What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In this cases should be an option to reverse back if new one does not work... A version for old hardware kept separately, for those who cannot yet afford a new one... few kb on a server should be nothing...

Your USB device is either failing or running out of space, it has nothing todo with the script. Read the errors you are getting.

It has everything to do! When I started I used a 1Gb stick, and all settings worked fine till version 4.1.3.
Now, all of sudden the temporary files grow so big and so fast... and space is gone.
So, you suggest to use a larger USB, but I really do not understand why! A host file is around 20mb, 8 or 9 host files should be fine on a 1Gb space, don't you think? 180mb together if no overlap which is not the case! Why over 800mb after first 2 hosts processed, that's really insane! Something is wrong, somewhere...

It has everything to do! When I started I used a 1Gb stick, and all settings worked fine till version 4.1.3.
Now, all of sudden the temporary files grow so big and so fast... and space is gone.
So, you suggest to use a larger USB, but I really do not understand why! A host file is around 20mb, 8 or 9 host files should be fine on a 1Gb space, don't you think? 180mb together if no overlap which is not the case! Why over 800mb after first 2 hosts processed, that's really insane! Something is wrong, somewhere...

Whats the output of;

Code:
df -h

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 8.4K 8.4K 0 100% /
/dev/root 8.4K 8.4K 0 100% /
tmpfs 701.7K 6.9K 694.9K 1% /tmp
devfs 701.7K 0 701.7K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock5 192.0K 7.7K 184.3K 4% /jffs
/dev/sdb1 44.6M 25.8M 16.5M 61% /tmp/mnt/os
/dev/sda1 22.0M 44.9K 20.9M 0% /tmp/mnt/data

Filesystem Size Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 8.4K 8.4K 0 100% /
/dev/root 8.4K 8.4K 0 100% /
tmpfs 701.7K 6.9K 694.9K 1% /tmp
devfs 701.7K 0 701.7K 0% /dev
/dev/mtdblock5 192.0K 7.7K 184.3K 4% /jffs
/dev/sdb1 44.6M 25.8M 16.5M 61% /tmp/mnt/os
/dev/sda1 22.0M 44.9K 20.9M 0% /tmp/mnt/data

Your USB partition “os” is only 44.6Mb, your “data” partition is 22Mb.

There is your issue :rolleyes:

Well, you are right, I put swap file on second USB (2048 while total space was 3.7GB) but after the upgrade I have had it on first USB with OS (1024 while total space was 1.9GB). Strange, never expected that... Problem solved, thank you so much! Please tell me what is recommended swap file 3. 1024 or 4. 2048? What advantages will be on a larger swap file? In the beginning of this trip 512 was recommended value for the swap... But things have changed drastically!

Last edited:
Well, you are right, I put swap file on second USB (2048 while total space was 3.7GB) but after the upgrade I have had it on first USB with OS (1024 while total space was 1.9GB). Strange, never expected that... Problem solved, thank you so much! Please tell me what is recommended swap file 3. 1024 or 4. 2048? What advantages will be on a larger swap file? In the beginning of this trip 512 was recommended value for the swap... But things have changed drastically!

512 is enough for 99% of use cases.

Even 256MB as Swap file will do. I only host the latest version of Diversion. It‘s only getting better, never worse.

As I said before something is terribly wrong!
1.7GB a temp file? Should I use a 4GB or better 8GB USB? What is recommended for 4.1.5? For previous version my setup was good enough! But now!?
WinSCP capture!!!

SWAP file = 1024Mb! But I am considering 2048Mb if doesn't work properly!

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 231
As I said before something is terribly wrong!
1.7GB a temp file? Should I use a 4GB or better 8GB USB? What is recommended for 4.1.5? For previous version my setup was good enough! But now!?
WinSCP capture!!!

SWAP file = 1024Mb! But I am considering 2048Mb if doesn't work properly!
How big is your whitelist? The size of the whitelist.tmp is way bigger than I've ever seen.

After updating the block list, the tmp file has not been deleted, so I need to manually delete it! Maybe if you allow me to suggest a code change, you could add *.tmp file deletion code in your software, but only if you want!

Only 74kb - see the previous post in which the file sizes appear and especially the huge file *.tmp!
Is it so "huge"? Some lists unfortunately aggressively block all Romanian sites, really do not know why (but I assume there is no reason at all for blocking even alternative newspapers/blogs), so I have to unlock some of them one way or another... but not all, so I can read the news!
If the whitelist.lst file reaches 80kb - nothing works anymore!

Last edited:
After updating the block list, the tmp file has not been deleted, so I need to manually delete it! Maybe if you allow me to suggest a code change, you could add *.tmp file deletion code in your software, but only if you want!

Only 74kb - see the previous post in which the file sizes appear and especially the huge file *.tmp!
Is it so "huge"? Some lists unfortunately aggressively block all Romanian sites, really do not know why (but I assume there is no reason at all for blocking even alternative newspapers/blogs), so I have to unlock some of them one way or another... but not all, so you can read the news!
If the whitelist.lst file reaches 80kb - nothing works anymore!
I'm deleting the temp files, always did.
Are you running Diversion 4.1.5 now?

Yes, clean install. All fresh reinstalled after USB format and one by one installed from scratch!

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 320
Good to see that this stuff is still working and workable on a good ol’ ac66 with v380 Merlin...one day, and that day will be sooner than later, one or more script update will be more than it can handle.
Have you considered not updating, now that it works, and letting it work itself to death, happy in its labours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK! It's not working at all! Since no one have the older version you may consider my case a closed one! I uninstall it and that's it! Sorry if I offended some of you with my old junk but retirement isn't a pleasure in some places... Bye.

Wait, no!! Don’t leave!! I wasn’t suggesting that at all, and we’re not offended. Quite the opposite: we’re happy to try and help.
I was simply suggesting that your router’s abilities may soon be exceeded by running the most current versions of the script under that old version of the firmware. Once you have it running and stable, stop upgrading because it will break like you seem to indicate it has.

OK! It's not working at all! Since no one have the older version you may consider my case a closed one! I uninstall it and that's it! Sorry if I offended some of you with my old junk but retirement isn't a pleasure in some places... Bye.
The solution will come if you post the whitelist file. There must be some anomaly in the file that caused that “bloating”.

Yes, clean install. All fresh reinstalled after USB format and one by one installed from scratch!
Does not look like a fresh install of pixelserv-tls to me. There has been no beta version available for a long time.

Good to see that this stuff is still working and workable on a good ol’ ac66 with v380 Merlin...one day, and that day will be sooner than later, one or more script update will be more than it can handle.
Have you considered not updating, now that it works, and letting it work itself to death, happy in its labours?

My own testing includes running amtm and Diversion on two RT-AC66U routers. One runs 380.70, the other johns LTS fork firmware. They're not dead yet.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!