What's new

Beta Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 Beta is available for select models

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I've installed the latest beta and so far it's been a smooth experience besides one minor inconvenience.
How do you route IPv4 and IPv6 over the Wireguard protocol at the same time?

I just updated to this beta firmware and everything went succesfully. I got wireguard working as a server and client. Only issue im having is that DDNS wont update. I keep getting this error in my system log. I tried to manually disable ddns and start it again but that didnt work. What should I do?
Do you see the "Deregister" button on the DDNS page? Try that and re-register again. It's a guess really, I usually change my DDNS host name when this happens...lol

Hello. I've installed the latest beta and so far it's been a smooth experience besides one minor inconvenience.
For IPv4 use the VPN Director page. I don't think IPv6 is supported in this case.

@RMerlin
I don't know if it is just me, i did even a clean install, i have an axe11000, using beta 1 with asus stock ui not rog.
But the checkbox "Auto select channel including channel 12, 13" does not do anything, after save it just resets to unchecked, and tried all settings combinations possible, cleaned all browser data and forced no cache in browser to make sure everything is updated.

Is this a bug? or just not an option really available any more, or maybe i am making any mistake and should be used in a specific settings combination i didn't get ok.
Thx for your work anyway, everything else is working perfectly. :)

View attachment 45346

Btw, i see you fixed on axe16000 wireless password field not being hidden by default on Advanced_Wireless_Content, on axe11000 is the same thing, always visible.

1668179261676.png

Well, 3-4 days. no issues, no clients disconnections on WiFi, no crashes whatsoever.
Ax88u and ax56U
Latest Beta of course.

Keep that going, that is good stuff here,.
Thank you @RMerlin

@Lax @blackfireball5

Asus sent me a new version of the fix which re-enables acceleration, but enables/disables it slightly differently.

Can you check this new test build if it's still stable with that new fix when using only AiProtection?

If it runs fine, please provide me with the output from this command:

Code:
cat /proc/net/biqos

Thanks.

hi somebody helpme i have activate intranet in my wireguard server, i can acces to remote desktop, cameras server, but in smb or media servers i cant acces, is ports or some?

@Lax @blackfireball5

Asus sent me a new version of the fix which re-enables acceleration, but enables/disables it slightly differently.

Can you check this new test build if it's still stable with that new fix when using only AiProtection?

Code:
cat /proc/net/biqos

Thanks.
I will test this at some point today.

I've ONE non-WiFi6 capable client that the user will part with when I can pry it "from her cold dead hands," otherwise all of the others (surprisingly) have been ready for almost 2y, so I guess It's time to upgrade the AC86 to one of the Merlin-supported AX series...
must do homework and prepare for Black Friday...but I think it'll be the AX86u (@XIII the 'u' has double the RAM of the 's' version, and a quad core processor vs dual core...and 4 extra ETH ports on the AX88 can be had for less than the price premium over the AX86; AX88 also doesn't have a 2.5GHz port)...eventhough the AX86s will probably still be overkill for my home network.
(when are they gonna make the radios replacable??)
The AX86U has noticeably less range than the quad antenna AC88U it replaced, so I presume the AX88U as well. Range might be less of an issue if you're running a mesh setup, of course. Just another thing to consider.

As noted previously in this thread you cannot (or at least no one has worked out how to) run IPv6 through the Wireguard client if you are using VPNDirector. You can however run dual stack if, instead of using VPN Director, you use Wireguard Manager - there are various threads in Addons, but the best starting point is this guide GitHub - ZebMcKayhan/WireguardManager: Manage/Install WireGuard on applicable ASUS routers

Dirty upgrade from 386.8 all looking very good, only observation is jump in temperatures from
1668191313829.png

to
1668191369953.png

Have done soft and hard reboots, and will see how this changes after more time / in later versions.

As noted previously in this thread you cannot (or at least no one has worked out how to) run IPv6 through the Wireguard client if you are using VPNDirector. You can however run dual stack if, instead of using VPN Director, you use Wireguard Manager - there are various threads in Addons, but the best starting point is this guide GitHub - ZebMcKayhan/WireguardManager: Manage/Install WireGuard on applicable ASUS routers
@skeal That really sucks. I hope they make it a possibility in the near future to at least disable IPv6 on a client basis. I ran into a problem this morning when I routed my PS5 via Wiregaurd Cloudflare.

Had to disable IPv6 altogether before it allowed me to sign into the PSN network. It gets an IP and shows connected to the internet but refuses to sign in

Dirty upgrade from 386.8 all looking very good, only observation is jump in temperatures from
Not seeing that here, with the last alpha on my ax88 I'm at 54 degrees after 18 days. It's been running as an openvpn server and uploading about 35mbps to an openvpn client all that time, with one core active at about 10-12%; so stretching its legs but not loaded up.

There are currently no plans to support this model.
Thanks for your reply.
It is not a biggie because I use it only in repeater mode and for whatever reason it is cheaper than an up to date Wifi-6 usb-dongle and I can't connect the PC over ethernet cable.

Do you see the "Deregister" button on the DDNS page? Try that and re-register again. It's a guess really, I usually change my DDNS host name when this happens...lol

No I dont see any "deregister" button on DDNS site.

Also had to revert back to 386.7_2 from newest beta. Had a wierd issue with Wireguard where torrent or other downloads would peak but right after peaking they would slow down or drop all connections. Maybe something wrong with my configs but im gonna stick with 386.7_2 until a more stable or full release will be out.

@Lax @blackfireball5

Code:
cat /proc/net/biqos

Thanks.

Something is not quite right here.

I turned off AIProtection. Went to the firmware tab. Uploaded the new firmware. It got to 100%, and showed the login screen. I log in. ANd the firmware version at the top matches the previous firmware.

I tried this twice.

Is it possible the firmware was successful and Asus forgot to update the text inside the GUI? Or is the firmware failing to apply?

1668199356281.png

(I cleared log before starting all this. Here is latest log)

@RMerlin Actually, I think this is the correct firmware. I enabled AIProtection and the command is returning "0" meaning it is not being bypassed right?

ASUSWRT-Merlin GT-AXE16000 388.1_beta2-gcf74ee5066 Fri Nov 11 15:42:12 UTC 2022
jon@GT-AXE16000-A230:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/net/biqos
jon@GT-AXE16000-A230:/tmp/home/root#

@RMerlin Actually, I think this is the correct firmware.
Yeah, the git tag hasn't changed because there were no new commit since last test build.

enabled AIProtection and the command is returning "0" meaning it is not being bypassed right?
That should be the case, yes. So it looks like Asus' new implementation is working properly now.

Thanks for testing, I'll report the results back.

Status
Not open for further replies.