrespective of how the router was rebooted....hardware switch or through GUI.

I am getting this in the log over and over.

Jan 3 15:45:17 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Jan 3 15:45:17 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Jan 3 15:45:18 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Jan 3 15:45:19 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Jan 3 15:45:20 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Jan 3 15:45:21 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Jan 3 15:45:22 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address
Jan 3 15:45:23 kernel: br0: received packet on vlan1 with own address as source address

We are all getting those in the logs. It happens in all versions of their firmware. It seems to be a low priority on the Asus 'to do' list. I am still on firmware 2061 and it seems to function well for how I use it. I am hoping to see here if you all start reporting how great this latest fw is before I risk updating mine.

Simple question.

Asus official web page for down loads ac87 r/u still shows 2769 as the most current release. This forum shows 3754 (final version) as the official and most current.

I know we do get Beta test versions, but when it is a final release, I don't understand it not appearing on Asus official web page for down loads ?

Already feel sorry for Asus to deploy this 378.3754 to production, while there are still silly GUI related bugs in it....

I have a xbox one and the 360. I am able to play on Xbox Live just fine with my AC87 and I am running the latest Merlin firmware. The Xbox one is connected by wire and the Xbox 360 is wireless.

If you run a "detailed network statistics" on your Xbox One. Are you getting the download speeds that your ISP provides through wireless?

Simple question.

Asus official web page for down loads ac87 r/u still shows 2769 as the most current release. This forum shows 3754 (final version) as the official and most current.

I know we do get Beta test versions, but when it is a final release, I don't understand it not appearing on Asus official web page for down loads ?

Eh? If you go to

http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC87U/HelpDesk_Download/

it clearly lists the 3754 as the latest fw.

Already feel sorry for Asus to deploy this 378.3754 to production, while there are still silly GUI related bugs in it....

1) The major bugs on the AC87 have been fixed

2) There is no such thing as a bug free router...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Members online