What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

He's running an n66u...that's the last firmware merlin wrote for that hardware.
@loady it may be time to replace/repurpose/retire that old war horse, because some of this may be beyond what it can handle, or will likely be soon enough.
with the AX stuff coming out, the AC86 is starting to get rather affordable...and the AC68 is getting downright cheap.

Damnit, thought I would get away with this router....I was fancying a new one, I'm on DSL with talk talk in UK, the DSL versions of the Asus router are cheaper, I'll ask iso if it's possible to use my own router, I dont think they do

Damnit, thought I would get away with this router....I was fancying a new one, I'm on DSL with talk talk in UK, the DSL versions of the Asus router are cheaper, I'll ask iso if it's possible to use my own router, I dont think they do
I have FTTC with TalkTalk. I got a BT Openreach modem on ebay eg
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/223735315368
and my RT-AC68U sits behind it without any problem.

You haven’t said if you have set DNSFilter Global Mode to Router.

Can I save all my settings and import to new firmware
No, bad idea. However, once you have switched to John’s fork, you would be able to use his NVRAM Save/Restore Utility to import your settings from one version of his firmware to a newer version of his firmware. (That tool used to work on Merlin’s firmware but is now no longer safely compatible.)

yes had a read of that, i used it to try and have it work on my laptop over the ovpn server, i found the setting to "In the Advanced Settings (dropdown VPN Details) set Advertise DNS to clients to Yes." but cant find this setting.... "On the General settings of the OpenVPN Server page, set Client will use VPN to access to Both."

Could someone running diversion try this website and see if the ad choices ad dissapears for you ?... https://www.se7ensins.com/

I see "Sponsors" in the tab on the right - but no adverts anywhere else on that site.

To find the setting that escapes you - on the VPN server tab [to the right of VPN Status Tab] - scroll down and make sure that "VPN Details" selection is set to "General" [not Advanced] - then immediately below it you will see the 3 choices available to you "LAN only" "Internet only" or "Both" ]Both" is what I use]!

In my case - whether on VPN or not - I force ALL clients to use the DNS configured on the router. Under the LAN settings Tab of the webgui Home page I Enable DNS-based filtering and set mine to "router".

My tablet, phone, laptop etc - all VPN through my home router while roaming and enjoy the luxury of "relatively" ad free browsing PLUS tighter security under both Diversion and Skynet.

I see "Sponsors" in the tab on the right - but no adverts anywhere else on that site.

To find the setting that escapes you - on the VPN server tab [to the right of VPN Status Tab] - scroll down and make sure that "VPN Details" selection is set to "General" [not Advanced] - then immediately below it you will see the 3 choices available to you "LAN only" "Internet only" or "Both" ]Both" is what I use]!

In my case - whether on VPN or not - I force ALL clients to use the DNS configured on the router. Under the LAN settings Tab of the webgui Home page I Enable DNS-based filtering and set mine to "router".

My tablet, phone, laptop etc - all VPN through my home router while roaming and enjoy the luxury of "relatively" ad free browsing PLUS tighter security under both Diversion and Skynet.

As you can see from my screenshot, I have it set to general..I can't see the other DNS setting you mentioned on the Lan tab, picture below..

Screenshot_20191110-234837.png Screenshot_20191111-074439.png

As you can see from my screenshot, I have it set to general..I can't see the other DNS setting you mentioned on the Lan tab, picture below..

Got it - your firmware way behind - so unless one of the coders can help you on your present firmware ... you may have to upgrade.

RT-AC66U
Firmware: 380.68_4 Last working OK version in my case!

using temporary pgl.yoyo.org hosts file to lower memory usage while updating
remote file newer: getting new hosts file
https://pgl.yoyo.org/adservers/serv...&showintro=0&mimetype=plaintext&useip=0.0.0.0
######################################################################## 100.0%
sort: standard output: No space left on device
pgl.yoyo.org is not hosts file, keeping blocking list

preparing temporary whitelist
preserving assembled hardcoded whitelist
updated /jffs/shared-Diversion-whitelist
sed: write error

Any idea why these 2 errors?

Previous one worked without any error!
If too old how could I return to previous one?

Anyone ever seen this before? After a fresh install on a friend's router remotely, everything seemed to be working just fine last night. This morning, I checked in just to poke around and see if everything was humming along. To my surprise, the version number showed up as "v" with no numbers. When I select diversion, it tells me to install and reboot. After I reboot, the same thing happens; it shows the version as "v" and if I select diversion, it tells me to update and reboot. And in a big circle we go.

1.PNG

2.PNG

Anyone ever seen this before? After a fresh install on a friend's router remotely, everything seemed to be working just fine last night. This morning, I checked in just to poke around and see if everything was humming along. To my surprise, the version number showed up as "v" with no numbers. When I select diversion, it tells me to install and reboot. After I reboot, the same thing happens; it shows the version as "v" and if I select diversion, it tells me to update and reboot. And in a big circle we go.

View attachment 19850

View attachment 19851
Have you got the option to uninstall Diversion, and, if so, have you tried uninstalling it and then installing it?

Have you got the option to uninstall Diversion, and, if so, have you tried uninstalling it and then installing it?
No uninstall option. When I click on (1) it just starts that installation process again. Unless I can uninstall Diversion from the command line?

No uninstall option. When I click on (1) it just starts that installation process again. Unless I can uninstall Diversion from the command line?
In Diversion go to menu d and 6 to uninstall.

How? When I launch diversion, it forces an install. I see no menus... my options are install or break with ctrl-c.
It seems that your USB drive is faulty or you have a partition problem. Did you also install AMTM and format the USB drive through AMTM?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!