What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hello

I will install DIVERSION but i have a question. When i want install DIVERSION with the pixelserv-tls then i have this message.

Code:
Go to LAN > DHCP Server
 - Adjust "IP Pool Starting Address" from the
   standard xxx.xxx.xxx.2 (typically 192.168.1.2)
   to xxx.xxx.xxx.3 (e.g 192.168.1.3)
   (xxx.2 would be the reserved address)
 - Make sure the reserved address is not used
   by your other devices
 - Then click "Apply"

Currently is on my router IP
pool start address = 192.168.99.2
pool end address = 192.168.99.254

If i now set the range according to the instructions of 192.168.99.2 - 192.168.99.3, how then get my other devices their IP number, if the range contains only 2 numbers? I don't understand that.

Thank you very much.

Hello

I will install DIVERSION but i have a question. When i want install DIVERSION with the pixelserv-tls then i have this message.

Code:
Go to LAN > DHCP Server
 - Adjust "IP Pool Starting Address" from the
   standard xxx.xxx.xxx.2 (typically 192.168.1.2)
   to xxx.xxx.xxx.3 (e.g 192.168.1.3)
   (xxx.2 would be the reserved address)
 - Make sure the reserved address is not used
   by your other devices
 - Then click "Apply"

Currently is on my router IP
pool start address = 192.168.99.2

If i now set the range according to the instructions of 192.168.99.2 - 192.168.99.3, how then get my other devices their IP number, if the range contains only 2 numbers? I don't understand that.

Thank you very much.

pool start address = 192.168.99.3

You're setting your range to 192.168.99.3-192.168.99.254 (thus reserving 192.168.99.2 for Pixelserv-tls).

My findings are as follows...
even with NO sites blacklisted, the Amazon Shopping app fails. As a result, I've uninstalled it and will use Brave when I need to use Amazon on my phone. Otherwise, no other broken apps. So far, so good with my new USB drive with pixelserv-tls server running.

Some additional findings... my Nokia 7.1's battery almost lasts twice as long. Not sure if coincidental, but I appreciate the monster battery life with pixelserv-tls installed. Wonder if anyone else has had this experience, or if I'm just imagining things.

Some additional findings... my Nokia 7.1's battery almost lasts twice as long. Not sure if coincidental, but I appreciate the monster battery life with pixelserv-tls installed. Wonder if anyone else has had this experience, or if I'm just imagining things.
Probably blocking some crypto mining app ads.

Hi,
Could you please confirm that I can install Diversion (full) on John's LTS fork firmware on N66U? Thanks!

Per the Diversion website it looks like your N66U running John's fork will work just fine with Diversion.

upload_2019-8-8_1-12-3.png

But then this seems to indicate that it is not compatible.

"2) Minimum Firmware version for Diversion Lite edition (no pixelserv-tls): 380.57
Minimum Firmware version for Diversion Standard edition (with pixelserv-tls): 380.61"

There's no harm in running the install script. The script runs through many checks to make sure all requirements to run Diversion are met.

Per the Diversion website it looks like your N66U running John's fork will work just fine with Diversion.

View attachment 18942

"2) Minimum Firmware version for Diversion Lite edition (no pixelserv-tls): 380.57
Minimum Firmware version for Diversion Standard edition (with pixelserv-tls): 380.61"

There's no harm in running the install script. The script runs through many checks to make sure all requirements to run Diversion are met.

Thanks. This is exactly why I asked, since John's fork is based on an older version, and Diversion states that 380. 61 is the minimum. However, there are many updates and modifications to the fork, and only the base is older. I am sure there are Diversion users out there on John's fork to confirm this before I start flashing from Merlin to John's fork (ay mainly I would need DoT, Diversion and Skynet).

Thanks. This is exactly why I asked, since John's fork is based on an older version, and Diversion states that 380. 61 is the minimum. However, there are many updates and modifications to the fork, and only the base is older. I am sure there are Diversion users out there on John's fork to confirm this before I start flashing from Merlin to John's fork (ay mainly I would need DoT, Diversion and Skynet).

