What's new

Release Asuswrt-Merlin 386.14 is now available for AC models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Staff member
Asuswrt-Merlin 386.14 is now available for all supported AC models. The focus of this release is the merge of an updated GPL, possibly the last GPL merge for the 386 series before support is dropped at the end of 2024.

Changes since 386.13:
Code:
- UPDATED: Merged with GPL 386_52805.
- UPDATED: wget to 1.24.5.
- FIXED: WPS wouldn't start on RT-AC68U (note: starting through
         webui was fixed, however starting through button is
         still broken for the RT-AC66U_B1, including with
         stock firmware).
- REMOVED: Wifi Radar was removed (unsupported by Wifi 7 devices,
           and security issues cited by Asus in their own recent
           releases).

Please keep discussions on this specific release.

Downloads are here.
Changelog is here.

Reserved post.

Don't be surprised to see pop up notices upon first login with this firmware update. These are the same notices reported in other recent stock Asus firmware threads. You can accept or decline some of the notices.

PS: Text from the notices is attached in a text file in case anyone wants to read them before flashing the firmware.

Attachments

• Asus Router 386_14 Notices.txt
    18.6 KB · Views: 337
Update dropped at a prefect time , will report if any issues pop up but I doubt any , Thank you for extending support on these older routers for just a couple months , you are one of the reasons why I choose Asus because of your firmware , Thanks again mate

Flashed 3 AC68U and all went smooth from Beta 2. Now we wait and monitor. No new License pop ups.

Just flashed to 386.14 on my RT-AC68U from 386.13. I did a "dirty" flash.

When I open the Skynet tab on the Firewall page, the vertical scroll bar disappears and you can't scroll down to see all the sections on that page.

I'm accessing the router's web interface using Firefox Version 128.0 on Linux Mint 21.3. The same thing happens using Chromium Version 126.0.6478.126.

Last edited:
I also confirm the missing vertical scrollbar when accessing the Skynet page on my RT-AC88U. Checked on both Firefox and Chrome (latest versions).

Tried restart, updated AMTM and verified if there is any Skynet update available but seems I got the latest version.

Adding debug information from the Firefox console:

Skynet Issue.jpg

Regards,
Aurel

Last edited:

1. Pourquoi je ne trouve plus le radar Wifi après la mise à niveau du micrologiciel ?

En raison d'une mise à niveau de sécurité nécessaire du SDK, la fonction radar WiFi a été supprimée avec les modèles et firmware suivants,
1. Versions du firmware GT-AX11000 plus récentes que 3.0.0.4.388.23285
2. Versions du micrologiciel du GT-AX6000 plus récentes que 3.0.0.6.102_21514
3. Versions du micrologiciel RT-AX86U_PRO plus récentes que 3.0.0.4.388_23565.

The remove of wifi radar is indicated only for few models, why to remove it for the entire models concerned by the branches indicated?

The remove of wifi radar is indicated only for few models, why to remove it for the entire models concerned by the branches indicated?
The RT-AC86U and GT-AC2900 which are the only two models affected by this with 386.14 are already on Asus' End Of Life list, so that means their last firmware was probably released before they formally discontinued Wifi Radar. After I discussed it with them, they recommended removing it from every model, like they are doing for all their currently supported models.

Did I do something wrong? First time I've had a problem updating firmware. I get security warnings like the certificate is invalid now and all I can get to is this.

1721529390770.png

I've rebooted and this is still all I see.

edit: I can access the admin page through 192.168.1.1 but not 192.168.1.1:8443. I've tried to export and install the new certificate and I still get the same result. This is in Chrome. If I use Edge I just get this error:

1721530779448.png

Last edited:
Thank you @RMerlin, update went smooth on my ac88u, i ve acceped first notice (eula), and decline the second as i don't need related services.

When I open the Skynet tab on the Firewall page, the vertical scroll bar disappears and you can't scroll down to see all the sections on that page.

Happens with connmon tab as well (with Edge browser, haven't tested with other browsers). 😿

Last edited:
I read the changelog prior to installation every time, since back in the long ago a Developer wrote a sneaky/LOL in the changelog but my memory isn't what it once was ;)
Thank You RMerlin for your continued support.

Dirty Upgrade from beta2.
AC86U AP with 22 clients with zero issues and zero popups.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gar
Happens with connmon tab as well (with Edge browser, haven't tested with other browsers). 😿

Also, the System Log page (with Scribe). Also verified it happens with Firefox too.

I also confirm the missing vertical scrollbar when accessing the Skynet page on my RT-AC88U. Checked on both Firefox and Chrome (latest versions).

Tried restart, updated AMTM and verified if there is any Skynet update available but seems I got the latest version.

Adding debug information from the Firefox console:

View attachment 60318

Regards,
Aurel
Just flashed to 386.14 on my RT-AC68U from 386.13. I did a "dirty" flash.

I'm accessing the router's web interface using Firefox Version 128.0 on Linux Mint 21.3. The same thing happens using Chromium Version 126.0.6478.126.
Also, the System Log page (with Scribe). Also verified it happens with Firefox too.
Reported by me in the Beta thread for this release - but ignored ...
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/asuswrt-merlin-386-14-beta-is-now-available.90810/post-917553

It is common to ALL webui pages generated from the "user1.asp" and/or "user2.asp" etc.

Changing browsers [tried 3] makes no difference and its not a caching issue either.

It is common to ALL webui pages generated from the "user1.asp" and/or "user2.asp" etc.
I just tested ScMerlin and it loads fine for me on an RT-AC66U_B1, so it's not for all webui pages.

This will be addon specific. Asus has been making changes to the webui code, client_function.js for instance has new dependencies, so developers need to adjust. The changes are probably similar to those that are being tracked here:

I’m having troubles:
After unmounting my Entware drive, I flashed the update. Now I can’t connect to my ISP, and my machines connected to the router with cables can’t get IP addys. No troubles with wifi.

I -may- try a full reset. Not how I should be spending my afternoon

EDIT- as best I can tell, it may have something to do with DNS Director, Unbound, or my Entware drive. When I turn dns director off, I can get my router to get a WAN address from my ISP. But it’s weird- no IPv6 addy eventhough I’ve a native connection. And if the entware drive is the issue, why is there a swap file recognized in the router gui, and why does the diversion page show up but not the addons tab?

Edit 2- things started out like this
Post in thread 'Asuswrt-Merlin 386.14 is now available for AC models'
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...now-available-for-ac-models.91060/post-918676
And now I’ll try reflashing the Fw downloaded and checksum verified from sourceforge rather than the mirror. I fear my trusty ac86 may have had an aneurism.

Last edited:
I just tested ScMerlin and it loads fine for me on an RT-AC66U_B1, so it's not for all webui pages.
Thank for for responding - However, a correction to your interpretation of my several posts on this topic ...
I said it was for all webui pages generated by the user?.asp add-ons and I stand by that statement.
It is specific only to those pages which in the result fail to be scrollable the rest work fine - in case this was not clear from my posts.

@thelonelycoder is the first affected as his Diversion Add-on usually grabs user1.asp;
@Adamm is impacted for his Skynet Add-on - which in my case grabs user2.asp;
@cmkelley 's Scribe addon is affected;
@Jack Yaz [if still around] has a bunch of his addons that feed into webui pages user the user?.asp format -m they are affected.

So - if a member doesn't enjoy the benefits of any add-ons to Merlinware which feed into the webui - he/she is good to go with this release.
If, like me and hundred of others, you DO enjoy a selection of add-ons - then stay away until someone sticks up their hand to fix the specific webui pages mentioned.