What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Alright, I hear you all.
I've just pushed a Diversion update, no version change

What's new
- Option in ep, 6, 3 to update pixelserv-tls to v2.3.1 (@Jack Yaz version) for all router models.

Use u to update.
That update doesn't work on my router. I'm getting Error: pixelserv-tls v2.3.1 is already installed
upload_2020-1-25_9-7-40.png

When I check what version I have it shows 2.3.0
upload_2020-1-25_9-8-31.png

That update doesn't work on my router. I'm getting Error: pixelserv-tls v2.3.1 is already installed
View attachment 21041

When I check what version I have it shows 2.3.0
View attachment 21042
Never mind, didn't have my coffee yet. It's is on 2.3.1. I remember now manually updating it about a week ago:
pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 (compiled: Dec 13 2019 20:33:42 flags: tfo tls1_3) options: 192.168.1.2

Never mind, didn't have my coffee yet. It's is on 2.3.1. I remember now manually updating it about a week ago:
pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 (compiled: Dec 13 2019 20:33:42 flags: tfo tls1_3) options: 192.168.1.2
It also shows the pixelserv-tls version in use on the main screen in Diversion ;)

It also shows the pixelserv-tls version in use on the main screen in Diversion ;)
How come the List of installed entware packages shows a different version?

How come the List of installed entware packages shows a different version?
Because the installed version is not from the official Entware repo, it lists only packages from it's own list.

I just uploaded an image to imgur.com of a new amtm version (read more about that exiting news here: https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...erlin-terminal-menu.42415/page-73#post-544200).
I remained logged in to imgur.com for about 30 minutes, not doing anything on that site. Since I know that imgur.com is VERY persistent with resolving (ads) domains, I updated the ads counter with ac after logging out of it. The result of that 30 minutes:
Code:
Done  updated ads counter: 16,004,729 total,
 1,865,655 this week, 1,056,222 new since last count

Had to reboot my router (remotely) because DNS was not working and amtm 3.0 was super slow (because of that?).

This time I used the GUI instead of `reboot` on the command line.

Again Diversion is uninstalled after the reboot... (third time this year)

You are the only one that reports this problem it seems to me.
Are you sure Diversion or Entware is gone?
There will be a folder named "entware" on the USB device. Can you check that before you nuke it all.

Had to reboot my router (remotely) because DNS was not working and amtm 3.0 was super slow (because of that?).

Again Diversion is uninstalled after the reboot... (third time this year)
And this time, please save the router's Syslog files. They may contain clues as to why this happens.
/tmp/syslog.log*
and
/jffs/syslog.log*
There might be four files.

Sorry, I already re-installed Diversion, but I did check before seeing your post; there still was a folder called "entware".

However:
  • before reinstalling `which diversion` returned nothing and amtm did not show Diversion
  • after reinstalling `which diversion` returned `/opt/bin/diversion` and amtm does show Diversion

Unrelated "issue":

After reinstalling Diversion via amtm the `install` script is left in the folder where I started `amtm`.

(in this case `/jffs/nextdns`)

Sorry, I already re-installed Diversion, but I did check before seeing your post; there still was a folder called "entware".

However:
  • before reinstalling `which diversion` returned nothing and amtm did not show Diversion
  • after reinstalling `which diversion` returned `/opt/bin/diversion` and amtm does show Diversion
Yeah, that's not going to help. Sorry. Entware was not started for unknown reasons. We will never get to the bottom of this if you simply nuke and reinstall before saving crucial information to find the reason.

I saved the logs, but when grep on either "Diversion" or "Entware" only returns entries from after the reboot/reinstallation.

In fact, all logs are from today (after the reboot) or May 5 when NTP was working yet.

So sorry, no logs from before the reboot.

Yeah, that's not going to help. Sorry. Entware was not started for unknown reasons. We will never get to the bottom of this if you simply nuke and reinstall before saving crucial information to find the reason.
My router was totally unresponsive; I could not even ssh into it, so I could not save any ("old") logs, I'm afraid.

(Diversion was definitely still installed earlier today)

I saved the logs, but when grep on either "Diversion" or "Entware" only returns entries from after the reboot/reinstallation.

In fact, all logs are from today (after the reboot) or May 5 when NTP was working yet.

So sorry, no logs from before the reboot.
They would not say Entware or Diversion, these are words I coded into it. Look for device mounting errors or /jffs/scripts errors that should run while booting. The date does not matter, it's the message or error that I'm after.

Still not having any luck with the alternate blocking file. Snbforums will not let me post the conf file. I tried the upload a file button but apparently that did not work either. Guess it is back to the drawing board.

Still not having any luck with the alternate blocking file. Snbforums will not let me post the conf file. I tried the upload a file button but apparently that did not work either. Guess it is back to the drawing board.
Post it to pastebin.com, place a link to it here.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!