What's new

BACKUPMON BACKUPMON v1.8.19 -July 20, 2024- Backup/Restore your Router: JFFS + NVRAM + External USB Drive! CIFS/SMB/NFS! (Now available in AMTM!)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

This is kind of trivial, but when reinstalling everything from scratch on my ax88uPro, I noticed that the CLI prompts are inconsistent, sometimes "0/1", sometimes "y/n" and sometimes "0=No, 1=Yes".

Code:
 Would you like BACKUPMON to send you email notifications on backup success or failure,
  or both? Please note: This does require that AMTM email has been set up successfully
  under AMTM -> em (email settings). Once you are able to send and receive test emails,
  you may utilize this functionality in BACKUPMON. Additionally, this functionality will
  download an AMTM email interface library courtesy of @Martinski, and will be located
  under a new common library folder called: /jffs/addons/shared-libs.

(No=0, Yes=1) (Default = 0)
 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Email Notification Option: No

Enable BACKUPMON Email Notifications (0/1)?: 1

Email on Successful Backups? (No=0, Yes=1): 1

Email on Backup Failures? (No=0, Yes=1): 1

Installing Shared Email Library Components...

Installing the shared library script file to support email notifications...

404: Not Found
**ERROR**: Unable to download the library script [CustomEMailFunctions.lib.sh]
Trying again with a different URL...

The email library script file [CustomEMailFunctions.lib.sh] was installed.

Would you like to send a TEST email from BACKUPMON?
[y/n]? y

This is kind of trivial, but when reinstalling everything from scratch on my ax88uPro, I noticed that the CLI prompts are inconsistent, sometimes "0/1", sometimes "y/n" and sometimes "0=No, 1=Yes".

Code:
 Would you like BACKUPMON to send you email notifications on backup success or failure,
  or both? Please note: This does require that AMTM email has been set up successfully
  under AMTM -> em (email settings). Once you are able to send and receive test emails,
  you may utilize this functionality in BACKUPMON. Additionally, this functionality will
  download an AMTM email interface library courtesy of @Martinski, and will be located

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[y/n]? y
Yeah, picked that up a wee while back but seemed churlish given the amazing Addons :).
There is a method to the madness on occasion though, apparently.

If you have a number of Addons, some use y/n and some 0/1 so that's a bit confusing sometimes too, but I don't think @thelonelycoder is going to start mandate a style :)

Code:

[y/n]? y
Usually the ones that ask for 0/1 are options that get saved in the config... The y/n's are transient. Hey it keeps you on your toes right! Make sure you're not drunk restoring! 😋

Last night, as a result of numerous brownouts in my region, my JFFS was wiped clean. This morning, once the power issues subsided, I used BACKUPMON to restore my router and it worked like a charm. Thank you, @Viktor Jaep!

Last night, as a result of numerous brownouts in my region, my JFFS was wiped clean. This morning, once the power issues subsided, I used BACKUPMON to restore my router and it worked like a charm. Thank you, @Viktor Jaep!
Wow, that's scary!! Glad everything turned out OK. Might want to ask Santa for a nice little UPS to prevent that in the future! ;)

Wow, that's scary!! Glad everything turned out OK. Might want to ask Santa for a nice little UPS to prevent that in the future! ;)
I don't know if you remember, but I live in Airbnbs and travel around the world. Those are too heavy for my lifestyle.

Only one place had a UPS, I loved it. That was two years ago.

P.S.
I saw another post about these "errors" and that they mean nothing. Is there a way to prevent them from logging so it is easier to read the error log?
1722345359003.png

I don't know if you remember, but I live in Airbnbs and travel around the world. Those are too heavy for my lifestyle.

Only one place had a UPS, I loved it. That was two years ago.

P.S.
I saw another post about these "errors" and that they mean nothing. Is there a way to prevent them from logging so it is easier to read the error log?
View attachment 60636
Yep, I remember now! ;) Filtering out these messages is on my to-do list. Coming soon(ish)!

I want to thank both @Viktor Jaep and @ExtremeFiretop. After working through customized scripts with @ExtremeFiretop for my GT-AXE16000 to enable 6 GHz WiFi for clients, I realized that I needed to maintain backups for that node as well since it was no longer a "generic" AiMesh node. I installed BACKUPMON and configured with NAS share as destination — easy peasy! And I added MerlinAU as well. The beauty of both of these tools is they are completely flexible as to configuration and capabilities.

I want to thank both @Viktor Jaep and @ExtremeFiretop. After working through customized scripts with @ExtremeFiretop for my GT-AXE16000 to enable 6 GHz WiFi for clients, I realized that I needed to maintain backups for that node as well since it was no longer a "generic" AiMesh node. I installed BACKUPMON and configured with NAS share as destination — easy peasy! And I added MerlinAU as well. The beauty of both of these tools is they are completely flexible as to configuration and capabilities.
Really glad the combo of the 2 tools are working out for you, @visortgw! :)