Diversion and Stubby (DNS over TLS) will work fine, however, SkyNet is not compatible with this fork.

Diversion and Stubby (DNS over TLS) will work fine, however, SkyNet is not compatible with this fork.
Many thanks. Well, I think I can live without Skynet for now, but I guess it is about the time to switch to a Merlin supported router. Especially as it looks that John doesn't update the fw since april (I know the reasons, and I'm very sorry for that). But still, we are without fw update.

I think I will give John's fork a try and see how it performs with Diversion and Stubby (DoT).
The problem is that I'm delying the change of the router since who wants to replace a router called Dark Knight :D
And don't really need a new router since the Dark Knight is doing everything I need (wxcept regular fw updates and Skynet, being the former a deal braker now).

Next time you see such a number, post output of this command:
Code:
du -h /mnt/AMTM/myswap.swp

Hi,

Yesterday I disabled Diversion, but when I enabled it back again (using D->1); pixelserv didn't start, plus noticed swap file dissappeared.
What could happen? I didn't touch anything...
Any command want me to run before uninstalling and reinstalling Diversion? (Rebooting router, or restarting pixelserv didn't work).

It's a good thumb drive, so I'm not suspecting about hardware and it's formated using amtm ext4

thanks

Hi,
I want for a domain to be able to run all ads, is it possible this? when i run in my browser this web address
Code:
www.mydomain.ro
to bypass diversion ?
If you need, i cand get a screen capture...

Hi,
I want for a domain to be able to run all ads, is it possible this? when i run in my browser this web address
Code:
www.mydomain.ro
to bypass diversion ?

You can only whitelist or blacklist individual domains, or use DNSFilter for a MAC address on your LAN to completely bypass diversion altogether (but it doesn't sound like you want to do that).

follow dnsmasq.log (f) > Filtered by blocked domains (3) > launch your site and browse around and start whitelisting domains (if they are blacklisted in the first place)

Probably blocking some crypto mining app ads.
Google has a lot of catching up to do in their Play Store, Apple may not be 100% clean but close to it.

Hi,
Code:
www.mydomain.ro
to bypass diversion ?
Just add the domain with and without the www part to the whitelist.

Edit: Sorry, I read your comment wrong.
What you want is not possible for a specific domain in Diversion.

View attachment 18942

I updated the remarks to include John's LTS and GNUton's fork.
Thanks for bringing this up.

Any command want me to run before uninstalling and reinstalling Diversion? (Rebooting router, or restarting pixelserv didn't work).
Post the content of /jffs/scripts/post-mount, use SF to show the file in Diversion.
Also, the output of this command is of interest:
Code:
df

Hi,

I have 2 questions where I've been searching the net for over 2 weeks, wondering if anyone can help:
- I have Skynet and Diversion installed with Medium + Blocking list installed

However, when I load onenote, none of my notebooks are able to sync. I've tried to look through the log files but do not see any domains that being blocked when I use OneNote. However, If I disabled Diversion, OneNote works. My questions, is there a way to get OneNote to work without disabling Diversion everytime?

ALso, the custom Host option in diversion. How do I get a list of hosts that I can use here?

thanks
follow dnsmasq.log (f) > Filtered by blocked domains (3) > launch your app and start whitelisting domains

Or tone down the blocklists to Standard+. Less is more in my opinion; the standard default blocklist is pretty stellar as-is:
https://github.com/StevenBlack/hosts

Or use a hosted whitelist (the one I use):
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/anudeepND/whitelist/master/domains/whitelist.txt

If you're using pixelserv-tls, make sure that the trusted root cert is installed on the device in question:
https://github.com/kvic-z/pixelserv-tls/wiki/Create-and-Import-the-CA-Certificate

I use Standard+ and that's it. I used to use more (pi-hole default lists), but you can search around the web for good blocklists (just remember that they need to be in HOSTS format). Example: https://firebog.net

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!