What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 386.14 beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Staff member
Asuswrt-Merlin 386.14 beta is now available. The focus of this release is the merge of an updated GPL (probably the last GPL merge for the 386 series).

Reminder: 386.xx models are all on Asus' End of Life list since this spring. Asuswrt-Merlin will drop support for these models at the end of 2024.

Changes since 386.13_2

Code:
  - UPDATED: Merged with GPL 386_52805.
  - UPDATED: wget to 1.24.5.

Please keep discussions on the topic of this specific beta release.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Reserved post.

Working without issues on my RT-AC86U ... save for the expected problems with webui add-ons provided by @Jack Yaz such as Diversion Stats and Scribe UI as well as Skynet webui page from @Adamm. - Can't scroll up or down the page - scroll bar vanishes.

I don't expect those to be sorted by the affected authors before final release version.

Most importantly - the new Asus provided GPL rides well on this router 👍.
Many thanks again - for sticking with these soon to be "legacy" routers for 2024.

Most importantly - the new Asus provided GPL rides well on this router 👍.
Many thanks again - for sticking with these soon to be "legacy" routers for 2024.
+1

Dirty Upgrade from previous RMerlin Release.
Although I am using the 86U as an AP, everything is working well!
I was also presented with two separate "Asus Privacy Agreements", which isn't a concern, but just a "legal heads-up".

YMMV: I did have issues with the main download site, which for the past few hours has only downloaded at 80kb or less, and used the mirror site which was fast.

I shall wait, as always, for the full release.

I shall wait, as always, for the full release.
Sensible for you given that the Asus GPL used in this Beta seems to be shipped with Chart.js 3.9 which, as explained elsewhere, is not backwards compatible with Chart.js 2.x used in many of the add-ons you have in your signature.

Sensible for you given that the Asus GPL used in this Beta seems to be shipped with Chart.js 3.9
No, chart.js was not updated in this release.

I can't seem to install it on my RT-AC66U B1.
Using the 68U release, as has previously worked.

I'll wait for final release.

Thank you for continuing to support.

I can't seem to install it on my RT-AC66U B1.
Using the 68U release, as has previously worked.

I'll wait for final release.

Thank you for continuing to support.
Make sure you aren't confusing RT-AC68U with RT-AC86U.

That's exactly what I have done, twice.
Doesn't help that my other device is an 86.
My brain is melting.
The good news is that Asus does model validation before flashing whatever file is being provided by the user.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!