What's new

Compatibility Findings with AddOns with GT-BE98 Pro

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The Unbound Graphical Statistics GUI Add-on is the only remaining item that I have used in the past that I'm missing, but I see that you are working that one as well! Thanks again!
The pull request I submitted to address the errors when loading the WebGUI page for Unbound on the 3006.102.1 F/W has now been merged into the 'develop' branch. I'm assuming that at some point in the near future, the PR will be included in the next master release.

FYI.

Any news with the Skynet missing scrollbar issue ?

Thanks,
Aurel

I know Martinski has been working on addressing the "missing vertical scrollbar" issue found in some add-ons webGUI when loaded on the latest 386.14 F/W release.
However, I can't tell if @Adamm is actively working on the issue as his repo appears to be without a "dev" branch.

I can only assume he may be working on an update behind the scenes. Maybe he has an update himself to provide.

Last edited:
I know Martinski has been working on addressing the "missing vertical scrollbar" issue found in some add-ons webGUI when loaded on the latest 386.14 F/W release.
However, I can't tell if @Adamm is actively working on the issue as his repo appears to be without a "dev" branch.

I can only assume he may be working on an update behind the scenes. Maybe he has an update himself to provide.

I would be more than happy for anyone to submit a pull request if they identify the issue.

I would be more than happy for anyone to submit a pull request if they identify the issue.
Using Firefox, while on the Skynet tab go into the Application Menu (hamburger icon in upper right of toolbar) and select More tools -> Web Developer Tools. If you change the overflow attribute to "auto" on the body html tag as shown below the scrollbar re-appears.

1721939978246.png

If you change the overflow attribute to "auto" on the body html tag as shown below the scrollbar re-appears.
I confirm, this is the fix.
I tested on both Firefox and Chrome modifying in developer tools and when changing style="overflow: hidden;" to style="overflow: auto;" the scrollbar is shown and is functional again.
Until the fix will be available in a Skynet update I'll use this to check the Skynet status.
Thank you @WRobertE for finding the fix and thank you @Adamm for Skynet, it's a amazing firewall !
I just donated to @RMerlin and @Adamm, thank you guys for your great work !

Regards,
Aurel

Last edited:
I confirm, this is the fix.
I tested on both Firefox and Chrome modifying in developer tools and when changing style="overflow: hidden;" to style="overflow: auto;" the scrollbar is shown and is functional again.
Until the fix will be available in a Skynet update I'll use this to check the Skynet status.
Thank you @WRobertE for finding the fix and thank you @Adamm for Skynet, it's a amazing firewall !
I just donated to @RMerlin and @Adamm, thank you guys for your great work !

Regards,
Aurel
The trick is finding where this attribute is being set. I've tried directly editing the user1.asp file (that's where Skynet shows up on my installation), but that attribute is getting overriden when the page loads. Still looking ...

Last edited:
Seems this is a general issue affecting all add-ons. I just discovered the uiScribe installed on my router have the same problem, the horizontal scrollbar disappears...
Your fix works there there too.
So I guess if there is a single location in the libraries where that attribute is generated in all the add-on pages, a single fix could resolve the missing scrollbar issue for all the add-ons.
Question: how do you explore the JS files and what are you using for editing a file ?
I'm a developer but I work with .NET, C#, Angular, etc., I'm not familiar with this environment. Usually I just use SSH to run AMTM.
But I'll try to take a look in the weekend (explore and open those JS files).

Thanks,
Aurel

The trick is finding where this attribute is being set. I've tried directly editing the user1.asp file (that's where Skynet shows up on my installation), but that attribute is getting overriden when the page loads. Still looking ...
Look into how state.js loads asus_policy.js which has several top.document.body.style.overflow = 'hidden'; lines.

Seems this is a general issue affecting all add-ons. I just discovered the uiScribe installed on my router have the same problem, the horizontal scrollbar disappears...
Your fix works there there too.
So I guess if there is a single location in the libraries where that attribute is generated in all the add-on pages, a single fix could resolve the missing scrollbar issue for all the add-ons.
Question: how do you explore the JS files and what are you using for editing a file ?
I'm a developer but I work with .NET, C#, Angular, etc., I'm not familiar with this environment. Usually I just use SSH to run AMTM.
But I'll try to take a look in the weekend (explore and open those JS files).

Thanks,
Aurel
I'm just doing SSH to the router and using nano to edit the user1.asp file. I can use amtm to uninstall/reinstall skynet if I screw it up.

I've tried setting a style attribute on the body html tag but it gets overridden somewhere else.

Last edited:
Look into how state.js loads asus_policy.js which has several top.document.body.style.overflow = 'hidden'; lines.

That's ugly but it does seem like this is where the attribute "overflow:hidden" is being dynamically inserted into the body tag on the user1.asp page.

Maybe it can be dynamically modified back to "overflow:auto" in the user1.asp page. But this is getting over my head.

Last edited:
I'll take a look at the problem. I have a solution that should work with the Skynet webGUI as well.

Since your GitHub repository doesn't have a 'develop' branch, I'll submit a pull request directly to your 'master' branch.

EDIT [UPDATE]:
The "missing scrollbar" problem has been fixed for Skynet. A PR has been submitted to @Adamm's 'master' branch.

Skynet v7.6.2 (local development run)

Skynet_v7.6.2_OK.jpg

Last edited:
I can also confirm the new version of Skynet fixes the scrollbar issue. Thank you @Martinski.

However, I did have one slight issue during the Skynet upgrade. When I used AMTM to "update" Skynet, I ended up with (2) Skynet tabs on the Firewall page. One was the old version that was missing the scrollbar and the other was the new version that included the scrollbar.

I went back into AMTM and uninstalled Skynet but that just removed the new version with the scrollbar and the old version without the scrollbar remained.

I then re-flashed 386.14 and used AMTM to re-install Skynet and everything was back to normal.

Therefore, I'd recommend uninstalling the old Skynet version first before re-installing Skynet to get the new version. Maybe there's an issue in the upgrade process that @Adamm can look at.

Thanks for everyone's help getting this fixed.

Last edited:
With a slight modification, scribe seems to be working with 3006.102 fw

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!