What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24668 (2024/09/24)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

naitkris

Occasional Visitor
Updated firmware for the ZenWiFi XT8 has been released.

Direct firmware download for ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 V1: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._300438824668.zip?model=ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)
Direct firmware download for ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 V2: https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/..._300438824668.zip?model=ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24668
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24668 49.61 MB 2024/09/24
1. Optimized memory management mechanisms, improving system efficiency and stability.
2. Strengthened input validation and data processing workflows, further protecting your information security.
3. Improved web rendering engine, enhancing browsing experience and security.
4. Enhanced security of system command processing to guard against potential malicious operations.
5. Perfected JavaScript-related security mechanisms, offering a more secure web interaction environment.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 88328e6767b3c0afc4527e15129960229d1a6573fe4bd63c003a55e9aed3c829

ASUS ZenWiFi XT8 V2 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24668
Version 3.0.0.4.388_24668 50.23 MB 2024/09/24
1. Optimized memory management mechanisms, improving system efficiency and stability.
2. Strengthened input validation and data processing workflows, further protecting your information security.
3. Improved web rendering engine, enhancing browsing experience and security.
4. Enhanced security of system command processing to guard against potential malicious operations.
5. Perfected JavaScript-related security mechanisms, offering a more secure web interaction environment.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: e0a261cac01b1cf415549e4cd54ebb82de1631f16cb5d7fac8128783288b3a2b

Glad to see this product is still being supported. Curious as to how this goes. I will try this weekend, but as I work from home I don't want to tempt fate until I have some time off.

Glad to see this product is still being supported. Curious as to how this goes. I will try this weekend, but as I work from home I don't want to tempt fate until I have some time off.

It is a powerful and popular AX router. They can't stop releasing firmwares yet.

My old N55U_D1 still has updates from time to time, after almost a decade. I imagine routers have any way of "pinging home" (and auto firmware check in latest versions, for example) so ASUS know how many are still on use, to help decide the actual lifetime. XT8 was very popular and still sold.

I do not plan to change it. I have no problems at all with it.

FYI: I installed the firmware version on my three XT8 V.1 yesterday and so far I haven't noticed any negative points or problems with it. However, the issue of WLAN transmission speed to WLAN clients, or between the XT8 clients, which has always been mentioned as bad or worse with some other firmware versions, is not that important to me.
I also haven't noticed any messages in the system log that I should be concerned about or worried about. :)

Last edited:
Upgraded no issues here and I think I may have slightly better speeds everywhere. Ram sits around 68% i forgot to check before upgrade but sure this used to sit in the 70s or even 80s.

4 units wireless backhaul.

Firmware installed on two XT8 nodes. So far no problems other than a cosmetic issues: Some of the longer client names being showed "scrambled" in the web interface independent of which browser I use. Column width of Client name is too small while the column width for IP address seems to be oversized. No means to adjust the widths.
1727952067932.png

Last edited:
Firmware installed on two XT8 nodes. So far no problems other than some of the longer client names being showed "scrambled" in the web interface independent of which browser I use. View attachment 61723
That problem started in the prior firmware. Really disappointed that they didn't fix that, seems like an easy fix and considering months between releases it could be a bug for a year or longer.

Running for 3 weeks now without major problems, but I did noticed an old problem resurfaces. The client list does not get refreshed. I have several devices connected (and active) not showing up on the client list while inactive devices (kids phones while they are not at home) are still on the list. Running in AP mode I had this problem with an older FW version, but now it returned.

Running for 3 weeks now without major problems, but I did noticed an old problem resurfaces. The client list does not get refreshed. I have several devices connected (and active) not showing up on the client list while inactive devices (kids phones while they are not at home) are still on the list. Running in AP mode I had this problem with an older FW version, but now it returned.

I do not notice that problem 🤔

I do not notice that problem 🤔
Maybe you are not running in AP mode ? Could be a problem in the collaboration between my IP fiber modem/router being the DHCP server and my XT8 set-up as AP. But with previous FW refresh on the XT8 worked correctly and in the meanwhile I did not receive any new FW on my fiber modem.

Maybe you are not running in AP mode ? Could be a problem in the collaboration between my IP fiber modem/router being the DHCP server and my XT8 set-up as AP. But with previous FW refresh on the XT8 worked correctly and in the meanwhile I did not receive any new FW on my fiber modem.

My XT8 works as a standalone router connected to the fiber ONT. No mesh.

he client list does not get refreshed. I have several devices connected (and active) not showing up on the client list while inactive devices (kids phones while they are not at home) are still on the list..
Check if in the Network Map -> View List all the connected clients are included.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!