What's new

scMerlin Feedback wanted on potential feature for v2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi!

I added triple = to your file /tmp/var/wwwext/user2.asp, which gives me

if(typeof wl_info.band5g_2_support === 'undefined' || wl_info.band5g_2_support === null){

same result. empty line.

Hi!

I added triple = to your file /tmp/var/wwwext/user2.asp, which gives me

same result. empty line.
i don't know why yours is erroring. if I change mine to something like wl_info.band5g_3_support on my 86u (which wont exist), the logic statements are parsed correctly

i don't know why yours is erroring. if I change mine to something like wl_info.band5g_3_support on my 86u (which wont exist), the logic statements are parsed correctly
What is strange is that I got correct results on the cli command !

The correct values are also displayed on Merlin WebUI page under Tools/Sysinfo:

1605389316106.png

What is strange is that this router is a tri-band router and merlin original code also shows only 2 bands !!

Asuswrt-Merlin Changelog said for version 384.16 :
- CHANGED: Report temperature of second 5 GHz radio on Sysinfo page for tri-band models.

but my version is 384.13_10 (which is the latest for RT-AC3200)

so, maybe there is no way to get temperature for all bands !

Merlin > System Status recognize the 3 bands

Is there some cli command that I can use to help you debug this situation ?

can you check the update_temperatures function from the standard page please?

The standard page indicates that 5G-2 exists but does NOT display the temperature of it !

On your user2.asp, if I comment out the second 5G band, as the following
success: function(response){
code = "<b>2.4 GHz:</b><span> " + curr_coreTmp_2_raw + "</span>";
if(typeof wl_info.band5g_2_support == 'undefined' || wl_info.band5g_2_support == null){
code += "&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz:</b> <span>" + curr_coreTmp_5_raw + "</span>";
}
else{
if(wl_info.band5g_2_support){
code += "&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz-1:</b> <span>" + curr_coreTmp_5_raw + "</span>";
/* code += "&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz-2:</b> <span>" + curr_coreTmp_52_raw + "</span>"; */
}
else if (band5g_support){
code += "&nbsp;&nbsp;-&nbsp;&nbsp;<b>5 GHz:</b> <span>" + curr_coreTmp_5_raw + "</span>";
}
}

Then your webpage does not give errors and shows this:

So the test is OK and the problem is with undefined variable curr_coreTMP_52_raw

Where is defined curr_coreTMP_52_raw ?

This variable doesn’t exist in ajax_coretmp.asp in 384.13, but does in 384.16 and later. Jack can initialize it if necessary, I think.

Thanks would be very nice :)

Here is my current 384.13_10 ajax_coretmp.asp

# cat ajax_coretmp.asp
curr_coreTmp_2_raw = "<% sysinfo("temperature.2"); %>";
curr_coreTmp_2 = (curr_coreTmp_2_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_2_raw.replace("&deg;C", ""));
curr_coreTmp_5_raw = "<% sysinfo("temperature.5"); %>";
curr_coreTmp_5 = (curr_coreTmp_5_raw.indexOf("disabled") > 0 ? 0 : curr_coreTmp_5_raw.replace("&deg;C", ""));
curr_coreTmp_cpu = "<% get_cpu_temperature(); %>";

Is there many differences compare to 384.16 version ?

I can apply those differences and give it a try.

This variable doesn’t exist in ajax_coretmp.asp in 384.13, but does in 384.16 and later. Jack can initialize it if necessary, I think.
See, I'm using an enhanced version of the code from 384.13 but it's still falling over. I test for the variable to exist or not and don't attempt to use it if it doesn't. I have tested with made up variables and the logic works. I don't understand why it doesn't work for this user.

Thanks would be very nice :)

Here is my current 384.13_10 ajax_coretmp.asp

Is there many differences compare to 384.16 version ?

I can apply those differences and give it a try.
Which browser do you use? Can you clear the cache and try checking for console errors again please? The webpage on develop should work for you

Which browser do you use? Can you clear the cache and try checking for console errors again please? The webpage on develop should work for you

# scmerlin uf

On windows 10/64 bits with Asus-wrtMerlin 384.13_10 on RT-AC3200, I try it with :
Edge 86.0.622.69 + clear cache
Chrome 86.0.4240.198 + clear cache
Ccleaner Browser 86.1.6739.114.9 + clear cache

Always same result: Empty Temperatures line on WebUI

Always same F12/console message

Then I tried the command
# scmerlin develop
and test de same 3 browsers+clear cache;
same results.

idem with # scmerlin develop; scmerlin uf

# scmerlin uf

On windows 10/64 bits with Asus-wrtMerlin 384.13_10 on RT-AC3200, I try it with :
Edge 86.0.622.69 + clear cache
Chrome 86.0.4240.198 + clear cache
Ccleaner Browser 86.1.6739.114.9 + clear cache

Always same result: Empty Temperatures line on WebUI

Always same F12/console message

Then I tried the command
# scmerlin develop
and test de same 3 browsers+clear cache;
same results.

idem with # scmerlin develop; scmerlin uf
develop was out of sync with master, so I've fixed that now. that being said, I still don't see why it is trying to use a variable that doesn't exist.
in the browser console, what do you get if you run
Code:
typeof wl_info.band5g_2_support

See, I'm using an enhanced version of the code from 384.13 but it's still falling over. I test for the variable to exist or not and don't attempt to use it if it doesn't. I have tested with made up variables and the logic works. I don't understand why it doesn't work for this user.
wl_info.band5g_2_support will be true, but nowhere in the ajax is curr_coreTmp_52_raw defined in 384.13, so you get the variable error.

so the variable exists and is falsely set to true? that's just awful
Which variable? 3200 is still a tri-band router, but the 5-2 temperature wasn’t added by Merlin until 384.16, so it’s just a divergence of code. Kinda like supporting John’s fork. ;)

Which variable? 3200 is still a tri-band router, but the 5-2 temperature wasn’t added by Merlin until 384.16, so it’s just a divergence of code. Kinda like supporting John’s fork. ;)
i suppose I could pull in getting the 2nd 5ghz band, right now I'm fighting spdmerlin and allowing users to choose servers for multiple servers, and have the UI clean up after itself. it is....not fun

@itibi try uf on develop now please

@Jack,

# scmerlin develop
# scmerlin
uf

Using Edge browser + reset all cache
gives empty Temperature line
F12/console indicates "curr_coreTmp_52_raw is not defined"

Can you force variable wl_info.band5g_2_support to false if merlin version is less than 384.16 ?

Hoping that, in the future, merlin adds RC-AC3200 to the list of supported routers for 384.16
or maybe, merlin can share the code for second 5GHz band so you can add it to tour scmerlin version :)

Thanks for your support and your patience.

You and Dave are great

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!