What's new

Can't sign in

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Joergi

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
I changed the time zone in my AC87U with firmware 380.57 and apply.
I logged out and now I can't sign in (username and password does not work anymore).
What can I do?

At worst, you can restore the router to factory default settings using the WPS button and manually restore your settings.

It's not something silly like your keyboard capitals button is on? Any strange special characters in your password? Perhaps reboot the computer you are using to log in and try again? And type your password into say a text editor or even an address bar just to test that it is coming out as you intended.

did you try accessing the router via its IP iof its name ? (have seen a few posts on this)

Chances are your browser's auto form filling changed either the username or the password of your router when you changed the timezone (since it's on the same page).

Unless you can figure out what it was changed to, you will have to do a factory default reset to regain access to it.

My inference from your initial posting is that there is no problem accessing the gui login page, but it's as if your password has been changed and you can't log in.

That happened to me when I first set up the router. I have no idea what happened; the login credentials had already been proven to work but I changed some setting and it was as if my password had been changed. In the end I bit the bullet and restored to factory default settings and then set it up again. I then kept making setup backup files as I went along inserting my settings. Never happened again.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!