What's new

Development update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi Marlin,
did you think it will be possible to add more DNS setting on the LAN page ?
I will like to have the DHCP passing other 2 DNS to the clients.

Thanks.

No plan to. The normal behaviour is to have the router pass its own IP to clients, and the router takes care of using the two DNS servers from the ISP to handle name resolution. If you have special needs on your network you can handle them by modifying the dnsmasq config file.

No problem if you are going from Asuswrt-Merlin to Asuswrt-Merlin.

Going from Asus to Asuswrt-Merlin will require accessing the OpenVPN key page, and re-save the content of that page to properly encode the keys.

Gong from merlin to merlin. Flashed marlin the 2nd day I got my router

No plan to. The normal behaviour is to have the router pass its own IP to clients, and the router takes care of using the two DNS servers from the ISP to handle name resolution. If you have special needs on your network you can handle them by modifying the dnsmasq config file.
Thanks Marlin, the question came from my DW setup as I try to fix the disconnection problem I have with game , can you point me to the script that create the "dual wan - load balance "
Thanks and Happy New Year !
;)

You can disable it on the Dual WAN page.

If something is still broken with it then this is something Asus will have to take care of. I have no way of testing 3G/4G device support.

Hi Merlin, thanks for your reply.

I know that i am able to disable DUAL WAN. The problem is that the 3g failover is not working. The "old" 3g failover did work perfectly.

Is it possible to implement the old 3g failover again? Please note that there are some more people having problems with dual WAN:

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=11495&page=4

Thanks!!

Thanks Marlin, the question came from my DW setup as I try to fix the disconnection problem I have with game , can you point me to the script that create the "dual wan - load balance "
Thanks and Happy New Year !
;)

Dual WAN is not implemented as a script, it's built in the firmware code itself.

Hi Merlin, thanks for your reply.

I know that i am able to disable DUAL WAN. The problem is that the 3g failover is not working. The "old" 3g failover did work perfectly.

Is it possible to implement the old 3g failover again? Please note that there are some more people having problems with dual WAN:

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=11495&page=4

Not possible. This whole code isn't just a few lines here and there, it's implemented deep into the firmware code, all over the place. It can't just be transplanted.

Dual WAN is not implemented as a script, it's built in the firmware code itself.

Any suggestion on how I can try to understand why is dropping the connection when we play games ?
Thanks

Any suggestion on how I can try to understand why is dropping the connection when we play games ?
Thanks

Load-balancing might create issues with games if they establish multiple connections. The game server might not like seeing two different IPs for the client, resulting in connectivity issues with games.

Load-balancing might create issues with games if they establish multiple connections. The game server might not like seeing two different IPs for the client, resulting in connectivity issues with games.
yes I think you are correct, but the question is why the router change the connection ? This is the part I don't understand , if he keep me connected using WAN1 why it change ? it's possible to avoid it ? having it to be keeping the connection by IP and not by other mean . I think is not registering the traffic correctly or it my be a timeout issue if the game stop the traffic for a while.
:)

I know incoming and outgoing on different networks causes all sorts of issues when we swapped data centres last year.

Battlefield 3 was worst. we had a lot of customer complaints until we figured out what was going off.

yes I think you are correct, but the question is why the router change the connection ? This is the part I don't understand , if he keep me connected using WAN1 why it change ? it's possible to avoid it ? having it to be keeping the connection by IP and not by other mean . I think is not registering the traffic correctly or it my be a timeout issue if the game stop the traffic for a while.
:)

Dual WAN allows you to define some static routes - maybe experiment with those, assuming your game connect to a central server and not directly with other players.

I know incoming and outgoing on different networks causes all sorts of issues when we swapped data centres last year.

Battlefield 3 was worst. we had a lot of customer complaints until we figured out what was going off.

Wait what? Care to give more context?

I read Battlefield and am instantly intrigued.

quite simple, battlefield has to follow the same path in and out or it will lag. dual wan and BF3 was a huge no.