What's new

Factory and Hard Reset - Low on Free JFFS Storage - GT-AX6000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

FourthandShort

Occasional Visitor
Curious if anyone else is having issues recently. I have searched but most of the threads on full or low JFFS storage are from 2020 or so.

I just did a hard reset after having my JFFS locked in read only. I was having issues getting the 388.8 firmware upload to succeed. I ended up flashing the stock Asus firmware, and this morning was able to flash 388.8.

I rebooted, and once logged in I received the warning I am low on JFFS storage. Its currently using 50.25 of 50.25. I performed a GUI reset making sure to click the box to initalize everything. No luck, so I hard reset. No luck. I have done this a few times and am still getting a full JFFS error.

Any idea how to clear it?

Thanks in advance.

As an additional comment, i am not restoring or loading any configuration files. I am starting from scratch. I did SSH into the router and the only things showing on the JFFS partition are the Cert folder, and its showing zero usage. I am at a loss on this one.

I'm having the same issues with my AX6000, the ax88pro: in stock Asus firmware last week when I got it, I did the barebones setup - authenticate with ISP, get an IPv6 delegation, surf. zippitydoodah, no troubles...until -
downloaded 388.8 from Merlin over the weekend, flashed yesterday after a reboot, and now my network is borked.
no amtm setup, no addon scripts, no drive for entware connected...and no internet connection any which way I try. VERY slow to boot/connect to the bridged gateway from my ISP

Asus site is less than helpful when looking for reset button vs wps reset...I want to wipe clean and go back to the start...

I'm having the same issues with my AX6000, the ax88pro: in stock Asus firmware last week when I got it, I did the barebones setup - authenticate with ISP, get an IPv6 delegation, surf. zippitydoodah, no troubles...until -
downloaded 388.8 from Merlin over the weekend, flashed yesterday after a reboot, and now my network is borked.
no amtm setup, no addon scripts, no drive for entware connected...and no internet connection any which way I try. VERY slow to boot/connect to the bridged gateway from my ISP

Asus site is less than helpful when looking for reset button vs wps reset...I want to wipe clean and go back to the start...
I was able to follow the Hard Reset instructions and get the Asus Stock firmware loaded. I had to power down the device, hold the WPS button (on the front of the 6000 near the left bottom side) and then power on. Wait for power light to go out while holding the WPS (the white one, not the ROG flashing one) and once it was out, release the WPS button, and then turn power switch off. Then turn the power switch back on.

Due to my inability to leave anything alone, i went ahead and SSH'ed into the router this morning and tried to switch to the jffs directory and run touch. I just got the message that the jffs partition is read only.

I am curious if it would be suggested to follow the same instructions posted here:

I have to admit I'm scratching my head a little bit because my GT-AX6000 (which is running just fine) reports
JFFS Usage: 1.85 / 44.46 MB
Which is quite different to 50.25MB!

Good observation, on my GT-AX6000 is see the same maximum value:
1722367858213.png

I have to admit I'm scratching my head a little bit because my GT-AX6000 (which is running just fine) reports
JFFS Usage: 1.85 / 44.46 MB
Which is quite different to 50.25MB!
Yea I am wondering if I can do another hard reset now that I have it on 388.8 and see if that clears out the jffs partition.

Yea I am wondering if I can do another hard reset now that I have it on 388.8 and see if that clears out the jffs partition.
So I did a hard reset, restarted the router and started fresh and BAM, same error.

I decided to try and flash one of the older Merlin versions so I flashed 388.7 and got that up and running. Once it was started up, the jffs error disappeared.

I decided to test my luck and threw on 388.8.

Somehow its unlocked and good to go. Currently at 0.48 of 44.46 MB now.

So I did a hard reset, restarted the router and started fresh and BAM, same error.

I decided to try and flash one of the older Merlin versions so I flashed 388.7 and got that up and running. Once it was started up, the jffs error disappeared.

I decided to test my luck and threw on 388.8.

Somehow its unlocked and good to go. Currently at 0.48 of 44.46 MB now.
yo i got this error too, just bought ax6000 flashed the latest merlin firmware and got jffs error like WTF

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!