What's new

Asuswrt-Merlin 378.50 Beta 2 is out

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is there a difference in the start order when it is in AP mode? Mine runs as AP, but so does my AC66 where it works.

Disk sharing is not officially supported in AP mode AFAIK, only in router mode.

QoS is working ok with the AC87 and this FW?

It's a beta. Try it out and post your feedback - that's the point of these betas. :)

In the survey of 24 hours. The sections not shown 5 Ghz.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Unbenannt.JPG
    Unbenannt.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 688
Everything working fine except FTP which still appears to be broken on my RT-N66U;

ftp 192.168.1.1
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.

IPV6 is definitely off

Everything working fine except FTP which still appears to be broken on my RT-N66U;

ftp 192.168.1.1
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
421 Service not available, remote server has closed connection.

IPV6 is definitely off

Check if it's starting with "PS" you should find: 1174 octopus 3020 S vsftpd /etc/vsftpd.conf
Maby you have some trouble if you use own config file or .add file.

Last edited:
Small bug when AC66U is configured in bridge mode - enabling bridge mode via 5G shows the 2.4G name in the UI from when AC66U was a router even though in bridge mode 2.4G is disabled and non-existent.

Try clearing your browser cache, or with a different browser. I'm unable to reproduce the issue here with neither Chrome or IE.

Hi Merlin, yeha I fixed it, but still I was unable to select MAC Address filtering based on band: did you check that also?

Beta 2 to Beta 2 DPI

Hi Merlin,

I have already updated the firmware on my AC56U to 378.50 Beta 2 and after seeing what the DPI brings I will probably move to the DPI build. MY question is do I have to do a factory reset moving to the DPI build?

Thanks!

Hi Merlin, yeha I fixed it, but still I was unable to select MAC Address filtering based on band: did you check that also?

That question has already been answered 4-5 times in the Beta 1 thread, and at least once in this thread: that feature has been removed by Asus.

Hi Merlin,

I have already updated the firmware on my AC56U to 378.50 Beta 2 and after seeing what the DPI brings I will probably move to the DPI build. MY question is do I have to do a factory reset moving to the DPI build?

Thanks!

Not entirely sure. To be safe I'd say yes, since the DPI build is using a completely different wireless driver (it reuses the one from the AC68), but go ahead and try it out without doing so. You'll see if anything weird happens with wireless.

Possible bug i saw this in 49_5 also after enabling IPv6 my network clients lists show 0 clients a reboot seems to fix it.

No vsftp is definitely running as I wouldn't see the 421 error when attempting to connect;

ASUSWRT-Merlin RT-N66U_3.0.0.4 Sat Jan 31 23:14:28 UTC 2015
admin@THFRouter:/tmp/home/root# ps |grep ftp
1052 admin 3460 S vsftpd /etc/vsftpd.conf
1090 admin 1428 R grep ftp

In the survey of 24 hours. The sections not shown 5 Ghz.

This is a technical limitation on the RT-AC87U due to the 5 GHz traffic being handled by a separate CPU. The rstats service is unable to accumulate historical data for that band, so the tab gets hidden on the last-24 hours monitoring page since there is no data for it.

No idea if there's any way around this. This is most likely something that Asus would have to figure out, as I don't have any documentation on the Quantenna side of things.

I have the rt68u and my cfe hasn't updated with beta 2...everything seems to work ok so will there be issues if the bootloader doesn't update?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

This is a completely different issue, either a name resolution issue (make sure the IP you get from "ping" is the correct one), or something on your network is preventing your NAT loopback from working (could be the destination of your forwarded port that has a firewall rule blocking it, for instance).

As I said originally, my No-IP DDNS works, but the afraid.org one doesn't... Given that I don't really need multiple DDNS entries going at the same time, I'm happy that one of them works and I have updated all of my links to that one now. It could be something specific to my setup, but if someone else has the same issue going forwards then let me know if you need help debugging it!

As I said originally, my No-IP DDNS works, but the afraid.org one doesn't... Given that I don't really need multiple DDNS entries going at the same time, I'm happy that one of them works and I have updated all of my links to that one now. It could be something specific to my setup, but if someone else has the same issue going forwards then let me know if you need help debugging it!

I use afraid.org to update my ip, but the trix is to use long string in:
wget -q http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?your-private-key-goes-here -O - >/dev/null and its 46 sign long.

Last edited:
That question has already been answered 4-5 times in the Beta 1 thread, and at least once in this thread: that feature has been removed by Asus.
Sorry Merlin, I really missed this info;didn't want to bother you anymore. BTW, really thanks for you hard work

I use afraid.org to update my ip, but the trix is to use long string in:
wget -q http://freedns.afraid.org/dynamic/update.php?your-private-key-goes-here -O - >/dev/null and its 46 sign long.

I've got that configured correctly. The script runs. The IP updates. But I cannot access the hostname from the LAN.

Switching to another network (ie cellphone service) and it works, so the issue is not ports or firewall...

It may be a DNS lookup issue but I have had DNS filtering off and on with different providers and none work :(

RMerlin's beta1/beta2 is not suppose to update your CFE again if you've already done it with the stock firmware.;)

sorry fella but I wasn't posting for general replies I was posting to make Merlin aware I had tried Beta2 on my 2nd 68U that didn't have the 378.50beta1 or a CFE that didn't need updating, I would have thought that explained itself with the following but people keep misreading it so I have done a lengthy reply now.

I did this update to my 2nd AC68u today, it didn't update the bootloader again.

Hi, all, sorry if this was already reported, i saw that even that in client status, the name of a client was set correctly, in the wireless log section, the name is not showed at all. My router is ac87u running beta2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk