What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8_2 - Switching from ‘automatic IP’ to ‘PPPoE’

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

AsusFreak

New Around Here
Hello, I have found a small problem with Asuswrt-Merlin 3004.388.8_2. When switching from ‘automatic IP’ to ‘PPPoE’, I have duplicate entries in ‘System log - routing table’ as well as in ‘Internet status’. I have already tried a factory reset and reinstallation. Always the same.

Is there a solution?

Attachments

• Internet status.png
    Internet status.png
    55 KB · Views: 48
  • routing table.png
    routing table.png
    34.4 KB · Views: 48
@AsusFreak, you should remove the "Release" tag from your post/heading. Normally the "Release" tag is used for announcing new firmware releases not for asking questions about router issues.

Can you remove the release tag you haven’t released anything.

Are they the same ip address?

Edit: doesn’t look like it.

@AsusFreak, you should remove the "Release" tag from your post/heading. Normally the "Release" tag is used for announcing new firmware releases not for asking questions about router issues.

Beat me to it lol

Can you remove the release tag you haven’t released anything.

Are they the same ip address?
I have removed the release tag.
No. Once the IP from the provider and then the IP from the upstream FRITZ!Box I would like to use PPPoE and my provider supports it. But when I specify PPPoE during installation, the same result is obtained. Everything has already been done and it worked with the previous versions.
____
EDIT: Ashes on my head. Problem already solved. Under ‘WAN - Internet connection - Special requirement of the Internet provider’ -> ‘Activate VPN and DHCP connection’ Deactivated & it runs again as usual.

Last edited:
I have removed the release tag.
No. Once the IP from the provider and then the IP from the upstream FRITZ!Box I would like to use PPPoE and my provider supports it. But when I specify PPPoE during installation, the same result is obtained. Everything has already been done and it worked with the previous versions.
____
EDIT: Ashes on my head. Problem already solved. Under ‘WAN - Internet connection - Special requirement of the Internet provider’ -> ‘Activate VPN and DHCP connection’ Deactivated & it runs again as usual.
That setting - where can I learn more about it? somehow it's auto activated by the setup wizard...

That setting - where can I learn more about it? somehow it's auto activated by the setup wizard...
AFAIK, it was used by very few providers. I believe Russia's Beeline used it back in the day - DHCP would provide you with an IP within their own network, and then you would establish an L2TP tunnel using that IP to gain actual Internet access. Hence the "VPN over DHCP`.