What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.14 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What about Traffic Analyzer Statistic? Last time I checked it was recording data for about 1h only. And Traffic Monitor is broken on this model with known traffic spikes. This firmware version doesn’t have anything working for traffic data.

1725460744888.png

Works for me on .14.

FreshTomato is an alternative firmware with active development.

Ive tried their firmware a few times, but the settings are overwhelming and a bit confusing at times. And the biggest downside, it doesn't have proper USB drivers.

Last edited:
Here is the latest issues with v14 firmware on AC68U when login in to the router, there is a missing GUI on the left hand side and other information is missing; see image. Refreshing the page fixes the problem.

Im trying OEM firmware just to see if that's all I need for now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 12.51.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-09-03 at 12.51.01 PM.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 73
Hi,
since the firmware version 386.14, every time I visit main page on router ASUS RT-AC86U, it pop up two windows:
1st (Traslated from Czech to English by Google Translator)
"
Notice
Dear user, thank you for your continued support of this product. In order to comply with data protection regulations in various countries and other data protection regulations, we have created an updated version of the ASUS Privacy Notice. Please update before using ASUS networking products.
"
and after click on "OK" button
2nd EULA, so I click "OK" too (EULA text can be scrolled, but OK button is clickable without scrolling).

How can I get rid of that annoying *****?

Last edited:
I haven't had the EULA for 20 days and I check the home page every day. Try the Privacy settings on the Admin tab, withdraw then accept.

Here is the latest issues with v14 firmware on AC68U when login in to the router, there is a missing GUI on the left hand side and other information is missing; see image. Refreshing the page fixes the problem.

Im trying OEM firmware just to see if that's all I need for now.

this occurs due to adblock hiding a TOS notice that needs to be agreed to.

this occurs due to adblock hiding a TOS notice that needs to be agreed to.

I clicked "agree" button on the day I installed the firmware, which was over a month ago. I don't have Adblock installed. All ad blocking is done by adguard DNS that is setup in the router settings in WAN section ( see image ).

Im currently running Asus OEM firmware and im not seeing the issue I have described earlier, the issue was not present in version 386.13 firmware.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-09-10 at 11.24.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-09-10 at 11.24.57 AM.png
    35 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
did you try
Unfortunately this didn't work for me, I had a much more horrible experience.

I reconfigured my RT-AC86U after updating to 386.14, and after some setup that I forgot about, every time I open the network map, it asks me to agree to the EULA.

I tried changing all the variables in nvram regarding the EULA, to no avail.

Now I have lost my patience to find out what is wrong, and just use a filtering rule of uBlock to temporarily prevent the EULA from being displayed again.

Code:
192.168.50.1###policy_popup_modal

There is definitely faulty display logic for the EULA.